Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To St Louis: Conditional 1st, Joseph RW/LW, Zaitsev RD & Thomson RD
To Ott: Colton Parayko RD

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Get it done.

1. Zaitsev (4.5M x 2 years) + Joseph (3M x 4 years) + Thomson + 1st/2nds x 2 for Parayko (6.5M x 8 years)

2. Debrincat 8.2M x 7 years (Tkachuk's deal)

Tkachuk - Stützle - Greig
Debrincat - Norris - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - Gauthier

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Brännström

Forsberg
Sogaard​
this is too nice

final move would be to upgrade Forsberg

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Parayko has slowed down this year which is concerning

Weegar is having another great year and might have less mileage on his body
Weegar much worse than his last couple of years, unless it’s a Calgary thing.

The length of both deals concerns me.

Reactions: Cosmix

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Apparently Petry available
giphy (50).gif

Let's not complicate this. If Parayko is available, get him.

6'6 two way (more defensive minded) defenseman that skates like the wind and won a cup. He's exactly what the organization has been missing for a decade plus. 6.5M is of no concern in the short term, especially if Zaitsev and Joseph are headed out. 8 years is a concern, but not so much with the cap rising as there'll always be a market for defensemen with Parayko's pedigree.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I suppose one school of thought is that Parayko could play out like Weber did for the Habs. He would be a perfect fit for us for the next few seasons, but I imagine that with his back problems, there's a very high likelihood of him getting LTIRetired towards the end of the contract.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I suppose one school of thought is that Parayko could play out like Weber did for the Habs. He would be a perfect fit for us for the next few seasons, but I imagine that with his back problems, there's a very high likelihood of him getting LTIRetired towards the end of the contract.

I mean at some point we gotta stop caring so much about the future. Figure out the contract a few years from now

Every legit top 4 is gonna be 5+ mil

Reactions: Sens9292

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
View attachment 654309

Let's not complicate this. If Parayko is available, get him.

6'6 two way (more defensive minded) defenseman that skates like the wind and won a cup. He's exactly what the organization has been missing for a decade plus. 6.5M is of no concern in the short term, especially if Zaitsev and Joseph are headed out. 8 years is a concern, but not so much with the cap rising as there'll always be a market for defensemen with Parayko's pedigree.
That’s not the case anymore.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
ill chime into the Parayko trade offers

To St Louis
Lassi Thomson
2024 Washington Second Rounder / Conditional*
Nikita Zaitsev

*Condition on the pick. If Ottawa makes the playoffs in 2023 it will become a 2023 first rounder, if Ottawa makes the playoffs in 2024 it would become a 2024 first rounder.

To Ottawa
Parayko

-
To those who will say its not enough of a package for a top 4 right shot D.

Parayko will be 30 next year, has logged 550+ NHL games while playing a demanding style of hockey, and has 7 more years after this one with a 6.5M cap hit there is significant risk that he can depreciate before even the halfway mark of the contract.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I mean at some point we gotta stop caring so much about the future. Figure out the contract a few years from now

Every legit top 4 is gonna be 5+ mil
It is maddening isn't it?

The time to compete is now. We should be ok with trading one of Pinto/Greig if we get a great dman back.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
ill chime into the Parayko trade offers

To St Louis
Lassi Thomson
2024 Washington Second Rounder / Conditional*
Nikita Zaitsev

*Condition on the pick. If Ottawa makes the playoffs in 2023 it will become a 2023 first rounder, if Ottawa makes the playoffs in 2024 it would become a 2024 first rounder.

To Ottawa
Parayko

-
To those who will say its not enough of a package for a top 4 right shot D.

Parayko will be 30 next year, has logged 550+ NHL games while playing a demanding style of hockey, and has 7 more years after this one with a 6.5M cap hit there is significant risk that he can depreciate before even the halfway mark of the contract.
Your giving up potential 2 first round picks

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
To me Ostapchuk and Kleven are on the do not trade list.

Kleven for obvious reasons that have been highlighted recently about his leap in development to go along with his skating, size, meanness, and what is apparently an absolute bomb of a slapper. He’s also a D and even as an LD he can potentially make a guy like Branny available for assets Instead.

Ostapchuk is looking great, and sounds like the type of guy you want around when the play offs come. Just an absolutel workhorse willing to do anything for the team, with size speed, skill, and smarts to go with it. If he tops out at a third liner he’ll be one hell of a player, but he’s the type of guy that has the potential to figure it out, or put it all together.

I’d trade all other prospects before those two.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
To me Ostapchuk and Kleven are on the do not trade list.

Kleven for obvious reasons that have been highlighted recently about his leap in development to go along with his skating, size, meanness, and what is apparently an absolute bomb of a slapper. He’s also a D and even as an LD he can potentially make a guy like Branny available for assets Instead.

Ostapchuk is looking great, and sounds like the type of guy you want around when the play offs come. Just an absolutel workhorse willing to do anything for the team, with size speed, skill, and smarts to go with it. If he tops out at a third liner he’ll be one hell of a player, but he’s the type of guy that has the potential to figure it out, or put it all together.

I’d trade all other prospects before those two.
Yup I’m not trading Kleven or Ostapchuk either

Based on Franks comments the asking price on Parayko is pretty attractive. One of JBD Thomson or Brannstrom as the main piece seems fair and doable

We’re missing a solid top 4 dman and bottom 6 forwards. All our top guys are already here. We shouldn’t have to break the bank to finish out this roster

Reactions: Ice-Tray and Yak

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Not a trade, but for the offseason....

How good is UFA RD Nick Jensen (Capitals)?

Is he worth pursuing? I figure his price won't be too high as he's a defensive player that puts up few points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad