Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I wonder if St. Louis would entertain talks for Barbashev.

Would be worth it if the price was right. Good rental option.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Alfredsson imo will almost surely be part of the new ownership/management and he will see that there is a massive hole at RD. His son and one the greatest RDs of all time just so happens to have never wanted to leave Ottawa and is pining to win a cup there. His GM badly wants futures and Ottawa has a bunch of futures, Karlsson can pick his team as well. The new ownership also wants to sell tickets and short of McDavid there is probably no other player who could generate more buzz for the Senators than him. They also want to badly make the playoffs and Karlsson is doing stuff like this

I am almost certain this trade happens.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It we have to move on from Debrincat there will be a team that missed the playoffs that we could target. I’m thinking a pick in the 11-16 range would provide equal value to the 7OA we gave up to get him. This years draft is far superior to last year.

Who wants to give up such a high pick to give someone a long term deal at $8 million +. Might as well go to Free Agency or take a salary dump from a team at no trade cost.

It’ll be extremely difficult to recoup what was traded for Debrincat. Think Mark Stone type of return, a first round pick who’s team already has lowered expectations on (like a Lassi Thomson)

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who wants to give up such a high pick to give someone a long term deal at $8 million +. Might as well go to Free Agency or take a salary dump from a team at no trade cost.

It’ll be extremely difficult to recoup what was traded for Debrincat. Think Mark Stone type of return, a first round pick who’s team already has lowered expectations on (like a Lassi Thomson)
There are teams in win now mode who will miss the playoffs by a hair and the pressure will be huge to make a move. If Calgary, St Louis miss the playoffs they would be targets. There might be an opportunity with a team looking to take the next step like Detroit. I’m not concerned.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
There are teams in win now mode who will miss the playoffs by a hair and the pressure will be huge to make a move. If Calgary, St Louis miss the playoffs they would be targets. There might be an opportunity with a team looking to take the next step like Detroit. I’m not concerned.

You think Detroit is going to trade their lottery pick at about 10-14 overall for Debrincat and then give him $70 million. Don’t see that happening

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Alfredsson imo will almost surely be part of the new ownership/management and he will see that there is a massive hole at RD. His son and one the greatest RDs of all time just so happens to have never wanted to leave Ottawa and is pining to win a cup there. His GM badly wants futures and Ottawa has a bunch of futures, Karlsson can pick his team as well. The new ownership also wants to sell tickets and short of McDavid there is probably no other player who could generate more buzz for the Senators than him. They also want to badly make the playoffs and Karlsson is doing stuff like this

The senators have to earn a trade at this point.

Everyone ahead of them but Buffalo and NY have tough match ups tonight.

If the senators beat the wings today, the standings could look very different.

Adding stutzle, Norris and Karlsson to this team would make the playoffs look more likely.

Reactions: bicboi64

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I'd see if we can send Zaitsev to Washington (Russian connection) with a small sweetener and get back Jensen.
Not sure why the Capitals would be motivated to do this unless the thinking is that they want to do a full out rebuild. The thing about Washington is that they have had a lot of injuries like Backstrom, Keumper & Wilson. They are an older team, but I think their results this year could be better if they were healthier.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Jensen is a classic guy that average fans watch and are like hmm that looks like a good defensive defenseman. But the NHL GMs don’t necessarily seem to cover all that much
Did you mean "covet"? I'm not sure how posters know what GMs think.

Reactions: aragorn

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
You think I meant currency exchange rates or tax rates?

The point is .. its TDL 2022 .. Where is Paul? in Ottawa. Tampa is not even in the picture until he is traded there. Tampa's offer does not exist at that point. Ottawa gives him a deal he excepts... there is no Florida for Paul. The team's final offer was 4x2.5 .. reports at the time said he would have accepted 4x3.. which is effectively what Joseph ended up signing for. Would you like me to say all in USD? Even if the Sens went 4x3.5 it would have been good value. The 4x2.5 was a pretty lowball final offer.

Having Paul in the bottom 6 and on the PK this season over Joseph would be a big boost.

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016

Word.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We need to keep Talbot, we are witnessing first hand how important he is to our squad.

Big no to EK. There is no way we can fit him in without getting rid of younger core players thy we need to keep.

Reactions: aragorn and NB613

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
We really get bailed out by the clauses haha

Even without knowing what we offered up this deal wouldnt improve our defense much if any, our long term cap would have been screwed. Anything more than zaitsev, holden and a 4th would be too much

This actually terrifies me... If we botch the trade instead of waiting for the right deal and end up not being able to keep the forward core together I'll be really sad.

Reactions: TheNewEra

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ya both Jones and Karlsson would have to come with major retention

which is probably why they haven't been traded

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We really get bailed out by the clauses haha

Even without knowing what we offered up this deal wouldnt improve our defense much if any, our long term cap would have been screwed. Anything more than zaitsev, holden and a 4th would be too much
Seth Jones is still good. And if they retained quite a bit. Would be a GARGANTUAN improvement on Zaitsev and Hamonic

Reactions: aragorn

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Seth Jones is still good. And if they retained quite a bit. Would be a GARGANTUAN improvement on Zaitsev and Hamonic
I think it would be overkill unless you get him at 5mill or less which seems impossible and why convos probably got no where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad