Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
So does desperate/urgency and playing badder just convert rebounds or does it result in us getting more sticks on pucks and produce more rebounds? It seems we are playing with enough urgency to get on those rebounds and put them on net, but your suggesting more urgency would finish more of them, so why do teams finishing lots of rebounds not have increase rebound chances too due to displaying more urgency than us?

Idk, attributing our issues to more intangible factors like truculence seems reductive to me. Not that saying attributing it to bad luck or they just have the yips and are gripping their sticks to tight is any better.
Fair point I guess. What would you suggest we do to score more on rebounds and more dirty goals in general?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So…is everyone just lying. Dorion isn’t looking for a dman? Or are you suggesting that Dorion is actually going to trade one of our bigger contracts straight up for one.
I am saying media need clicks. When looking at this objectively at all you can see it simply doesnt make sense there isnt money. Unless they dont plan on extending Debrincat which they already paid assets to get. This teams record when they have all three of Chabot, Zub and Sanderson in the lineup is at a playoff level. The last top 4 D man is going to have to come internally. Dont mind Hamonic or JBD elevated they arent ideal but they arent terrible when paired with a top pairing level d man.

I mean, if we aren't looking for a Dman what does that actually mean, both Holden and Hamonic's contracts are up so is Brannstrom and JBD. The later two are RFA so likely re-signed, do we play both JBD and Thomson if Zaitsev is moved?

I don't see any way we don't add a RHD for next year if we move on from Zaitsev and Hamonic. That might mean moving on from somebody else though, DeBrincat is one option that gets thrown around but maybe we don't bring back Talbot or we move Forsberg. Alternatively maybe we move Joseph.
They still need to dump Talbot to afford what they already have and replace him for a goalie making 1.5 or less.

I hope that Hamonic signs for 1.5 million next year and then they elevate JBD to full time while keeping Brannstrom around and finding a team to take Zaitsev after his bonus is paid.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Fair point I guess. What would you suggest we do to score more on rebounds and more dirty goals in general?
Generate more rebounds and dirty opportunities. I'm not sure if there is a rebounds generated Stat but from watching the games I feel like we do not generate a lot of rebounds.

My perception might be skewed because of how many times that top line and Pinto bring that puck to the middle of the ice and do something stupid with it instead of shooting.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The offence was upgraded this summer with the additions of Debrincat and Giroux; however we lost talented players in Formenton, C. Brown and Paul. Once Norris and Joseph return from injury, the top 3 lines will improve. We miss Formenton too.

Defence is the priority area where we need to improve. Many posters have suggested that. In particular a top pair or top 2nd pair RD. That would help reduce the GA and, depending on the D we get, improve the offence too.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Generate more rebounds and dirty opportunities. I'm not sure if there is a rebounds generated Stat but from watching the games I feel like we do not generate a lot of rebounds.

My perception might be skewed because of how many times that top line and Pinto bring that puck to the middle of the ice and do something stupid with it instead of shooting.
There is and we get a lot of shots off rebounds, we have the 8th most at 5v5 according to moneypuck NHL Team Stats

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That is surprising to me. I honestly thought we lacked at generating 2nd chances, good to know.
My perception is that we haven't been as successful at it recently, but I might be wrong. I'm also not entirely sure what they qualitas a rebound chance, my guess is a shot within a certain timeframe from a save but idk.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
4D chess time

We claim Vrana, then flip him to Vegas for Miromanov+a pick.

(Hague or Whitecloud would be preferred but I don't think Vegas trades them).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
4D chess time

We claim Vrana, then flip him to Vegas for Miromanov+a pick.

(Hague or Whitecloud would be preferred but I don't think Vegas trades them).

Vrana will probably clear. There's likely some stuff going on behind the scenes with him that will scare teams away.

Also if Vegas is adding a 5M+ forward it'll probably mean Martinez, Whitecloud or Hague traded, not the guy making under 1M next year.

If none of Vegas' current D are moved and Miromanov is set to be the 7th D next year, maybe a swap for Formenton could work for both sides.

Given the Sens couldn't even get a 2nd for him from Vegas and other teams reportedly interested, may need an add on the Sens side to make it happen.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Vrana will probably clear. There's likely some stuff going on behind the scenes with him that will scare teams away.

Also if Vegas is adding a 5M+ forward it'll probably mean Martinez, Whitecloud or Hague traded, not the guy making under 1M next year.

If none of Vegas' current D are moved and Miromanov is set to be the 7th D next year, maybe a swap for Formenton could work for both sides.

Given the Sens couldn't even get a 2nd for him from Vegas and other teams reportedly interested, may need an add on the Sens side to make it happen.
I'd easily do Formenton for Miromanov, but Forms likely isnt going to play for any NHL team unless the allegations get solved(IF they even do in the first place).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If they plan on playing Holden and Brannstrom ahead of him it makes sense, get him icetime in Belleville over sitting in the press box. I'm not thrilled that we're playing Holden over him but I don't think it's too big of a deal.
I have no problem if they see him as a 7 .. and although I like him .. given where they are right now .. I can appreciate the decision.

I dunno, if they manage to dump Zaitsev then I can see them adding another D fore sure. Or at least the dollars will be there if they find a deal that works for them.
I think they'd like to I think they have a tough time moving him. They have to get someone willing to take him 1st of all. What's the price to the org to do it may or may not fly.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd easily do Formenton for Miromanov, but Forms likely isnt going to play for any NHL team unless the allegations get solved(IF they even do in the first place).

At some point the investigation will need to come to a conclusion. Won't just continue indefinitely.

If no charges are brought Formenton should be back in the NHL next season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you look at post #1217, we are about $250 k away from the $83.5 m cap ceiling with Debrincat & Talbot (or equivalent goalie) included. 8 players were sub $900k: #7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 18, 21 & 22. That was all of the 3rd & 4th line except for Pinto and the bottom pair D & 7D.

Maybe you could show us how you'd accommodate a $6.75 m defenseman next year (like McDonagh) by posting a 22-player 2023-24 roster with Debrincat & Talbot (or equivalent) in it? Perhaps you have some innovative ideas that others haven't though of.

Also, if you are talking about CALLE JÄRNKROK who currently plays for the Maple Leafs, his AAV is $2.1 m and he's signed with a M-NTC through to the end of 2025-26 season. Jarnkrok alone would be more expensive than the entire bottom pair in post #1271.
One would be to pay Pinto and Talbot (or his replacement) less; or trade Forsberg.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lmmmmmaaaaoooo yeoo I remember pre-season avid Detroit fans claiming Vrana 50 goal man for em and on same wave as Norris, loooooooool.

On real note though, is he battling substance abuse or something?

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
One would be to pay Pinto and Talbot (or his replacement) less; or trade Forsberg.
I based Pinto on a couple of good, St. Louis players with similar contract status. They both were paid a $2.8 m X 2 year bridge 2 years ago. $3 m for the same term, 2 years later in a higher tax jurisdiction seemed pretty reasonable.

If whomever the GM is could get Talbot to sign for less than he is currently ($3,666,667) making, that would be great. I saw a post in here recently with a list of free agent goalies next year. It wasn't a long list, and it wasn't that impressive. It didn't seem like he was overpaid particularly when using games played and save percentage metrics.

Jarry caught my eye as he is a good goalie. But I doubt if he's leaving Pittsburgh, and he's getting paid more than Talbot currently. The only other names I can remember were Jones, Korpisalo, & Reimer. They were cheaper than Talbot for sure. But, whether they were better, I don't know. I was a little skeptical, again on the basis of games played & save percentage, but goalies are voodoo. Jones save percentage is pretty low from what I recall. But, if the goal is to just save money on a goalie, then that's an option.

Savings from these 2 suggestions might/could be enough to squeeze in Jarnkrok at his current $2.1 m salary versus the sub $900 k I had in my spreadsheet. It wouldn't come close to creating enough room for a McDonagh type defender though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I based Pinto on a couple of good, St. Louis players with similar contract status. They both were paid a $2.8 m X 2 year bridge 2 years ago. $3 m for the same term, 2 years later in a higher tax jurisdiction seemed pretty reasonable.

Thomas and Kyrou? They didn't have a similar contract status to Pinto when they signed those deals. They were eligible for offer sheets. Pinto will not be eligible for offer sheets this summer because he hasn't accrued enough professional seasons. That gives the Senators far more leverage in negotiations.

Assen na yo!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
giving talbot multi year deal is smart to drive down his cap hit
I think you are assuming that he will take less per year if he signs for a longer term; however, at his age, there is no certainty that he can continue to play well for a longer period. It might not be "smart" to give him a term longer than a year or two, or three.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
With a roster cap of $83.4M, and a roster size of 23 players, the average salary per player would be $3.61M. For 2 goaltenders that would be $7.22M. Talbot earns $3.666 and Forsberg $2.75 for total of $6.416M. That seems about the right amount to pay for goaltenders. I would rather spend any remaining salary budget/cap hit on a top pair RD and go with JBD, Brannstrom &/or Lassi Thomson on the 3rd pair. I doubt we can retain Hamonic at $1M -$1.5M for the next few years on the 3rd pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad