Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kastelic tweaked his back early in the year and never really looked the same since imo, I think he's just not healthy. They definitely like Gambrell's speed, he's good enough defensively to not hurt you but he really should be your 13th forward, not a regular
Gambrells last couple games have been absolutely atrocious. Cost them multiple goals thats why the line shift happened where Brassard moved to center on the 4th line. I would have agreed with this sentiment before but man he has been brutal.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Kastelic tweaked his back early in the year and never really looked the same since imo, I think he's just not healthy. They definitely like Gambrell's speed, he's good enough defensively to not hurt you but he really should be your 13th forward, not a regular
Gambrell moves his feet, works hard, and plays the game "the right way". He just has zero offensive or physical tools. If he was stronger, had a better defensive stick, or could shoot, pass, or handle the puck, he might be a useful every night guy... but I think 13 is too high for him, even. I mean, he is probably not even our 13 and yet here he is on track for a 60 game season. Like many borderline players, he can't be effective when playing that often (as evidence by his play of late).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's a better fit I agree but Weegar is also great. Love Weegar's versatility. Can play both sides seamlessly and is effective in all situations. If the team has any injuries to Chabot or Sanderson he can switch sides if he has to. But why would Carolina move Pesce? Weegar i get because they have lots of D and have trouble scoring.

Not saying I wouldn't take Weegar, I just prefer Pesce.

Good point about playing both sides, though I think we are good with Chabot Sanderson and Brannstrom down the left at least for short term injuries,

As for Carolina trading Pesce, that's probably the show stopper, unless the have a really ruff playoffs and decide to make big changes I don't see them moving him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's really good at faceoffs. I like him in the middle, not sure why they think Gambrell is a better fit. He sucks.

He's a better fit I agree but Weegar is also great. Love Weegar's versatility. Can play both sides seamlessly and is effective in all situations. If the team has any injuries to Chabot or Sanderson he can switch sides if he has to. But why would Carolina move Pesce? Weegar i get because they have lots of D and have trouble scoring.
Would you swap bath for weegar straight. Maybe a dumb question actually

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gambrells last couple games have been absolutely atrocious. Cost them multiple goals thats why the line shift happened where Brassard moved to center on the 4th line. I would have agreed with this sentiment before but man he has been brutal.
Well, im trying to go off a bigger body of work than his last couple of games, for all I know he was playing playing hurt,

Anyways, my point was more that he should be a handful of games a year guy, not your 4th line center. If Kastelic is healthy, I think he's easily ahead of Gambrell and Brassard, that's all.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh... Idk, that Bath contract is really good if he finds his game again. Idk if that works with our cap room going forward.
How much does Batherson make? 4.95? Or something. Weegar only making 1.5 more than him.

With Zaitsev going out the door and Hamonic on the pay cut next year. I think that’s easy to rationalize and fit it.

Reactions: Sens9292

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are pretty solid up front, if you ignore positioning (which is not an issue with us given that our greatest depth is at C):
- Stutzle, 8yrs remaining to UFA - 1C
- Norris, 7yrs remaining - 1.5C
- Greig, 6yrs remaining - NHLer
- Tkachuk, 5yrs remaining - 1LW
- Batherson, 4yrs remaining - 1.5/2RW
- Pinto, 4yrs remaining - 3C
- Kelly, 4yrs remaining - 12-15th FWD
- Kastelic, 4yrs remaining - 4/5C
- Giroux, 3yrs remaining - 1.5RW
- Joseph, 3yrs remaining - 3rd/4th line wing
- Debrincat, 1yr remaining - 1/1.5LW

In the system:
- Boucher, 7yrs remaining - likely NHLer
- Ostapchuk, 7yrs remaining - likely NHLer
- Petersson, 7yrs remaining
- Halliday, 7yrs remaining
- Jarventie, 6yrs remaining
- Daoust, 6yrs remaning
- Crookshank, 4yrs remaining
- Sokolov, 4yrs remaining
- Lodin, 4yrs remaining

On D, we're a bit less set up:
- Sanderson, 6yrs remaining - 2/3D
- Chabot, 5yrs remaining - 1.5/2D
- Zub, 4yrs remaining - 3/4D
- Brannstrom, 3yrs remaining 6D
- Zaistev, 1yr remaining - 8D

In the system:
- Hamara, 8yrs
- Donovan, 8yrs
- Guennette, 5yrs
- Thomson, 4yrs
- JBD, 3yrs - likely NHLer

Even if we lose Debrincat, we still have 7 or 8 good NHL forwards locked up or under team control for the medium/long-term. On D, we have far less depth. As much as a good 2nd pairing DMan, this team could just use three every-day, NHL DMen.

I don't think it's that they think Gambrell is better... Kastelic had some injuries and just wasn't playing enough. He will be back and around for a lot longer than Gambrell will who, while I admire what he does with what he has, isn't a guy who should be playing much at the NHL level.
Add in a decent prospect likely coming into the system after this draft and yep we are pretty good...Just need our young group gain more experience...Also a new coach will likely be in place by next season and I agree we look pretty good even without the Cat

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No Im terrified of Weegars contract there is no way that he is worth much right now. He is signed until he is 38 his contract starts next year. He has had a big downtick in production this year. Id take him for some picks. At this point Calgary needs flexibility to add a scorer. His NTC kicks in next year I think they would trade him for less than people think.

Batherson has tremendous value. Its not really close, people just need to be patient with him, its a down year. One way or another the HC thing will be dealt with. Given the first time nothing came of the investigation and its taken this long the second time I dont know if anything is going to happen. He is still improving too, he isnt a finished product.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I mean fancy stats still say that Weegar has either been the best or second best flames defenseman.

I think if the price to pick him up and jettison Z is reasonable then its worth considering but I dont know how to make the cap work next year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean fancy stats still say that Weegar has either been the best or second best flames defenseman.

I think if the price to pick him up and jettison Z is reasonable then its worth considering but I dont know how to make the cap work next year.
Ok but. Prices for team best defencemen is never reasonable.

I would acquire any good d man for a reasonable price lol

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hmm that's an interesting scenario. I'd want a draft pick or or other asset from the FLames since Bath has a better contract. A move like that would be a Foligno for Meth type move (with better players involved), and help our needs. Wouldn't have to worry about Bath burning us in the West

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No Im terrified of Weegars contract there is no way that he is worth much right now. He is signed until he is 38 his contract starts next year. He has had a big downtick in production this year. Id take him for some picks. At this point Calgary needs flexibility to add a scorer. His NTC kicks in next year I think they would trade him for less than people think.

Batherson has tremendous value. Its not really close, people just need to be patient with him, its a down year. One way or another the HC thing will be dealt with. Given the first time nothing came of the investigation and its taken this long the second time I dont know if anything is going to happen. He is still improving too, he isnt a finished product.
I’m not really. Batherson has 5 years left. Can weegar be good for the next 5 years? I think so. After that? Jeez. That’s a looong ways away lol. I may be too busy to watch Sens games consistently at that stage of my life. The window is the next 5/6 years. In my estimation. I’ll take weegar at 6.5 instead of Batherson at 5.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Gambrell moves his feet, works hard, and plays the game "the right way". He just has zero offensive or physical tools. If he was stronger, had a better defensive stick, or could shoot, pass, or handle the puck, he might be a useful every night guy... but I think 13 is too high for him, even. I mean, he is probably not even our 13 and yet here he is on track for a 60 game season. Like many borderline players, he can't be effective when playing that often (as evidence by his play of late).

Agreed with your assessment. He’s a Diet Tierney lol

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Brassard was playing 3rd line LW for a while though, we could bring up Crookshank or Sokolov in that spot, move Motte down to the 4th line where he's best suited anyways.

Brass was even getting PP time up until his last game against Cgy.

We’re back to regular programming

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed with your assessment. He’s a Diet Tierney lol
To be fair to Tierney, he was pretty decent for a while, I think there was something about back issues plaguing him from about 2019 and on.

Still always felt like he wasn't good enough to be top 6 but wasn't physical enough to be on your 3rd line though

Reactions: Que

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
To be fair to Tierney, he was pretty decent for a while, I think there was something about back issues plaguing him from about 2019 and on.

Still always felt like he wasn't good enough to be top 6 but wasn't physical enough to be on your 3rd line though

Sounds a lot like Colin White imo.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Wonder if Warren Foegle goes on waivers, would be a great pick up for the Sens to replace Kelly's spot.

Edit: never mind, he has a cap hit of $2.75M.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we lose Cat, I really hope one of Jarventie, Sokolov, Lodin or Crookshank can challenge for a spot. I think Crookshank will be a good 3rd liner for us, dude plays with grit and the hustle is real.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If we lose Cat, I really hope one of Jarventie, Sokolov, Lodin or Crookshank can challenge for a spot. I think Crookshank will be a good 3rd liner for us, dude plays with grit and the hustle is real.
We can have room for them to challenge next season regardless. No Brass, Watson, Gambrell, Motte…. Kelly and Kastelic aren’t locks either…

4 spots up the air potentially.

Reactions: PierresGabriels

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I absolutely would not trade Batherson for Weegar straight up. I strongly believe Batherson is going to bounce back whether it is next year or during this season. That contract is a steal and Weegar's is not. Need value deals to compete in this day and age.

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016

Batherson drags down everyone he plays with. He is the definition of a passenger. His only value is as a hero to ____ apologists.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The player that was the Sens all-star selection last year, until Dell took him out the game before the all star game.

I’ve been one of Drakes biggest critics this season but you can’t deny the sheer talent the man has. His performance this season to me is confounding. He doesn’t look like he’s regressed but most nights he just looks like he doesn’t give a sh*t. He’s too cool for school, my face is in a magazine - so hey I don’t need to back check.

He’s definitely our most tradable asset based on his contract and his production.

It’s a tough one. Probably safest to move on from DJ.

Reactions: OD99 and Sensators
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad