Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am getting a feeling that we sign the Cat during this break.

I am feeling a $8.2M for 8 years type contract.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lol, if I had the answers to that maybe I'd be coach instead of DJ...

Getting Norris back I think will help goals in general because it will get Pinto slotted back where he belongs
Yes indeed. Pinto does not look like a 2nd line C at this point. He appears a bit slow, & lacks the high end puck-handling skills; however, he seems to have a great shot that he gets off fast on one timers.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I am getting a feeling that we sign the Cat during this break.

I am feeling a $8.2M for 8 years type contract.
Same, but I think he signs a 5 year extension. That would give him 6 more seasons in Ottawa and allow him to become a UFA at age 31, still time for one more big contract.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Thomas and Kyrou? They didn't have a similar contract status to Pinto when they signed those deals. They were eligible for offer sheets. Pinto will not be eligible for offer sheets this summer because he hasn't accrued enough professional seasons. That gives the Senators far more leverage in negotiations.

Assen na yo!
The year Pinto was injured probably knocked off one year because he only played 5 games versus 10. So, he's a 10.2.c and believe he has a one year slide. I think an ELC needs 3 years & 80 games to move to a RFA contract.

I'm guessing a one-year deal is likely between $1.2 to $1.7 m, but that's a guess.

It's probably the timing & amount of his RFA contract that is the important issue. Teams are locking up players earlier now during the RFA stage versus waiting until UFA. Senators have been giving the large & long term contracts to their good, core using this strategy.

Has anybody found a website that lists 10.2.c contracts?

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I think we were rumored to be in on Gavrikov, he's a left-shot but looked big and strong out there last game I thought.

Reactions: DrEasy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Ekholm is apparently available according to Servelli

Would be an amazing partner for Sanderson.
Would be a nice player to get for sure. And, we could probably work his contract in if we were to get rid of Zaitsev.

But, the cost in terms of assets to get Ekholm plus get rid of Zaitsev would have to be very high. It would be a big, bold move for sure.

Even hearing rumours about Dorion trying to land a defender and get rid of Zaitsev creates some anxiety I suppose.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Would be a nice player to get for sure. And, we could probably work his contract in if we were to get rid of Zaitsev.

But, the cost in terms of assets to get Ekholm plus get rid of Zaitsev would have to be very high. It would be a big, bold move for sure.

Even hearing rumours about Dorion trying to land a defender and get rid of Zaitsev creates some anxiety I suppose.
He is listed as left shot. Can he play RD? Has he?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ekholm is apparently available according to Servelli

Would be an amazing partner for Sanderson.

Chabot is the guy who needs a Ekholm, unless they want to keep Chabot with Zub

IMO, if we'd be getting Ekholm :

Chabot - Ekholm
Sanderson - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Zub

PP for Brannstrom, Chabot and Sanderson
PK for Ekholm, Zub, Sanderson and Hamonic

The average game TOI distribution would look :

Chabot 24-25 mins
Ekholm 21-22 mins
Sanderson 21-22 mins
Zub 20-21 mins
Hamonic 15-16 mins
Brannstrom 15-16 mins

Yes he can and has done it in the past. Don't know how much and what efficiency % as LD though

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So is Gavrikov (a LD).. I didn't mention it. Just trying to be more light & positive. Maybe it's a New Year's resolution.

To answer your question though, & FWIW, I see Ekholm listed as a LD on most websites. I think I saw him listed on the right side once though.

It was the cost to land a player like that is what I thought of. That's a pretty obvious thought though of course.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
The year Pinto was injured probably knocked off one year because he only played 5 games versus 10. So, he's a 10.2.c and believe he has a one year slide. I think an ELC needs 3 years & 80 games to move to a RFA contract.

Has anybody found a website that lists 10.2.c contracts?

No, it was the first year of his contract, in which he showed up after the NCAA season ended, that doesn't count as a year of professional experience.

Sanderson will be in the same position when his entry deal ends.

CapFriendly lists 10.2.c contracts.

Assen na yo!

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
No, it was the first year of his contract, in which he showed up after the NCAA season ended, that doesn't count as a year of professional experience.

Sanderson will be in the same position when his entry deal ends.

CapFriendly lists 10.2.c contracts.

Assen na yo!
Actually, I was looking for the salary info for 10.2.c contracts. I know it's not what I typed. My bad.

In CapFriendly they mention three years of pro experience and 80 total games played.

But, they also state: "If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year."

It took some digging, but I did eventually find an explanation below. It seems like what's described below is the reason why.

I see that in the *** "Pro-Seasons (GP sum of all leagues)" section, CF is not even listing 2021-22 which is the season he only played 5 games.

Shane Pinto is arbitration ineligible. With a first contract signing age of 20, 4 professional seasons are required for arbitration eligibility. At the current time, 2 professional seasons have been earned. A detailed breakdown of the completed professional seasons are displayed below.

Details​

First Contract Signing Age: 20
Pro-Seasons Required: 4
Pro-Seasons Completed: 2

Pro-Seasons Details​

*** Pro-Seasons (GP sum of all leagues)
  1. 2020-21: 12 GP
  2. 2022-23: 38 GP

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So is Gavrikov (a LD).. I didn't mention it. Just trying to be more light & positive. Maybe it's a New Year's resolution.

To answer your question though, & FWIW, I see Ekholm listed as a LD on most websites. I think I saw him listed on the right side once though.

It was the cost to land a player like that is what I thought of. That's a pretty obvious thought though of course.
As an update, I noticed that Pred fans on main board were saying that they tried Ekholm on the right side for a bit early this year, but switched him back to LD. I guess it didn't work out well. Seemed like there was different theories on why, but he's played as LD basically throughout his career. Don't shoot the messenger - just relaying info.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Ekholm would be terrific.

He's played RD in the past.

If I am yall, I'd keep a close eye on Justin Faulk and Dante Fabbro.
Yikes on Faulk defensively but looms awesome offensively. Might be nice to have another offensively gifted D. But contract is AWFUL (6.5M for another 4.5 seasoned). Blues would have to retain.

1672872949575.png

Fabbro has decent analytics and seems alot “quieter” than Faulk. Might be less expensive to acquire.
1672873007643.png

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ekholm would be terrific.

He's played RD in the past.

If I am yall, I'd keep a close eye on Justin Faulk and Dante Fabbro.

Ekholm and Faulk are probably too expensive, unless DeBrincat is not re-signing.

Fabbro is interesting though. Was healthy scratched Tuesday.

Could be a nice guy to pair with Chabot. He is basically a better JBD.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd love to get Fabbro. The Preds are stuck in no mans land because their core is signed long term and just not good enough to go deep.

Fabbro is a 24 year old RD not being used properly in Nashville, not sure what pieces we have that the Preds would want but if we can offload some existing prospects and draft picks that aren't in the first round, I hope Dorion goes for him

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Should we look into grabbing Alex nylander from Pitts?
They’re not using him and I’m guessing there could be more there.
You know, as a third liner. Imagine the price would be very low.
Unless they’re trying to develop him in the ahl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad