Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
One or two of our top three prospects outside the NHL, a young roster player and a 1st.

Tyler Kleven, Zack Ostapchuk, JBD, 1st in with 23’ or 24’

Would be my guess. Considering his term, position and pedigree.

I'd do Kleven, Boucher, 1st. I think that would be enough. We don't need Kleven if we get Parayko.

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Brann - Ham

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
One or two of our top three prospects outside the NHL, a young roster player and a 1st.

Perhaps we could give them Zaitsev as part of the package as they are entering rebuild mode and may need him to fill out the roster and reach the cap floor. :)

I would like to keep Kleven and add Boucher to the package.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Unless Kane is telling Chicago that he's only going to waive his NMC for one team and that team knows it, I can't see him getting any less than a 1st

this is the likely scenario. he probably strapped the hawks to one or two teams.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd do Kleven, Boucher, 1st. I think that would be enough. We don't need Kleven if we get Parayko.

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Brann - Ham
I do not want to trade Kleven as I think he has potential to become an LD similar to Parayko on RD. I would rather do JBD or Thomson.

this is the likely scenario. he probably strapped the hawks to one or two teams.
NYR appears to have been one of them. I wonder who the other options might be?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Brann - Ham

I think they’d want a roster player - probably Pinto - as Parayko is one of how many players like him in the league, five?

Perhaps we could give them Zaitsev as part of the package as they are entering rebuild mode and may need him to fill out the roster and reach the cap floor. :)

I would like to keep Kleven and add Boucher to the package.

I don’t think they’re rebuilding at all but an on-the-fly retool. Tarasenko and O’Reilly ran their course so they took the assets for someone they were not going to bring back and re-invest those assets into a new, younger, core player.

I think they’ll end up with one of Chychrun or Meier.

I think the Rangers were his only choice originally and now it’s been back to the drawing board for Kane.

And we have to be on the shortlist.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

That’s insane.
Frank Serevalli is reporting that the ask is closer to “help us move this contract” - something around a young defenceman close to being a full time NHLer/team controlled for many years.
He was essentially describing JBD.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Parayko is 29 years old, 6'6" and 230 Lbs; plays RD. Has the size we need. His contract has 7 more seasons to go at an AAV cap hit of $6.5M. His salary starts at $8M for the next 3 seasons and then drops off thereafter.

What would he cost to acquire? A 1st round pick + ?
If we want them to retain, they'll ask for Pinto or Greig.

I think we'd have to give an unprotected 1st next year and whomever we consider our best prospects + Zaitsev for salary purposes next year.

Unprotected 2024 1st, Boucher, Ostapchuk, Thomson, and Zaitsev to get the convo starting

Reactions: NB613

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
That’s insane.
Frank Serevalli is reporting that the ask is closer to “help us move this contract” - something around a young defenceman close to being a full time NHLer/team controlled for many years.
He was essentially describing JBD.

It is insane - which is why I’d steer away from Parayko. He has a full NTC and I suspect he’d rather not play in Ottawa.

Also, if St. Louis is only asking something of that magnitude for Parayko is that not sending off warning signs or flags?

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Is Parayko still good? Computer boys seem to say he has declined, I'm fine to take on the contract as cost is low and cap should go up, but only if he's worth 6.5million for at least the next 3 seasons

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think they’d want a roster player - probably Pinto - as Parayko is one of how many players like him in the league, five?

I don’t think they’re rebuilding at all but an on-the-fly retool. Tarasenko and O’Reilly ran their course so they took the assets for someone they were not going to bring back and re-invest those assets into a new, younger, core player.

I think they’ll end up with one of Chychrun or Meier.

I think the Rangers were his only choice originally and now it’s been back to the drawing board for Kane.

And we have to be on the shortlist.
Agreed to #1 and #2 points.

I think the Senators are not on Kane's target list of places to go.

Reactions: Que and bicboi64

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
It is insane - which is why I’d steer away from Parayko. He has a full NTC and I suspect he’d rather not play in Ottawa.

Also, if St. Louis is only asking something of that magnitude for Parayko is that not sending off warning signs or flags?

1. It is insane though you’re the only suggesting that package lol

2. Yes, it’s his back and 7 more years on the contract

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If we want them to retain, they'll ask for Pinto or Greig.

I think we'd have to give an unprotected 1st next year and whomever we consider our best prospects + Zaitsev for salary purposes next year.

Unprotected 2024 1st, Boucher, Ostapchuk, Thomson, and Zaitsev to get the convo starting
I would want the 2024 first to be lottery protected if that were the package. I'd add a 2nd round pick too if necessary.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
1. It is insane though you’re the only suggesting that package lol

2. Yes, it’s his back and 7 more years on the contract

If Parayko were still Parayko that’s the package he’d command. 6’6, right shot defenceman, canon shot, tough as nails, crushing hitter signed for seven seasons after this on a 6.5 million dollar cap hit. That’s like the gem encrusted golden poop Roger the Alien makes in anearly episode of American Dad.

But he’s not that anymore. In two seasons he’s the Canadian Zaitsev.

I’d swap Chabot for Karlsson before I’d trade for Parayko at this point.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I’d love to see acquiring Carlo from the bruins. Big, quiet stay at home d with a great $4m caphit. Could probably play higher in the lineup if paired with a more dynamic player like chabot or Sanderson? not sure if the Bs consider/use him as a top 4 but I think he could be a complementary top 4 in sens lineup.

Not sure what would need to happen for him to become available but I think he’s what this team is looking for.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Carlo > Parayko.

Parayko from a couple of years back sure, but he has lost a step and his value is in name and reputation only. If you have watched him play recently, he’s not that great. Plus the 8 year contract on top of it.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Carlo > Parayko.

Parayko from a couple of years back sure, but he has lost a step and his value is in name and reputation only. If you have watched him play recently, he’s not that great. Plus the 8 year contract on top of it.

Agree. And Carlo is a concussion away from being LTIR’d.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Everything I read from a Blues perspective talks about the need to move on from Parayko, and get out of that contract.
Lots of talk of poor play, lack of speed, not physical, and concern that his back is wonky and helps account for his lesser play.

I love the idea of the this guy, but getting major stay away vibes.
I’m outside of the last game they played I have no real opinion of his overall play at this point.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
It’s apparent that there are many teams looking for exactly what the sens need too: a large defense first RD that won’t break the bank. Teams won’t part with these players, and if they do it won’t be cheap.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
It’s apparent that there are many teams looking for exactly what the sens need too: a large defense first RD that won’t break the bank. Teams won’t part with these players, and if they do it won’t be cheap.

So what you’re saying is when the league zig’s we should zag.

Smaller, offence first rover that costs way too much. Hmm… Who could that be?

• Love
Reactions: JackieDaytona

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I'm all for it, add Parayko and K-Train and our defense will be massive

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub

Thats a tough top 4 to play against, especially since Sandy is gonna keep getting more dominant

any dman we acquire is gonna have warts, Parayko is top of the list for me

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I feel like Parayko is the exact prototype we need, feels like we should go all in on that

I agree 100%. Love Parynko, the size the defensive play is perfect for us and the right shot

But I don’t love the term of that contract, he feels like a player where the wheels will suddenly fall off. He’s already shown signs of breaking down

It’s a shame Klevin isn’t a RD, he’s the closest to a Parynko we have .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad