Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To me Ostapchuk and Kleven are on the do not trade list.

Kleven for obvious reasons that have been highlighted recently about his leap in development to go along with his skating, size, meanness, and what is apparently an absolute bomb of a slapper. He’s also a D and even as an LD he can potentially make a guy like Branny available for assets Instead.

Ostapchuk is looking great, and sounds like the type of guy you want around when the play offs come. Just an absolutel workhorse willing to do anything for the team, with size speed, skill, and smarts to go with it. If he tops out at a third liner he’ll be one hell of a player, but he’s the type of guy that has the potential to figure it out, or put it all together.

I’d trade all other prospects before those two.
I like both guys a lot but that's insane to me, do not trade list is for bluechip guys that are guaranteed to make an impact, neither of Kleven or Ostapchuk are that...

The only guys that should be untouchable are currently on the NHL roster, Sanderson, Greig, Pinto, Sogaard, even then Sanderson is probably the only truly untouchable guy.

To each their own I guess, but if trading Ostapchuk and Kleven is what it takes to land us a legit top 4 RHD that fits the core going forward you do that every day of the week.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
In all seriousness though, I can't see Dorion going after Parayko. It goes completely against his MO. Having a player on such a long contract well into his 30's (ends at 37!!!) is unheard of for Dorion. He's always been super stingy on term for players later in their primes, even before we were rebuilding (see: Turris).

Also, wasn't he scared off by the term on Marino's contract?
Parayko is one of the types of RD I would like to acquire; however, the length of his contract and the back injury chatter makes me a bit wary.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man our atrocious drafting on defence is biting us in the ass isn’t it.

One or two of our top three prospects outside the NHL, a young roster player and a 1st.

Tyler Kleven, Zack Ostapchuk, JBD, 1st in with 23’ or 24’

Would be my guess. Considering his term, position and pedigree.
That is an insane price to pay for parayko.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like both guys a lot but that's insane to me, do not trade list is for bluechip guys that are guaranteed to make an impact, neither of Kleven or Ostapchuk are that...

The only guys that should be untouchable are currently on the NHL roster, Sanderson, Greig, Pinto, Sogaard, even then Sanderson is probably the only truly untouchable guy.

To each their own I guess, but if trading Ostapchuk and Kleven is what it takes to land us a legit top 4 RHD that fits the core going forward you do that every day of the week.
I would trade Ostapchuk, Boucher, JBD, Thomson or anyone else in Bellville or in development, but not Kleven as I think he is the younger developing version of Parayko. I agree we should keep Sanderson for certain and Greig, Pinto and Sogaard.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I believe this team has enough talent to be 100 points on a season. It is just disgustingly bad coached. Batherson's play is never corrected, so is Chabot's. And others. Chabot commits 5-6 rookie like errors every game. He is the worst player defensively, even I do not give a sh*t Batherson is better.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I think this Parayko stuff is gamesmanship by Dorion. Get the market all hot and bothered so another trade happens. My assumption is we’re in on a different player and that team won’t make a trade until Chychrun or someone else is traded.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Parayko and Weegar talk just doesn't add up to me, we're saying we aren't trading DeBrincat and will try to extend him in the offseason, but somehow interested in adding 6+ mil contracts, how are we fitting all this under the cap,

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
The Parayko and Weegar talk just doesn't add up to me, we're saying we aren't trading DeBrincat and will try to extend him in the offseason, but somehow interested in adding 6+ mil contracts, how are we fitting all this under the cap,
New ownership is going to build a bigger basement so Jim O'Brien can finally have roommates

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016

I think the point is you worry about that in the off-season

Need Zaitsev Joseph Talbot Hamonic Watson and Holdens salary off the books

The main need is a top 4 dman. If you can get that this deadline with names like Parayko Karlsson Weegar Schenn Chychrun Jones Roy Dumba ect all available you do it.

Debrincat’s potential contract should not hold things back imo

Reactions: ThaShow

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I was actually just looking at the numbers.

We have about 69.2M spent with Parayko added, Zaitsev gone and 13 other players signed. Gives us about 14.3M to fill out the last 8-9 spots.

We could likely fit in Parayko's 6.5M and DeBrincat at 7.5-8M on a long-term deal if we manage to dump Zaitsev, bridge Pinto and Brannstrom, and fill out the rest of the roster with cheap depth players.

That also means going into next season with Forsberg as starter and no 1B guy behind him, which I think is super risky.

If we could move Joseph's 2.95M it would make things more do-able for sure.

Reactions: ThaShow

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If the Parayko talk is serious (and it could just be some idle chatter from agents or media) then I would hope that the serious bidders have gotten on the phone to Bettman or Daly to say that under no circumstances do they want the team making significant financial commitments like this right now. This would be a horrible trade - we did such a great job getting our core under contract at young ages, and now we are going to go take on another seven years at 6.5 for a 29 year old defenceman with a bad back? That is exactly the kind of contract you avoid like the plague. Dude is a dash 16 this year and has slowed tremendously - HARD pass.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
In the Coming in Hot podcast, Servalli said that the latest offer from the blues to Ottawa is asking for one of their NHL ready young dmen in return and that’s it. He doesn’t mention what player though.

If that’s the cost the. i’ll be shipping BOTH Thomson and JBD out together.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I will say that Parayko has only 22 PM’s this season for a 6’6 D man with back issues. Pretty f’n impressive.

I threw the St. Louis game on. Let’s see what we might be gettin’

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's almost hard to believe that a team would be willing to give us a quality NHL defenseman for JBD or Lassi Thomson. I would say that both are substantial longshots to have meaningful NHL careers, and odds are pretty good that the Senators would be waiving at least one of those two next fall.

Pretty much any player that's acquired to fill the vacancy in the top-4 is going to have warts. Teams just don't trade really good right-shot defenseman in their mid-20's on an excellent cap number. At some point they're going to have to take a swing on somebody.

I don't know if Parayko is necessarily the right choice but they will have to find somebody soon. They can't go into next season without having added somebody, and it's certainly evident that the solution is not going to come from within.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Yeesh. Parayko just lost the puck in front of the net after a successful PK and gave it away to Aho who passed to Jarvis. Canes goal.

Remember when Zaitsev had that clearing ‘attempt’ against Philly? Yeah…

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
In the Coming in Hot podcast, Servalli said that the latest offer from the blues to Ottawa is asking for one of their NHL ready young dmen in return and that’s it. He doesn’t mention what player though.

If that’s the cost the. i’ll be shipping BOTH Thomson and JBD out together.

Probably Sanderson

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Am I the only one who thinks Pierre shouldn't be making massive trades when he's in all likelihood getting canned before next season? Or at the very least by the end of the year.

I think it would be irresponsible of him/the board for us to give up high picks or our top prospects at this point.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Good God Parayko. Youre 6’6 man. Use that stick!

Just gave up a hdsc% or whatever. Aho beats him cleanly and has a strong side release on St. Louis and Parayko is his man. St Louis has the zone cleared and a quick Carolina re-entry and Parayko is 5 steps behind the play. Can’t use his stick to either cleanly lift or cleanly defend even though he’s right there and closing.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Am I the only one who thinks Pierre shouldn't be making massive trades when he's in all likelihood getting canned before next season? Or at the very least by the end of the year.

I think it would be irresponsible of him/the board for us to give up high picks or our top prospects at this point.
100 percent. I'm hopeful that the Board has been given, err, strong advice from the investment bankers and the league that there should be no major moves undertaken right now that could hurt or complicate the sale.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Parayko saves a lacrosse style Michigan goal from Svechnikov from behind the net. Parayko gives Svech the time and space to pull the move off…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad