Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Again the situations are quite different. DeBrincat was 24 with several prime years ahead of him. Karlsson was 28 with one year of a good contract.

Do you consider Karlsson a "good" trading chip with 4 more years of 11.5aav ? That's your phrase - "good" trading chip

Piss off with damage control technique. You initially responded to my post about Karlsson really having no value. If you want to debate that, fine. He's got 11.5 AAV for 4 more years. Feel free to articulate your thoughts on possible returns for him. But don't equate our initially moving him 4 years ago or Chicago moving DeBrincat because neither of those situations is at all similar to the situation SJ is in with Karlsson's contract
I'm not going to go back & forth on this. Most people are talking about SJS retaining so a different context than $11.5 m. I have already mentioned that the Sharks like most teams would seek more than just cap/$ savings. You have a different view & that's fine.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm not going to go back & forth on this. Most people are talking about SJS retaining so a different context than $11.5 m. I have already mentioned that the Sharks like most teams would seek more than just cap/$ savings. You have a different view & that's fine.
Lol, taking the high road eh? I didn't mention SJS retaining and you quoted me.

Your initial post in response to me was ridiculous and then you doubled down by noting my response as "damage control"

This is quite simple. We traded Karlsson in 2018 and he had value. A fair bit of value and we did well in that trade.

You mentioned DeBrincat. He also had value. I'm surprised the Hawks moved him as cheaply as they did.

That brings us to 2022 11.5aav Karlsson who you referenced as a good trading chip. Imo, and just my opinion, at this point Karlsson with that contract is a cap dump.

If you want to debate that, that's what we're here for isn't it? But you choose not to do that, you choose to divert and deflect.

Have a nice day

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I didn't mention SJS retaining ...

Have a nice day
Yes, I inserted retaining because that's more reflective of reality. It also happens to be what the discussion has been in here from other posters.

You have a nice day as well. Season's greetings.

/

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Looks like RW is still an area of weakness
We don't know the future but why couldn't Giroux sign for another year or two after this contract. I imagine he could still be a valuable mid 6 winger with upsides like taking face offs, leadership and if not on first pp at least on the second pp unit still.

He wants to stay in Ottawa so if the team looks like contenders maybe he would sign a one year deal with home town discount even..

Reactions: bert

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Dorion over Jarmo. Gross. Alfie won't see it like that thank God.

I just took a look through Jarmo’s last few years of work on Capfriendly and was thoroughly unimpressed.

I think even with new ownership Dorion gets a chance to show the group he has a vision, he has a plan and has executed most of the steps.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I just took a look through Jarmo’s last few years of work on Capfriendly and was thoroughly unimpressed.

I think even with new ownership Dorion gets a chance to show the group he has a vision, he has a plan and has executed most of the steps.
Dorion needs to go. A fresh set of eyes needs to take an unbiased look at where we are and take the next steps.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Dorion has always needed oversight and help.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

The franchise needs a complete renewal. No way Dorion survives new ownership. They want to reinvent the Senators and you can’t have Dorion who has so much baggage with this team involved in the renewal - new ownership is a new vision and Dorion’s vision for this team has the Sens ship 3 feet below the water line with him and DJ saying every 2 weeks “the next 2 weeks will dictate if we sink or swin” and today the Ottawasun ran another article saying this is the week for them to get it going, same thing they’ve been saying since game 1 of the season

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Dorion needs to go. A fresh set of eyes needs to take an unbiased look at where we are and take the next steps.
We may find that we end up with both.

A new POHO may arrive, have a look at the organization and like how the vision is unfolding and choose to keep the architect for a while longer. They may want to add some pro and amateur scouts which would be nice ;)

Who knows. Obviously I like how the team has progressed through the rebuild and love the core. I think this years work has been remarkable in terms of adds and contracts, and the team is looking good moving forward. We still have runway to be playing meaningful games in March, so the organizational expectations are still achievable for the season despite injuries.

All in all, we may not see a clean sweep of the house depending on what a POHO sees. I seriously doubt that hockey execs get bogged down on minor trades and fringe players that don’t work out during a rebuild, since every team makes this shots in the dark.

I’m interested and excited to see how it all shakes out.

• Haha
Reactions: Mars and Loach

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We may find that we end up with both.

A new POHO may arrive, have a look at the organization and like how the vision is unfolding and choose to keep the architect for a while longer. They may want to add some pro and amateur scouts which would be nice ;)

Who knows. Obviously I like how the team has progressed through the rebuild and love the core. I think this years work has been remarkable in terms of adds and contracts, and the team is looking good moving forward. We still have runway to be playing meaningful games in March, so the organizational expectations are still achievable for the season despite injuries.

All in all, we may not see a clean sweep of the house depending on what a POHO sees. I seriously doubt that hockey execs get bogged down on minor trades and fringe players that don’t work out during a rebuild, since every team makes this shots in the dark.

I’m interested and excited to see how it all shakes out.

This idea that Dorion or DJ Smith has a unique vision or expertise that can’t be found (very easily) elsewhere is non-sense, if you just bought a franchise and the GM had taken swipes at the fans for previous ownership shortcomings he’s gone. You don’t want a lackey who’s carried water for a despised owner in the drivers seat of your franchise which is greeting a complete overhaul.

Dorion will not survive new ownership - Ryan Reynolds has sold more tickets this year to the Sens then Dorion and DJ combined

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Jarmo has been dealt a pretty shit hand and done well with it for the most part. Zero Chance Dorion is around if Alfie is involved. I dont see why on any level he would be kept either, with or without Alfie. He has no ability to evaluate pro talent. He has hired the coachs too.

Reactions: Loach

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The situations are quite different though. When we traded Karlsson he was 4 years younger than he currently is and he had one year left on a very good contract. Now he has 4 years left on a bad contract. He's putting up numbers this year but he's doing that on a lottery team and likely without much structure to team play. What value does he have to a contender at an 11.5 AAV?

I don't think that's the case at all. That's why guys have contract years.
Think about the absolute trash hockey we would see if people lost all motivation once getting paid.

The whole contract year thing is overblow IMO. Their production remains perfectly fine afterwards. Most of the time.

Jarmo has been dealt a pretty shit hand and done well with it for the most part. Zero Chance Dorion is around if Alfie is involved. I dont see why on any level he would be kept either, with or without Alfie. He has no ability to evaluate pro talent. He has hired the coachs too.
I wonder what the deal is with Alfie and dorion. Cuz I’ve heard something similar. If Dorion is there Alfie won’t be

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Jarmo has been dealt a shitty hand and done well?

He completely botched dealing Panarin and Bob, Laine hasn’t been a great trade either. Gaudreau and Gudbranson aren’t the types of deals I’d like to see our team make either.

Dorion has been working his whole time as GM prematurely thrust into the job when Murray fell I’ll and then working under a notorious micromanaging, penny pinching, and apparently tyrannical owner right up until this off season and season, during which he has added significant talent and signed all of the young core players to long term deals.

I don’t want to get bogged down in opinions on moves since I already know that we disagree on the levels of importance, but there is no way that Jarmo has been dealt even close to as shitty a hand. I also don’t belief that Columbusnis any less desirable to players than Ottawa has been.

A big no thank you.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Claude Giroux RW has a contract for another 2 yrs & should be somewhere in the top 9 in 2 yrs, but the yr after (2025-26) he's gone I think the 2nd line centre spot could be between Boucher, Petersson & Sokolov internally. DeBrincat is also a right shot & can play RW but then they would have to move someone to LW to replace him. Pinto could end up being the 2nd line centre with Stutzle on LW & DeBrincat on RW. They should have several options to fill out their top six & they could draft another RW this coming draft, I like Mathew Wood RW in 2023.

1. Drake Batherson RW
2. Tyler Boucher RW
3. Oscar Petersson RW (Mathieu Joseph RW)
4. Egor Sokolov RW
5. Carson Lattimer RW
6. Cameron O'Neill RW
This is bad.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’ll cut Dorion some slack on the coaches. Melnyk was never willing to pay even close to market value for coaches, scouts, etc. Regardless a new regime is overdue.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Which is why I don’t get the “we don’t need debrincat we have to trade him “ arguments. Were not THAT stacked upfront that we can go trading ppg, good defensively, players.
Which big/medium contract do you move to bring in another D and add depth ?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Which big/medium contract do you move to bring in another D and add depth ?
If the deal ain’t palatable to me I don’t make it. “Debrincat for this depth guy and/or this deec second pairing guy” is not palatable.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dorion is trying to swing for a Defensemen, because if he doesn’t and the Sens don’t make playoffs, he’s gone.

Probably gone regardless, but there’s no way a new ownership goes. Ah 6 years without playoffs, good job.

Alfie will be POHO, and will hire someone he already has report with to be GM. (Jarmo perhaps if he leaves or is fired from CBJ)

Sens need to give Mann a chance before searching for a DJ replacement IMO.

There aren’t a ton of options out there with a great resume anyways, so might as well see what we have in the organization, as he has done almost absolutely he can at the AHL level.
why is Mann so highly regarded here?

rather have a experienced coach

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why is there zero chance Dorion would be GM if Alfredsson is involved?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Zaitsev is the obvious one this summer then Joseph the next.... We need to stop overpaying for depth players
Zaitsev gone is already factored in. The kind of depth people are calling for in this thread are guys like Nick Paul and Connor Brown. That’s going to cost 7M+.

Bad blood from Alfie’s stint in Hockey Ops. Dorion did to Alfie the same thing he did to McGuire.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
DIdn't Alfie have a faling out with management?
Zaitsev gone is already factored in. The kind of depth people are calling for in this thread are guys like Nick Paul and Connor Brown. That’s going to cost 7M+.

Bad blood from Alfie’s stint in Hockey Ops. Dorion did to Alfie the same thing he did to McGuire.
With Z gone we can sign DBC to 8mill and add a 5mill defensemen. Then get rid of Joseph next year

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I did not see anything in the media on that. Did you see anything or get it from Alfie?

why is Mann so highly regarded here?

rather have a experienced coach
I think we need an experienced NHL coach who has had some success.

Reactions: NB613 and bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad