Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I’ve been one of Drakes biggest critics this season but you can’t deny the sheer talent the man has. His performance this season to me is confounding. He doesn’t look like he’s regressed but most nights he just looks like he doesn’t give a sh*t. He’s too cool for school, my face is in a magazine - so hey I don’t need to back check.

He’s definitely our most tradable asset based on his contract and his production.

It’s a tough one. Probably safest to move on from DJ.
I think, even though players like him, DJ has been tuned out. It's not a coincedence that the team started playing better after DJ, Giroux and DeBrincat had that little talk after practice.

Reactions: Que

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think, even though players like him, DJ has been tuned out. It's not a coincedence that the team started playing better after DJ, Giroux and DeBrincat had that little talk after practice.
DJ has definitely not been tuned out, otherwise that would show in effort on the ice.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
DJ has definitely not been tuned out, otherwise that would show in effort on the ice.
That's why he had to talk with G and Cat right? Maybe the boys tuned him out without even knowing it and it took an outside perspective, G and Cat, to be new ways to get the message through or change the message.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That's why he had to talk with G and Cat right? Maybe the boys tuned him out without even knowing it and it took an outside perspective, G and Cat, to be new ways to get the message through or change the message.
Only those 3 know what was discussed.

If what you think is fact, DeBrincat would not be in on the convo.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Only those 3 know what was discussed.

If what you think is fact, DeBrincat would not be in on the convo.
Why not DBC? Both good players, both new to the team at the same time. Both would have good things to contribute to the talk. I get Giroux would be the go to because of all his experience, discounting what DBC brings to the table, having played with Toews, Kane.. would be a bit of a disservice to him. It's just all seems to line up with this little streak they have going.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If we trade Bath for Weegar and DBC decides to leave
Who is going to score our goals when Giroux retires?
Thats 34% of our goal scoring gone Nevermind the assists etc

If you think DBC has a hard scoring this season
You are in for a disappointment if you want Jarventie , Sokolov or Boucher to replace those accomplished NHL stars (DBC and G)

We need more offense not less

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Coach talks to veteran player

News at 11

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Looks like new ownership will take a run at re-signing Cat according to Friedman. Among other things, I don't think he signs if DJ is still coach.
It is difficult if not impossible to know what the new owner will do at this time as the new owner could be one of 15 potential parties. I think the meaning of Friedman's statement is that the team will not sign Debrincat at this time (possibly due to the high salary being requested by Debrincat at this time) because of its secondary effect on the signing of other players in the future.

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016

You are in for a disappointment if you want Jarventie , Sokolov or Boucher to replace those accomplished NHL stars (DBC and G)

I doubt DBC leaves and I think that is irrelevant to these considerations. If DBC doesn't sign it sucks either way. Sell high on drake. No one put up with Hoff or Ryan when they weren't involved and they were never this bad. For some inexplicable reason people really want to give Bath the benefit of the doubt...

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

If Norris, and the rest of our internal pieces or any other FA we sign can't put up the 34% we're kinda screwed anyhow. Its not like Bath or DBC are top 3 in goals or points for us this year. They're both important, but wingers are easier to replace in FA and development than other positions

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Why not Brady and Chabot them? Veteran players....no? Ya know...the Core Players. Why have a chat with the new guys?... Tumed out.

Probably because Giroux and Debrincat play on the same line and the conversation was likely about ways to play better together...

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Why not Brady and Chabot them? Veteran players....no? Ya know...the Core Players. Why have a chat with the new guys?... Tumed out.
Maybe…. And I’m just spitballing here….. but maaaaybe he wanted to talk to the two vets on the second line specifically.

Would be a bit awkward for Stu and Brady to be in on that conversation.

You’re reaching.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wonder if Warren Foegle goes on waivers, would be a great pick up for the Sens to replace Kelly's spot.

Edit: never mind, he has a cap hit of $2.75M.
As it goes with all players in waivers. They’re “the worst player in the NHL.” “Players like them become available every day “

I’ve been one of Drakes biggest critics this season but you can’t deny the sheer talent the man has. His performance this season to me is confounding. He doesn’t look like he’s regressed but most nights he just looks like he doesn’t give a sh*t. He’s too cool for school, my face is in a magazine - so hey I don’t need to back check.

He’s definitely our most tradable asset based on his contract and his production.

It’s a tough one. Probably safest to move on from DJ.
He doesn’t want to get physical in the d zone. That’s it. Nor does he even want to chase his player.

That is brutal. What a missed opportunity, choked that game away.
Thatsbthe kids identity right now. To be up 3 1 and give up a clear breakaway and a 2 on 1. That straight up just being dumb as f***. Zero awareness. Zero savvy. Right now. They’re losers. (Relative to other NHL players).

Reactions: Que and Dionysus

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I doubt DBC leaves and I think that is irrelevant to these considerations. If DBC doesn't sign it sucks either way. Sell high on drake. No one put up with Hoff or Ryan when they weren't involved and they were never this bad. For some inexplicable reason people really want to give Bath the benefit of the doubt...

Money. Ryan was a terrible contract from day 1, while Bath (when he's on his game) is on a good contract. It doesn't go any further than that.

We're in one hell of a cap crunch any way you look at it. Bringing in anyone in the next few years is going to be dicey, unless we see record-shattering cap increases (and even then, no guarantee we can afford that). We just can't afford to move Bath's contract (unless you-know-what shows something nasty, then he's gone).

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sell high on Batherson? I'm thinking his value isn't at a high right now

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Maybe…. And I’m just spitballing here….. but maaaaybe he wanted to talk to the two vets on the second line specifically.

Would be a bit awkward for Stu and Brady to be in on that conversation.

You’re reaching.
Ian said he had never seen that before covering the Sens. Very unusual thing to happen. Lads on 1200 said the same thing. Maybe....just maybe....you're doing your normal The Team Can Do Wrong schtick ooooorrrr it could be DJ asking for a bit of imput from good players because he needs a different look at things. Maybe he did the same with Gudbranson and Stepan. Lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Batherson is better than those players.

Would Orlov be of interest this summer? Sounds like negotiations have stalled.
I think any d man is of interest lol

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

I think some players have tuned DJ out, but the ones who haven’t are doing well.

And I think we all know who are tuned in and tuned out.

Reactions: Loach

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
with st.louis fully rebuilding i wonder if we could get faulk

I bet St.Louis tries to turn it around quickly around Thomas and Kyrou.

I'd expect them to be very in on Debrincat if there's hints that he doesn't want to resign here. He'd probably be happy to be back in the midwest, and now they have 2 additional 1st rounders on top of their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad