Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I genuinely don't understand what Sokolov has shown that people think we can just pencil him into the lineup for the rest of the season.
More than Motte at this stage, and I think he is waiver eligible to next year. They have to see what they’ve got

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks "trade related" scratches are getting a big out of hand if Tyler Motte is being sat out?

I feel like it's trying to insure an old bellsprout pokemon card, and I really like Motte.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I was exiting by Motte in the preseason but he was meh in the season

I would like a deal around Motte and Kravtsov or Puljujarvi

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Am I the only one who thinks "trade related" scratches are getting a big out of hand if Tyler Motte is being sat out?

I feel like it's trying to insure an old bellsprout pokemon card, and I really like Motte.
No, just means a deal is close and they don’t want him to injure himself.
So that means we’re starting to give up on playoffs hope and will be sellers or what?
Would only make sense, so probably not

Probably something pointless like Motte for Kerfoot

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
No, just means a deal is close and they don’t want him to injure himself.

I know what it means, I just don't really see the slight injury risk being worth sitting him. If he gets injured, Ottawa loses what, a 5th round pick? He's not exactly Jake Chychrun.

I don't remember this many trade related scratches in past years, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong on that.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

And yet given the opportunity to call guys up, they opted for Lucchini, Chartier and Greig instead. So, what do you think that says about how management feel about him?

I know what it means, I just don't really see the slight injury risk being worth sitting him. If he gets injured, Ottawa loses what, a 5th round pick? He's not exactly Jake Chychrun.

I don't remember this many trade related scratches in past years, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong on that.
Friedman Larry Brooks is saying price is "significantly" more than a 4th, whatever that might mean.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
And yet given the opportunity to call guys up, they opted for Lucchini, Chartier and Greig instead. So, what do you think that says about how management feel about him?

Friedman Larry Brooks is saying price is "significantly" more than a 4th, whatever that might mean.
I think he deserves a shot. You asked how anyone could possibly think that. That’s one reason. You simply feel otherwise. Only time will tell I guess.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think it’s clear that Sens management is not too bullish on the guy at this point.

But to be fair, the poster was responding to your question “I don’t understand what Sokolov has shown…” , which has nothing to do with what Sens management thinks of him.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

you have to stop jerkin it to management decisions like they are gods. they suck.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think he deserves a shot. You asked how anyone could possibly think that. That’s one reason. You simply feel otherwise. Only time will tell I guess.

Has his skating progressed this year? Because the last time I remember seeing him, it was nowhere near base level for the NHL.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Has his skating progressed this year? Because the last time I remember seeing him, it was nowhere near base level for the NHL.
I don’t think it was his skating as much as it was his confidence. He seemed a bit lost on some plays and it actually made me wonder if he was being over-coached and too worried about what he was being told to do rather than just playing. He seemed hesitant.
On a team where structure is suspect, my impression was that he simply wasn’t sure where to be half the time.
That’s just my impression.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
He’s playing like a guy who is waiting to be found out that he was in the room with Formenton.
Seems like this must be his saving grace with the fanbase here. His play is terrible so I am not sure why everyone is so keen to defend him. I guess people are just passionate about his cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad