Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Career.

Mercer is younger and accomplished more already. The difference in average ice time this year is 2 seconds, each play 15.5 minutes a night.

Not far behind Pinto, especially considering the talent they play with…

Team is bad. +/- is a pointless stat.

Tkachuck, Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris > Pinto.
Again, was just asking. Cheers.
Just saying, Sens wouldn't include him in a trade for Chychrun....would take a good trade to make it happen

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Just saying, Sens wouldn't include him in a trade for Chychrun....would take a good trade to make it happen
Yep he’s a good player, I don’t blame them.

Wasn’t sure if the Sens were going to be able to pay him 5 mill to be a 3C and upgrade their D - that’s why I was asking about Peeke. Seems like you’d rather move him for a piece more like Weeger, if at all.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Career.

Mercer is younger and accomplished more already. The difference in average ice time this year is 2 seconds, each play 15.5 minutes a night.

Not far behind Pinto, especially considering the talent they play with…

Team is bad. +/- is a pointless stat.

Tkachuck, Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris > Pinto.
Again, was just asking. Cheers.
Lol, now it’s career, you never mentioned that,
And career wise Mercer has played nearly twice as many games lol.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Yep he’s a damn good player, I don’t blame them.

Wasn’t sure if the Sens were going to be able to pay him 5 mill to be a 3C and upgrade their D - that’s why I was asking about Peeke. Seems like you’d rather move him for a piece more like Weeger, if at all.
They are likely going to bridge him this year to a $3m contract at the end of the year. Gives them time to move Zaitsev $4.5M contract offers the books for next year. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Joseph at some point.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Tin foil hat time.

We’ve been linked to a LD in Gavrikov and we’ve been told that Kleven goes straight to the show.

But we have 3 very capable LD in Sandy, Branny and Chabby. Who’s the odd man out?

I think Chabot may be on his way out. Maybe in a swap for a RD…

Reactions: bicboi64

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Lol, now it’s career, you never mentioned that,
And career wise Mercer has played nearly twice as many games lol.
I never mentioned this season either… “lol”

That’s half of my point. Mercer is younger and already more proven than Pinto, has better stats /rates in a larger sample size too.

Career scoring
Pinto 0.45PPG
Mercer 0.55PPG (sample size is 2x as large)
Pinto ATOI 14:53 career, 15:34 this season
Mercer ATOI 16:10 career, 15:36 this season
5v5
Pinto 1.55P/60, 1.4P/60 this year
Mercer 1.82 P/60, 2.0P/60 this year

Both should get better too.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Tin foil hat time.

We’ve been linked to a LD in Gavrikov and we’ve been told that Kleven goes straight to the show.

But we have 3 very capable LD in Sandy, Branny and Chabby. Who’s the odd man out?

Never saw anyone say Kleven right to the show.
Will he get a game or some when NCAA season over , yes, but no idea for next fall.

But If you have a link that thinks management thinks he’ll skip the AHL , I’ll definitely read it.

Reactions: Sensators

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Tin foil hat time.

I doubt Kleven is going to be an NHLer immediately. Will likely need at least a year or two in Belleville.

But we should absolutely be exploring a deal based around Chabot for Karlsson right now.

Whether Chabot goes to SJ or a 3rd team for futures, shouldn't matter. Framework for a deal is there.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Tin foil hat time.

Chabot, Boucher, 2024 1st to SJ Karlsson at 25% retention.

Zaitsev and Thomson to CBJ for Gavrikov.

Talbot, Watson & Holden to LA for Walker.

Cat Stu Giroux
Tkachuk Norris Bath
Grieg Pinto Joseph
Kelly Kastelic Gauthier

Sanderson Karlsson
Brannstrom Zub
Gavrikov Walker

Cup run here we come next year

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I wonder if Diamond Sports going under means a few of the affectdd teams in the US have quickly decided to cut costs.

It seems there are a lot of players available for futures all of a sudden.

Reactions: Que and Silencio
Oct 10, 2010
Trading for Colton or Weegar is a bad idea if you wanna keep Cat around long-term I rather pass on both and look at someone like Mayfield or Murphy types who won’t break the bank too much.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Yep he’s a good player, I don’t blame them.

I really like Peeke. I was pumping him a couple seasons back when he (seemed) more available. But not for Pinto. To me they are not in the same class value wise.

If Peeke's available though I'd be pretty ecstatic if Dorion targets him with picks/futures or as part of a bigger deal.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas just acquired Mayo for a 5th

Probably a nothing trade but they are the last team that needs additional RD depth. Wonder if it may help make someone like Miromanov available.

Reactions: gab6511

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think Dorian and Co. Should see where Kleven’s head is at - any hesitation on him signing and you have to make him available.

If he goes into next year unsigned - he is gone. As simple as that. And I don’t blame him.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I really like Peeke. I was pumping him a couple seasons back when he (seemed) more available. But not for Pinto. To me they are not in the same class value wise.

If Peeke's available though I'd be pretty ecstatic if Dorion targets him with picks/futures or as part of a bigger deal.
BJ fans said he could be available for a 2nd. They just need improvement period. Could be had for a fair price and would be a better gamble on the RD than having Hamonic there as the main option

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I wonder if Diamond Sports going under means a few of the affectdd teams in the US have quickly decided to cut costs.

It seems there are a lot of players available for futures all of a sudden.
Definitely possible....St Louis is one of the teams affected, and now they are allegedly "giving away" players like Parayko and Krug.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think Dorian and Co. Should see where Kleven’s head is at - any hesitation on him signing and you have to make him available.

If he goes into next year unsigned - he is gone. As simple as that. And I don’t blame him.
Pretty hot take. But is it really as simple as that?

He's a not-so-surefire prospect coming up in a system that is lacking in defence prospects. It's also a team that liked him enough to draft him and probably values him as much or more than any other. Is the grass so green elsewhere that he would risk his NHL chances to injury or a down year in his final year of college?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
BJ fans said he could be available for a 2nd. They just need improvement period. Could be had for a fair price and would be a better gamble on the RD than having Hamonic there as the main option
Sweet. Get her done. This guy would be like another Demelo for us. He would eat a ton of minutes and could anchor a pairing with Sandy or Brann.

I wouldn't think twice about dishing a 2nd for that.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Pretty hot take. But is it really as simple as that?

He's a not-so-surefire prospect coming up in a system that is lacking in defence prospects. It's also a team that liked him enough to draft him and probably values him as much or more than any other. Is the grass so green elsewhere that he would risk his NHL chances to injury or a down year in his final year of college?
Obviously you sign him if you can this year - but Ottawa would be dumb to not panic if he wanted to go back for his senior year.

FWIW: I think going back for his senior year would be best from a development standpoint anyway.

If you’re Kleven, wouldn’t you want the opprotunity to choose where you go?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Obviously you sign him if you can this year - but Ottawa would be dumb to not panic if he wanted to go back for his senior year.

FWIW: I think going back for his senior year would be best from a development standpoint anyway.

If you’re Kleven, wouldn’t you want the opprotunity to choose where you go?

If I was Kleven, I'd want to just get to the NHL wherever I can. He's not Eric Lindros. I'm not even sure he's going to be an NHL player.

So if I'm him I'm just going to try to ink a deal as soon as possible, accomplish my lifelong dream and get myself paid. I'm certainly not going to tarnish my chances by playing holdout. He's not in a position to be picky. Dorion knows that, which is probably why nobody is panicking about signing this deal.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If I was Kleven, I'd want to just get to the NHL wherever I can. He's not Eric Lindros. I'm not even sure he's going to be an NHL player.

So if I'm him I'm just going to try to ink a deal as soon as possible, accomplish my lifelong dream and get myself paid. I'm certainly not going to tarnish my chances by playing holdout. He's not in a position to be picky. Dorion knows that, which is probably why nobody is panicking about signing this deal.
He absolutely is in a position to be picky.

For the same reason Henry Thurn is in the position to be picky.

If he doesn’t sign this season, you trade him. Simple as that. He is too good of an asset to let go for nothing.

Reactions: Que
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad