Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I don’t think Fabbro is what we need

We need a big shutdown dman, if you’re gonna go for a smaller dman or someone with offensive upside just go for the big dog in Karlsson

We need someone proven, offensive or defensive, get an established guy to round out the d corp
This would be my approach. We essentially need a better version of Hamonic to slot in with Sanderson now and into the future, toughness would be a bonus but thats asking for a lot. I really like Connor Murphy or Matt Roy. I also like Marcus Bjork in Columbus if we are going to try to identify talent before it has emerged, ala Zub. Adam Larson would be amazing but Seattle wont let him go. David Savard in Montreal fits the bill but he might be hard to pry away from Montreal as he's perfect for their rebuild. Mayfield and Severson are available this summer but both will probably cost too much AAV. Does Cal Foote on TB have anything left in his ceiling or is he maxed out as a 3rd pair NHLer?

Just a few names but out of that taking into consideration what is realistic I like Murphy, Savard and Bjork assuming Mayfield would price himself out of our range. And we should sign Hamonic as insurance / depth if he'll take a 2 year around $2M

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This would be my approach. We essentially need a better version of Hamonic to slot in with Sanderson now and into the future, toughness would be a bonus but thats asking for a lot. I really like Connor Murphy or Matt Roy. I also like Marcus Bjork in Columbus if we are going to try to identify talent before it has emerged, ala Zub. Adam Larson would be amazing but Seattle wont let him go. David Savard in Montreal fits the bill but he might be hard to pry away from Montreal as he's perfect for their rebuild. Mayfield and Severson are available this summer but both will probably cost too much AAV. Does Cal Foote on TB have anything left in his ceiling or is he maxed out as a 3rd pair NHLer?

Just a few names but out of that taking into consideration what is realistic I like Murphy, Savard and Bjork assuming Mayfield would price himself out of our range. And we should sign Hamonic as insurance / depth if he'll take a 2 year around $2M
David Savard is terrible and has been for a couple years.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Murphy has been a little hit miss so the concern is we might try and overplay him
Roy is a solid option
Bjork i dont know enough about to comment
Larrson would have been the get a year and a bit ago but now its too late
Savard is bad lol
Mayfield is an option and one of him/orlov are going to get screwed like Klingberg if the cap only goes up 1 million, so one of those players would be a solid target
Severson will be too exensive

Bringing back Hamonic in a holden type of role would be great, provided he is in that role and isnt getting ice time due to being the favorite

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Savard has been a bright spot on Montreal this year (using the term loosely) and last year he shouldn't be judged too strongly as Montreal was a hot mess.

We have seen it time again that a bad situation makes that type of dman look worse then they are and considering his steady play this year I'm wiling to bet that we can get a lot more out of him than what Montreal has.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Savard has been a bright spot on Montreal this year (using the term loosely) and last year he shouldn't be judged too strongly as Montreal was a hot mess.

We have seen it time again that a bad situation makes that type of dman look worse then they are and considering his steady play this year I'm wiling to bet that we can get a lot more out of him than what Montreal has.
too much term left to be taking that bet imo

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

He’s not a bright spot, he is really bad.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
On the backend Ottawa needs a big strong mobile defender to replace Holden (Kleven someday) & on the right side they need a good two way defender (JBD maybe) for the top 4 & another big strong mobile D for the 3rd pairing to replace Hamonic someday soon.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
On the backend Ottawa needs a big strong mobile defender to replace Holden (Kleven someday) & on the right side they need a good two way defender (JBD maybe) for the top 4 & another big strong mobile D for the 3rd pairing to replace Hamonic someday soon.
Dude. Leave a tooth under your pillow when you go to bed and at night....wait...that's something different.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
FWIW, here is a January 7th simulation/iteration of 22-player 2023-24 roster.

$82,899,880

Based on feedback, several changes were made which have been included in the list below along with assumptions/risks:
  • Revised Pinto salary (reflects a 10.2.c. contract)
  • TBD goalie @ $2,050,000 - I took an average of the goalie free agent salaries below Talbot's current salary with minimum 10 games played, and specifically used the salaries for the #4 to #14 goalies in the link I provided at the bottom of this page
  • Zaitsev has been removed without any cap back
  • Joseph has been removed without any cap back
  • Debrincat signed at $8,350,000 (same as Stutzle contract)
  • An allotment of $6,000,000 for a 2nd pair RD

View attachment 631698

I have hope we can get Debrincat lower than that. Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I'd be using Fiala as a comparable, then Tkachuk as the ceiling, and try to meet in the middle. The focus imo should be using wingers as the comparable contracts.

Also, 6 mil for a RHD gives us lots of leeway, I'm expecting someone sub 5, like Chychrun or Carlo.

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd take as flyer on this guy ; CBJ is up against the Cap as well
Zaitsev 50% retained + Connor Brown 2nd?

He is not exactly what we need (this year) ,, but young player with upside

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

I mean… He’s still got it.

I think Shattenkirk would be ideal. Eats 19 minutes a night, expiring contract, should be a reasonable cost as Klingberg is playing ahead of him. I have not watched him in years however.

Gavrikov would be amazing but his cost will be high and we probably won’t retain him. He has been very good and under rated for years. Imagine this defence;

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Shattenkirk
Gavrikov - Hamonic
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Holden - JBD

• Love
Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think Shattenkirk would be ideal. Eats 19 minutes a night, expiring contract, should be a reasonable cost as Klingberg is playing ahead of him. I have not watched him in years however.

Gavrikov would be amazing but his cost will be high and we probably won’t retain him. He has been very good and under rated for years. Imagine this defence;

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Shattenkirk
Gavrikov - Hamonic
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Holden - JBD

Sens don't have anyone that can run a PP like that.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Shattenkirk
Gavrikov - Hamonic
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Holden - JBD

What I would give to see him in a Sens jersey again. Unreal.

Reactions: Icelevel

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
He’s not a bright spot, he is really bad.
For what it's worth if you read the Habs board he is not nearly as bad this year as last and from what I have watched he still has value, more than Hamonic for example.

I know everyone wants the shiny toy and yes, I would rather Connor Murphy and a couple other guys of that ilk but expectations should be tempered with such thin options and our cap crunch. Realistically we should hope for a steady stay at home and PK presence that is a step or two above Hamonic, that's what Savard in a better situation than MTL is, imo.

You would be remiss to write off his career as a steady stay at home workhorse leader based on 1 to 1.5 bad seasons on a terrible team. Those guys get exposed more than anyone in those situations but put them on a better squad with a partner who shoulders the load and play to their strengths and they bring value.

Everyone hated the Hamonic signing but it is looking adequate now. I think we are too quick to write off this type of defenseman when they are spinning their tires in bad situations. Savard is the guy I think could be just fine here.

A Savard / Hamonic type allows us to go and get a mobile, upside guy like Durzi also and between the two of them you are looking at solving the RD depth and you would have options through the lineup. Maybe not the sexiest but all at less than 5M which frees up a bit for forward depth, goaltending or perhaps a non bridge situation for Sanderson.

I would much rather that than rolling with only Forsberg next year which is the situation that a $5M RD puts us in.

All that said I am also a fan of going after someone like Bjork or Perbix (before he got signed) and taking a flyer on the next Zub type situation. But it comes with risk and you would still need depth on the 3rd pair if it does't pan out.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For what it's worth if you read the Habs board he is not nearly as bad this year as last and from what I have watched he still has value, more than Hamonic for example.

I know everyone wants the shiny toy and yes, I would rather Connor Murphy and a couple other guys of that ilk but expectations should be tempered with such thin options and our cap crunch. Realistically we should hope for a steady stay at home and PK presence that is a step or two above Hamonic, that's what Savard in a better situation than MTL is, imo.

You would be remiss to write off his career as a steady stay at home workhorse leader based on 1 to 1.5 bad seasons on a terrible team. Those guys get exposed more than anyone in those situations but put them on a better squad with a partner who shoulders the load and play to their strengths and they bring value.

Everyone hated the Hamonic signing but it is looking adequate now. I think we are too quick to write off this type of defenseman when they are spinning their tires in bad situations. Savard is the guy I think could be just fine here.

A Savard / Hamonic type allows us to go and get a mobile, upside guy like Durzi also and between the two of them you are looking at solving the RD depth and you would have options through the lineup. Maybe not the sexiest but all at less than 5M which frees up a bit for forward depth, goaltending or perhaps a non bridge situation for Sanderson.

I would much rather that than rolling with only Forsberg next year which is the situation that a $5M RD puts us in.

All that said I am also a fan of going after someone like Bjork or Perbix (before he got signed) and taking a flyer on the next Zub type situation. But it comes with risk and you would still need depth on the 3rd pair if it does't pan out.
I’ve seen enough Habs games to see that Hamonic is a better player without 2 more years at 3.5M.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Remmeber this bird said he’s just a 6/7 tho and if you’re worried about losing demelo you’re worried about the wrong things! Also. “Not better than anything we already have. “

Reactions: Icelevel

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Remmeber this bird said he’s just a 6/7 tho and if you’re worried about losing demelo you’re worried about the wrong things! Also. “Not better than anything we already have. “

I’m not a big Demelo fan and I think he’s a 3rd pairing guy ideally BUT he would be top 4 on our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad