Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Too much or too little?

2nd ‘24
1 of 2 forward prospects: Boucher (10th overall 2021) or Ostapchuk (39th overall 2021)
1 of 2 defence prospects: Thomson (19th overall 2019) or Hamara (3rd round 2022)

For

Fabbro

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I don’t think Fabbro is what we need

We need a big shutdown dman, if you’re gonna go for a smaller dman or someone with offensive upside just go for the big dog in Karlsson

We need someone proven, offensive or defensive, get an established guy to round out the d corp

Reactions: PlayersLtd

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not sure where to post this but

I’m getting the centre ice channels for free atm, all 5 games on
I’m suggesting others try,
is it a free promotion maybe?
Before they offer the mid season pricing numbers.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Yes work for me too. Probably a promotion, I have Hollywood movies for the last month but today they remove them

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We need a #4 defender to play with either Chabot or Sanderson.

Ideally it would be a bruising defender with speed and a mean streak who can play top 4 minutes.

I don’t think we need to make fancy trial trades to fill that spot, nor do I want that roster spot to hinder signing DBC.

As others have posted, our D game isn’t really a glaring problem at the moment, we can afford to be patient and get the proper player.

Reactions: Yak and Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don’t think Fabbro is what we need

Fabbro poses a better option than what we currently have for possibly quite cheap.

We would revisit in the summer if we need something better.

He isn't meant to be a solution(which he actually could turn into) but rather more of an earlier trade deadline deal.

He's an upgrade on JBD at worst, imo.

Reactions: TheNewEra

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Isn't Talbot over 35? Can't be hypothetically sign him for 1 mill cap hit and give him a huge bonus signing like what the bruins did with Bergeron?
This is the part I am very excited about with new owners in general.
We may actually be able to offer signing bonuses to entice players to come here. It’ll at the very least put us in the conversation with UFA and or trades moving forward.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Isn't Talbot over 35? Can't be hypothetically sign him for 1 mill cap hit and give him a huge bonus signing like what the bruins did with Bergeron?
I think you mean performance bonus,
Signing bonus can be anytime after an ELC, don’t have to wait until 35.

They both count against the cap, no matter
what type of bonus.
Performance bonus cap , can be claimed the following year, or at least part of it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Fabbro poses a better option than what we currently have for possibly quite cheap.

We would revisit in the summer if we need something better.

He isn't meant to be a solution(which he actually could turn into) but rather more of an earlier trade deadline deal.

He's an upgrade on JBD at worst, imo.
I’m not sure he’s enough of an upgrade over JBD to spend 3 times the cap.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
That's like trying to trade

A forbidden fruit + a worn out shoe + green tomato + a unicorn for a big juicy steak and a baked potato

Why do people think we can package up a bunch of stuff we don't want / have no use for for something that we need and is useful?
Pretty accurate, thanks for the laugh! 😊

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m not sure he’s enough of an upgrade over JBD to spend 3 times the cap.
Well, we have to replace Hamonic, Holden and Zaitsev next year. We have Zub, Chabot, Sanderson and presumably Brannstrom lacking up the left side and top RHD. So there top 7 spots to fill.

JBD should take one spot. Another spot is for a 7th Dman, so we still need to figure out a top 6 d spot.

If You don't think Fabbro is good enough top play in the top 4, or you think JBD is and would rather use another ELC or bargain deal for the third pair, that's fine. But JBD can only fill one spot, we need more than just him.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Yes, they will offer free promotions at times. I've seen that in the past.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well, we have to replace Hamonic, Holden and Zaitsev next year. We have Zub, Chabot, Sanderson and presumably Brannstrom lacking up the left side and top RHD. So there top 7 spots to fill.

JBD should take one spot. Another spot is for a 7th Dman, so we still need to figure out a top 6 d spot.

If You don't think Fabbro is good enough top play in the top 4, or you think JBD is and would rather use another ELC or bargain deal for the third pair, that's fine. But JBD can only fill one spot, we need more than just him.
It’s a tricky situation. Spending an additional 1.6-2.2M of cap space on a marginal upgrade really kills our cap position assuming we are keeping Debrincat.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Ideally it would be a bruising defender with speed and a mean streak who can play top 4 minutes.
Every team wants this.

The only way to get one is to draft one. Unfortunately Dorion missed in his attempts. JBD and Lassi both look like misfires. They may play in the NHL some day but neither look like difference makers. Hope I am wrong.

Hopefully Kleven emerges as a top 4 guy.

Reactions: Yak and Ice-Tray

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s a tricky situation. Spending an additional 1.6-2.2M of cap space on a marginal upgrade really kills our cap position assuming we are keeping Debrincat.
Key decisions for this offseason:

Talbot
RHD
DeBrincat

We will need to sacrifice on one of these, and likely get rid of Zaitsev and perhaps Joseph to make things work.

Reactions: NB613

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
FWIW, here is a January 7th simulation/iteration of 22-player 2023-24 roster.

$82,899,880

Based on feedback, several changes were made which have been included in the list below along with assumptions/risks:
  • Revised Pinto salary (reflects a 10.2.c. contract)
  • TBD goalie @ $2,050,000 - I took an average of the goalie free agent salaries below Talbot's current salary with minimum 10 games played, and specifically used the salaries for the #4 to #14 goalies in the link I provided at the bottom of this page
  • Zaitsev has been removed without any cap back
  • Joseph has been removed without any cap back
  • Debrincat signed at $8,350,000 (same as Stutzle contract)
  • An allotment of $6,000,000 for a 2nd pair RD

1673110160902.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad