Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Analytically he's pretty much the worst defenseman in the NHL. And he has two more years on his ticket.

It is a no-brainer in the sense that you'd have to be f***ing brain dead to take him.

Analytically the guy plays with JJ Moser, Juuso Valimaki and Shayne Gostisbehere...

Not exactly shining beacons of defensive capabilities.

I think this tells us that the sens absolutely have the roster locked until the sale of the team is completed.

I absolutely agree, I don't think we will see another $$ in move until the sale is finalized.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think this tells us that the sens absolutely have the roster locked until the sale of the team is completed.
The sale of the Ottawa Senators was discussed today I think at the NHL Board of Governors meeting (it was either today or tomorrow). I wonder if anything will get shared to the public from that meeting?

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
At least the budget could be locked . Money in .. Money out where Money out > or = to Money in could happen

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The sale of the Ottawa Senators was discussed today I think at the NHL Board of Governors meeting (it was either today or tomorrow). I wonder if anything will get shared to the public from that meeting?
Renaud Lavoie he s here. He said tomorrow would be the day they talk about the sale. Also said Andlauer have team up with Desmarais. Desmarais would be minority owner

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
20 minutes out do we have an update on DBC and Talbot?

edit: NVM just saw the TSN1200 update, both are in! However Gambrell is scratched I guess? wtf bro goes from filling in on the 2nd line to out of the lineup in favour of Chartier.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Renaud Lavoie he s here. He said tomorrow would be the day they talk about the sale. Also said Andlauer have team up with Desmarais. Desmarais would be minority owner
The rumour in English media is that Desmarais is buying Andlauer's stake in the Habs.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

The other day they talked about Andlauer was trying to sell his 20% stake in the Habs to Demarais.
Good idea from his end. Gets him out of his current NHL holding (and something Demarais may actually want) while also removing a major competitor for the team.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The other day they talked about Andlauer was trying to sell his 20% stake in the Habs to Demarais.
Good idea from his end. Gets him out of his current NHL holding (and something Demarais may actually want) while also removing a major competitor for the team.
I m gonna listen tomorrow. He said he will update the day about the sale

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I was thinking he would make a good 3rd pairing RD at some future point. He plays in all situations for the 67s & is considered one of their better players. Not sure he is worth Formenton either, but Formenton has lost a lot of value over the past yr. There are a few others we could trade instead.
He just made the Canada World Junior Team. Must be VG!

Reactions: aragorn

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hmmm, just saw that Holden is from the Edmonton area. Wonder if him and a late pick would be enough for Puljujarvi

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I thought I heard Bruce or Friedman say if Andluer gets the sens, he would sell his minority ownership of the Candiens to Desmarais.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If Stützle is out for an extended period, I wonder what it would take to get Max Domi out of Chicago. He can put up some points and is capable of playing more of a support role as well (fit in nicely for Carolina last season).

He went for next to nothing last year.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Puljujarvi is like Chris Tierney, only Tierney has more goals this season in 25 fewer games.
Puljujarvi would be an upgrade on our current bottom 6 wing options. If it only costs a defender like Holden who isn't in our long term plans, its a low risk move that can make us better

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
At least the budget could be locked . Money in .. Money out where Money out > or = to Money in could happen
Length of contract for any player being added might also be a consideration. New owners might not want to hamstrung by decisions made by a previous group that will no longer be on board once the new owner takes over.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Many people are saying that Pinto for Schenn is the deal to make.

I haven't seen this proposal once on Cap Friendly

I'd take Schenn over Hamonic/Zaitsev but obviously not for Pinto

The one we constantly see is Myers for Zaitsev, some even suggest Ottawa should add a 2nd round pick lol

I wouldn't even do Myers for Zaitsev straight up. The only way I'd do it is if they retain at least 1.5 AAV and add a pick

But even then, we should just buyout Zaitsev instead

I don't know which is worse, this below or the eye test....

EwavGZwXEAAmo96

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Of course there are other appealing assets like 7OA but the prospect cupboard is pretty bare right now. Outside of Greig we have B prospects which is an indictment of Dorion and the scouting staff.

We still have good remains of the pre 2021 drafts

Sogaard is a high level goalie prospect, Jarventie is boom or bust but has clear top-6 potential
Thomson is quite good offensively and JBD is quite good defensively
Sokolov has good AHL numbers but his NHL future is still unknown
Crookshank would be a good bottom-6 forward if he didn't get injured last season
Tyler Kleven is very intriguing

These guys are good prospects. Guenette, Lodin and Daoust are also pretty decent prospects but too many injuries it seems

So now that Sanderson and Pinto are graduating, forget any top-10 or even top-15 pool talk since our 2021 and 2022 drafts are nothing to write home about.

Ostapchuk might turn into a very good prospect too but from 2021, not much to get excited about. For 2022 we'll see but we only started drafting late in the 2nd round so it's far from guarantee that we'll get a significant player out of this

I was thinking he would make a good 3rd pairing RD at some future point. He plays in all situations for the 67s & is considered one of their better players. Not sure he is worth Formenton either, but Formenton has lost a lot of value over the past yr. There are a few others we could trade instead.

Could be semantics but Formenton didn't lose value, it's just that his situation is pending and his career is on pause. If his name gets cleared, he regains all his value. For now it's like as if he doesn't exist. Sens would need him like crazy but didn't sign him, nobody traded for him.

Iread that Dorion actually offered him for a 2nd round pick before the Dec 1st signing deadline? Damn, we dodged a bullet here, Dorion just can't be stopped

I'd much rather see what happens in his case than look back at this and say "Formenton got traded for a 2nd"

He's just joking.

Of course but what seems to be a joke here might not be in the "real world" lol

If you only knew the proposals I have seen on CF, it's actually quite funny

I don't look at Twitter so maybe it's something he has seen for REAL over there. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me at all

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I haven't seen this proposal once on Cap Friendly

I'd take Schenn over Hamonic/Zaitsev but obviously not for Pinto

The one we constantly see is Myers for Zaitsev, some even suggest Ottawa should add a 2nd round pick lol

I wouldn't even do Myers for Zaitsev straight up. The only way I'd do it is if they retain at least 1.5 AAV and add a pick

But even then, we should just buyout Zaitsev instead

I don't know which is worse, this below or the eye test....

EwavGZwXEAAmo96
So you would replace Hamonic in our top 4 by a bottom pairing D on a much worse defensive team. If Schenn had to be overslotted like Hamonic I think the results would be disastrous.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
So you would replace Hamonic in our top 4 by a bottom pairing D on a much worse defensive team. If Schenn had to be overslotted like Hamonic I think the results would be disastrous.

Rather not get Schenn but at least he is somewhat mean.

Hamonic is the worst kind of defensive d. soft, losing a step, and bad defensively.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad