Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
and why are you talking about Sanderson?

Someone mentioned him as the possible return for Parayko.

Go watch Carolina’s 3rd period goals from last night. They’re all Parayko’s fault. I rewound tape multiple times watching it live.

He’s slow. His lateral agility is gone. He’s out of position a lot. He’s no where as physical along the boards like he used to be. He can’t lift a stick because presumably it’s hard on his back. He can’t win a stick battle because if he’s applying pressure and his stick is lifted presumably it hurts his back.

He made a great play saving a Michigan goal but that was his man. He was supposed to close in behind the net but he’s old, slow and looked confused. So he just gave SVECHNIKOV time AND space.

That’s a 6.5 million dollar deep sea boat anchor.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Someone mentioned him as the possible return for Parayko.

Go watch Carolina’s 3rd period goals from last night. They’re all Parayko’s fault. I rewound tape multiple times watching it live.

He’s slow. His lateral agility is gone. He’s out of position a lot. He’s no where as physical along the boards like he used to be. He can’t lift a stick because presumably it’s hard on his back. He can’t win a stick battle because if he’s applying pressure and his stick is lifted presumably it hurts his back.

He made a great play saving a Michigan goal but that was his man. He was supposed to close in behind the net but he’s old, slow and looked confused. So he just gave SVECHNIKOV time AND space.

That’s a 6.5 million dollar deep sea boat anchor.

So you're saying he's the perfect Pierre Dorion acquisition.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why though? You can dump guys, for a price. You can buy out the last 2 years for a pretty moderate cap hit. He could LTIRetire. There's so many options to mitigate the last 2-3 years of his deal. In the meantime, you get 4 years of exactly what you need in the lineup and the asking price is totally doable. I'd be all over this if it was true.
On one hand it seems easy, yet Phaneuf fell apart, led to us losing a more important player to expansion, and required some dead money plus Gaborik's LTIR contract on the books.

And then we have Zaitsev who is still here and would presumably be gone if it were easy.

It seems so easy sometimes when you see some teams do it, but we got burned twice in recent examples.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I could actually see Pinto being available although I'm sure many others would disagree. Maybe CLB has to add, not sure.

I think Pinto has a TON of value to a team who believes in him long-term. I think he could get locked up for 6-8yrs under 5mil, which Ottawa can't afford to give him, but a team like CLB could.

I am not 100% sure he will be a 2C, but his floor is probably an all-around 3C who PPs & PKs to the tune of about 40-50pts a year.

Why could I see Ottawa trading him?
1) High value
2) We're in a tough cap situation
3) Grieg & Ostapchuk looking like very likely top 9 fwds & are still on their ELCs for 2-3yrs
What would you want for Pinto? It would hurt but something like Peeke + Chinakhov?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Andy strictland who covers the blues was on the radio this morning, and he doesn't buy that the blues would be trading Parayko as a money dump, he thinks they'll be making a hockey trade and want a guy that can play, not prospects or picks, probably means no to JBD or Thomson.

I figure any trade for Parayko has to be thought of as two trades,

What we give up for him now,

And what we give up to move on from him in 5 or 6 years

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
@BondraTime
I was listening to Dave Poulin this morning. He went on about Parayko, and he went on about pro scouts tracking him..

How much of that is BS?

32 team league, so 31 teams to scout. They play 82 games. How do you even begin to track all roughly 900 players who will see anywhere from 1-2 games to all 82?
How do you begin track the core 200 that are front line players?

Track injuries, track drop or increase in play, track attitude issues. Track "good or bad in the locker room". Track family issues (wife okay with trade/move, etc.).

It seem to me that you cannot do more than scratch the surface.

And then, you have the issue of causing problems. Do you want to be the scout that warns Dorion that player X is concealing an injury, and so you torpedo a trade. Which pisses off the other team. Now you better hope you are a Sen scout for life and good luck in getting any inside info from anyone?

consider how often people move, do you really want enemies out there? or is that understood and let go.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Mercer is better than Pinto and younger. Why would NJD do that?

You prefer 29 yo LHD who is UFA to a 24 RHD at 2.75 AAV for 3 more years?
Mercer is comparable to Pinto in value....both C, both can put up points and play a two way game...I don't see Mercer as being a whole lot better...

Sens need Dmen more so Marino, Graves, etc...is what they would ask for if they traded Pinto...

Peeke and Chinakov don't move the needle for the Sens..especially if they are moving Pinto

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Mercer is comparable to Pinto in value....both C, both can put up points and play a two way game...I don't see Mercer as being a whole lot better...
Mercer has the same amount of goals as Pinto has points (not all about points though). Agree to disagree on that one I think.
Sens need Dmen more so Marino, Graves, etc...is what they would ask for if they traded Pinto...
That’s why I put Peeke. Second pair RHD to play with Sanderson.
Peeke and Chinakov don't move the needle for the Sens..especially if they are moving Pinto
Fair enough. Chinakhov is a pretty good player on both ends of the ice, you should watch him once he’s back from injury (if you haven’t). Cheers

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Having a little fun with Elliott Friedman's speculation in 32 thoughts... who says no? :

To VGK:
T. Krug
OTT 2nd or WSH 2nd 2024 (lower of the two)

To STL:
N. Zaitsev
I. Sokolov/L. Thomson
VGK 1st 2024
OTT 3rd 2025 or OTT 4th 2024

To OTT:
Z. Whitecloud

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think the contract of Parayko makes it less expensive. I really do.

1st in 2024 (top 5 protected), JBD, Joseph (dump), Zaitsev, Sokolov and a 2nd.

That's as much as I would give.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Mercer has the same amount of goals as Pinto has points (not all about points though). Agree to disagree on that one I think.

Fair enough. Chinakhov is a pretty good player on both ends of the ice, you should watch him once he’s back from injury (if you haven’t). Cheers
Mercer has 2 more goals than Pinto,

Reactions: SensFactor

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa

I don't know what you are reading but Mercer has 16 goals this year...Pinto has 14...

Mercer has 35 points and Pinto 25 playing in his first full season on the third line...I don't see a massive difference in talent.

Chinakov isn't anything specially at this point he has 27 pts in 92 NHL games with an awful -33 plus minus in two seasons.

You think the Sens are going to trade one of their top 3 young players for that offer? Pass me the blunt

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The question that needs to be asked is what would Parayko get on the open market if he was a UFA this year.

With back issues, declining play and hitting the 30 mark, would a team offer him 6.5M a season until he's 37?

If that's not the case than Parayko's value should be negative - that would mean teams don't view his play as being worth his salary and term.

If teams were willing to offer him that kind of contract, what would they also be willing to give up in assets for the privilege? Can't imagine it would be much.

I'd use the same logic when it comes to trading for Weegar. These big long-term contracts extending into a player's late 30s rarely work out and are usually given out of desperation by teams looking to extend their short-term contending window at the expense of having an albatross contract on the books in the not-too-distant future.

Maybe we're desperate enough for a top 4 RD to take on one of those deals, but I sure as hell hope we wouldn't be paying much in assets to take the contract of Parayko/Weegar off the books of the Blues/Flames.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I wonder if Dorion would take a shot on a upcoming UFA dman that is coming off an overpaid deal, and try to lock him down to something more reasonable going forward.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
Having a little fun with Elliott Friedman's speculation in 32 thoughts... who says no? :

To VGK:
T. Krug
OTT 2nd or WSH 2nd 2024 (lower of the two)

To STL:
N. Zaitsev
I. Sokolov/L. Thomson
VGK 1st 2024
OTT 3rd 2025 or OTT 4th 2024

To OTT:
Z. Whitecloud
I think Vegas would say no. Why would they get a 31 year old D and give up Whitecloud and a 1st?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Carson Soucy is apparently available. He was a scratch against the Sharks. 28 years old, 6'5, UFA at end of year. Probably wouldn't cost must to acquire.
I'd take a swing at Soucy. He wouldn't be too expensive to extend if he works out here. Wouldn't cost too much either

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm game to trade for Soucy to get an extended look, but I don't think he's going to be as cheap as people think.

When Seattle traded a 4th for Megna it was rumoured it was because they were going to flip Soucy for more at the deadline. Would people give up a 2nd or an equivalent prospect for a UFA we're not sure we can re-sign? I honestly might at this point, but it's not a slam dunk.

Also the issue that he's another left shot, so unless DJ will play one of him or Brannstrom on their off-side it's a bit of a moot point.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Mercer has 2 more goals than Pinto,
I don't know what you are reading but Mercer has 16 goals this year...Pinto has 14...
Career.
Mercer has 35 points and Pinto 25 playing in his first full season on the third line...I don't see a massive difference in talent.
Mercer is younger and accomplished more already. The difference in average ice time this year is 2 seconds, each play 15.5 minutes a night.
Chinakov isn't anything specially at this point he has 27 pts in 92 NHL games
Not far behind Pinto, especially considering the talent they play with… and Chinakhov 13 mins ATOI.
with an awful -33 plus minus in two seasons.
Team is bad. +/- is a pointless stat.
You think the Sens are going to trade one of their top 3 young players for that offer? Pass me the blunt
Tkachuck, Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris > Pinto.
Again, was just asking. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad