Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Parayko only works if you can get out from the Joseph and Zaitsev contracts, and even then, it'd be very tight if you want to keep Debrincat. You'd have to run with a league minimum player as the 3rd line RW, a Kelly-Kastelic-Gauthier 4th line and spend under $1.25M on a backup goalie.

I'm also not sure St.Louis would want to take Joseph back, so you'd be looking at:

A 2nd to dump Zaitsev somewhere
A 2nd to dump Joseph somewhere
Kleven/JBD + a couple of picks (potentially a '24 or '25 1st) to acquire Parayko

Seems like way too much.

The best I'd do is:

To St.Louis: Mathieu Joseph + Jacob Bernard-Docker + 2nd '24
To Ottawa: Colton Parayko

If they don't take Joseph, I'd need 10-15% retention on Parayko to get his cap hit down to $5.5-5.7M, but I'm not giving up a 1st to do it.

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Trade Chabot and Zaitsev for EK.

Sign Kleven immediately.

Ask Brady to beg Brinsky to plead for Kaner. Trade stoopid futures.

Add one bottom six forward. Ideally a center.

Tkachuk - Stützle - Batherson
DeBrincat - Pinto - Kane
Joseph - Grieg - Giroux
Kelly - xxxxx - Gauthier
(Gambrell - Brassard - Kastelic)

Sanderson - Karlsson
Brannström - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic
(Holden - JBD)

Reactions: CorrectOpinion

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

im-very-excite-borat-sagdiyev.gif

Reactions: Dionysus

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
With St.Louis rumored to be after Meier, I wonder if a 3-way could be worked out with Ottawa taking Parayko's contract, San Jose absorbing Zaitsev + Joseph and the getting a package of picks/prospects from both teams.

Something like:

To Ottawa: Colton Parayko
To St.Louis: Timo Meier
To San Jose: Neighbours + Bernard-Docker + 1st '23 (from STL via TOR) + 2nd '23 (from OTT) + 2nd '24 (from OTT via WSH) + Zaitsev + Joseph

Basically breaks down as:

Ottawa trades Joseph + JBD + 2nd '23 to St.Louis for Parayko.
St. Louis flips Joseph + JBD + 2nd '23 as well as Toronto's 1st + Neighbours for Meier with an extension
Ottawa trades a 2nd in '24 to San Jose to absorb Zaitsev for a year

Reactions: NB613

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
My sources say that the Sens are very close to acquiring a player or a pick, but that Dorion is happy with the team as it is, therefore doesn't want to make a move. Unless there's interest in expiring players like Watson, we may get a pick back. He's also always on the lookout for a top-4 RD, so we may see a move for one of those. But the cost may be too high, so a move may not happen. Considering we have a few million in cap space, I hear, he may use that space to improve the team though.

If anyone is going to overpay for Colton Parayko and his contract, it's Pierre Dorion. Frightening times.
Does Dorion have a history of overpaying for players on long contracts?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would think this is a no-brainer but I've been seeing Blues fans dump on Parakyo lately.
He talked about it on coming in hot today too, told the ask from a team like the sens is a young NHL ready D, so Brannstrom? JBD? Thomson? Maybe Kleven... Certainly not Sanderson.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
In all seriousness though, I can't see Dorion going after Parayko. It goes completely against his MO. Having a player on such a long contract well into his 30's (ends at 37!!!) is unheard of for Dorion. He's always been super stingy on term for players later in their primes, even before we were rebuilding (see: Turris).

Also, wasn't he scared off by the term on Marino's contract?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
In all seriousness though, I can't see Dorion going after Parayko. It goes completely against his MO. Having a player on such a long contract well into his 30's (ends at 37!!!) is unheard of for Dorion. He's always been super stingy on term for players later in their primes, even before we were rebuilding (see: Turris).

The counterpoint is he was, and apparently still is, very interested in Weegar. Weegar is the same age as Parayko, and signed for a year longer.
He also made a pitch for Burns (which was blocked by a NMC) who's signed until 39.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
We just gotta think who the best partner for Sanderson or Chabot is

I think Parayko is a perfect fit for these guys.

Not always about the best player or contract, it’s about chemistry and fit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Scared off by his term might be because he wasn't completely sold on how good the player was.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Scared off by his term might be because he wasn't completely sold on how good the player was.
Okay, but how sold are we on Parayko's play lasting into his mid-late 30's? The only way this move makes sense is if we're confident we can LTIR him if/when his play drops.

Looking at our core, the absolute peak of our window is going to be 2025-2028: Tkachuk (26-29), Norris (26-29), Stutzle (23-26), Chabot (28-31) will all be at the absolute peaks of their careers and still be on their current contracts which will be a much smaller percentage of the team's cap since we expect the cap to go up a ton by then. Having a potential anchor of a contract @ 6.5M for a player who is 32-35 could be utterly devastating during this core's absolute peak years.

Maybe I'm just underrating Parayko? It does seem like he would be a perfect fit for the next 2-3 seasons though. Perhaps that's more important that worrying about 2028.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Get it done.

1. Zaitsev (4.5M x 2 years) + Joseph (3M x 4 years) + Thomson + 1st/2nds x 2 for Parayko (6.5M x 8 years)

2. Debrincat 8.2M x 7 years (Tkachuk's deal)

Tkachuk - Stützle - Greig
Debrincat - Norris - Giroux
Formenton - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - Gauthier

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Brännström

Forsberg
Sogaard​

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.