Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Remmeber this bird said he’s just a 6/7 tho and if you’re worried about losing demelo you’re worried about the wrong things! Also. “Not better than anything we already have. “

Tbh, the perfect partner is a guy that has chemistry with your franchise guy and is good enough to do the basic stuff well but not so good that he prices himself off the team.

He doesn't need to be better than other options, he needs to have the chemistry with elite guy and let them do their thing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tbh, the perfect partner is a guy that has chemistry with your franchise guy and is good enough to do the basic stuff well but not so good that he prices himself off the team.

He doesn't need to be better than other options, he needs to have the chemistry with elite guy and let them do their thing.
Which he was building with Chabot. And even then. He’s a top 4 RD. Which we’ve been looking for ever since he left.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Which he was building with Chabot. And even then. He’s a top 4 RD. Which we’ve been looking for ever since he left.
He spent the year playing with Boro on the bottom pair the year he left, but yes he had show chemistry with Chabot too. I liked him, I thought he was a great piece because he would never demand a huge salary but seemed to work well up the lineup with the right partner. I'm not sure he's the answer to our problem on D, he wouldn't hurt but he's not replacing Zub with Chabot, and while he might compliment Sanderson better than Hamonic, we lack alot of physicality from the backend already, I'd prefer whoever we get to be more of a physical presence, not necessarily a hitter but a guy that can handle bigger players well.

Reactions: Cosmix

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
He spent the year playing with Boro on the bottom pair the year he left, but yes he had show chemistry with Chabot too. I liked him, I thought he was a great piece because he would never demand a huge salary but seemed to work well up the lineup with the right partner. I'm not sure he's the answer to our problem on D, he wouldn't hurt but he's not replacing Zub with Chabot, and while he might compliment Sanderson better than Hamonic, we lack alot of physicality from the backend already, I'd prefer whoever we get to be more of a physical presence, not necessarily a hitter but a guy that can handle bigger players well.

Scott Mayfield.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’m not a big Demelo fan and I think he’s a 3rd pairing guy ideally BUT he would be top 4 on our roster.
Why would you not be a demelo fan? Great on and off the ice. A perfect compliment to any team. No? Rather have a 3rd rnd pick?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
DeMelo and Nick Paul are two cases of players I liked a lot but was also ok with trading at the deadline for assets, with the hope we could sign them back as free agents. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way. :(

Reactions: Dionysus

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

Marc Methot

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
DeMelo and Nick Paul are two cases of players I liked a lot but was also ok with trading at the deadline for assets, with the hope we could sign them back as free agents. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way. :(
paul i understood especially with the return we got

Demelos return was meh which made it annoying. Especially since after trading him we have been consistently replacing him in that lineup with worse players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens have the 4th best PP in the league don't they, how much better does it have to be? They seem to be doing a pretty good job running the PP by committee IMO.
not the point I recognize they have been very good. Just saying as a PP QB Karlsson is pretty outstanding.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Marc Methot
Sure, he had great chemistry with Karlsson, He's on the higher end since he eventually commanded a pretty high salary. We could use a Right handed Methot right about now, though I'm not sure everyone would be happy trading off a Foligno to get it...

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Sure, he had great chemistry with Karlsson, He's on the higher end since he eventually commanded a pretty high salary. We could use a Right handed Methot right about now, though I'm not sure everyone would be happy trading off a Foligno to get it...

It would be like trading Pinto for a young RD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who's our Foligno?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Who's our Foligno?

Pinto. They were drafted within 5 spots of one another, are both perceived as two way players with pretty good upside, very good hockey sense that are at the end of their contracts and have dealt with an injury that slowed their development.

The parallel between the two is uncanny. Pinto is younger in this comparison.

If Formenton were signed he might be subbed in for Pinto, but I believe Pinto is the better comp.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I don't think DeMelo is the "perfect" partner to play with a team's #1 D; he is a decent partner.

A VG team needs two pairs of D that can play at a high level, meaning contributing to a higher (GF-GA)/(GF+GA) percentage.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Why would you not be a demelo fan? Great on and off the ice. A perfect compliment to any team. No? Rather have a 3rd rnd pick?
No I’d rather have an offensive or big physical top 4 RD.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Remmeber this bird said he’s just a 6/7 tho and if you’re worried about losing demelo you’re worried about the wrong things! Also. “Not better than anything we already have. “

Losing DeMelo didn't make much sense at the time... much less so when you add Gudbranson, J.Brown, and Hamonic as the replacements in the years to follow. Even less so if Zaitsev was at all tradeable at the time.

Chabot - DeMelo/Zub
Sanderson - Zub/DeMelo
Holden/Brannstrom/Hamonic/JBD

Not world-beating, but better than any D group we've had in at least 5yrs

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Demelo was always underrated around here.

If he isn't top 4 material, the **** is Hamonic? He was a glue top 4 guy, not a stand out, but a guy that rarely hurt you.
Hamonic is an adequate placeholder partner for Sanderson but clearly should not be top 4 on a playoff calibre team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad