Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The sens not being close to winning a cup is why you dont trade the 1st at the trade deadline. Especially when they have one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

Why does Dorion say stuff like they arent trading Hamonic. Pigeon holing himself like that god he is an idiot.
I think he is saying the plan is not to trade Hamonic at this time; however, if another team were to offer a high draft pick he might do it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ugh, I hope someone offers a 2nd or something good enough to warrant trading Hamonic. He's losing steps and is not an adequate second pairing D which he'll continue to be on this roster. After the deadline, let some kids come up and play some of his minutes.

Not happy or sad on keeping Cat, just as long as negotiations focus on keeping the aav at $8million max.

Also, heck no to Weegar. The time to get him was before he was moved to the Flames. Even if the Flames took Watson, Holden, Hamonic, and a 7th (all of our upcoming FA and a cap dump in Zaitsev), its not worth it for us to risk paying Weegar $6million when he's 35+.

I'd rather try to acquire Pesce or another younger RD and just overpay for them
If we acquired weegar before his move to the flames the only difference would be we would be the ones giving him that contract instead of the flames.

Pesces contract is up in a year. And will likely ask for the exact same contract weegar just asked for and the contract will start when he’s 30.

Reactions: NB613 and Crosside

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we acquired weegar before his move to the flames the only difference would be we would be the ones giving him that contract instead of the flames.

Pesces contract is up in a year. And will likely ask for the exact same contract weegar just asked for and the contract will start when he’s 30.
For all of his faults, Dorion hasn't been that bad with his extensions. I feel like our management could've gotten deals done with lower aav's. Also, Pesce is better than Weegar, in a situation where i have to pay either player $6 million aav, i'd pay Pesce that

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I’ve seen the benefit that Sanderson has had in Hamonicsnplay lol. Fact of the matter is Sanderson is really good. Would be good with whomever.

Also strange that Sanderson a dad is ducking saying anything at all to our coach

I believe it happened during training camp, so not at all surprising or strange frankly, that a former nhler talked to his kids coach about the game and the development of his son while he watched him during camp.

Whether you like it or not, here we are. Sanderson is a stud. He hasn't been dragged down by his partner, and had continued to improve as the season has gone on. Besides, theres more to this than the straight numbers. You and I have no idea what hamonic mentoring Sanderson looks like outside of on ice play.

Without a magic mirror that let's us see j to realities where Sanderson was paired with other partners, I'd say this has been quite a success all around

Reactions: JD1

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not a hard shooter and his mobility is not “excellent”.
Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything we read about these prospects before a draft & why scouting these kids in person numerous times is important.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not a hard shooter and his mobility is not “excellent”.

He's got decent power on his wrist shot but he's never been a good skater.

Even if he had a rocket it wouldn't matter much because he's not quick enough to open shooting lanes to get it on net.

Saying he has excellent mobility is utterly disqualifying and nothing else they said on him should be taken at face value.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I agree on Kastelic. Kastelic is a big player who does not play particularly big (physically over-powering opponents, hard checks).

That is so weird to me.
He (to me) is easily our most physical player after Brady, he has great speed and truly seems like a menace on the forecheck with nasty heavy hits, and he has some decent skill which takes teams by surprise.
He is (again, to me) an absolute no brainer centre for our 4th line. I really like everything he brings to the table.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Brassard was playing 3rd line LW for a while though, we could bring up Crookshank or Sokolov in that spot, move Motte down to the 4th line where he's best suited anyways.

Brass was even getting PP time up until his last game against Cgy.
He was, but doesn’t look like that’s going to be the plan for the next while as DJ seems to be rotating those guys.

If we fall completely out of the race it looks like they plan to bring up some of the young guys to play.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
With LA extending Anderson longterm, they'll probably have to move one of Walker or Roy to have some flexibility next season, especially if they expect Clarke to be playing. Wonder if we can acquire either of em for cheaper now

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That is so weird to me.
He (to me) is easily our most physical player after Brady, he has great speed and truly seems like a menace on the forecheck with nasty heavy hits, and he has some decent skill which takes teams by surprise.
He is (again, to me) an absolute no brainer centre for our 4th line. I really like everything he brings to the table.
Nasty mean hits? Chris Neil did nasty mean hits. If Kastelic hit like Chris Neil and was a policeman like Neil, I would absolutely love him on the 4th line.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Nasty mean hits? Chris Neil did nasty mean hits. If Kastelic hit like Chris Neil and was a policeman like Neil, I would absolutely love him on the 4th line.

That’s how I see him. big fast and hits hard.

Last edited:

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
With LA extending Anderson longterm, they'll probably have to move one of Walker or Roy to have some flexibility next season, especially if they expect Clarke to be playing. Wonder if we can acquire either of em for cheaper now

I just don't get the Chychrun rumours to LA with the d-core they have and what they have coming. Roy would be amazing for us if they ever flipped him. Walker not so much.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I wouldn’t classify Kastelic as a mean hitter at all, nor is he particularly good at fighting. He does move quick for a big man, but like most big guys in the NHL he just doesn’t hit mean. Kelly and Watson hit way harder and meaner than Kasty.

He is good in other areas, and is still a big body who can protect the puck, and has a little offensive flair, and he’s still young.

Finding big guys that are aggressive and like running guys over is super rare.

Reactions: Yak

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The only team that wanted Hamonic was the Sens last year, and the ask was for a 4th. No other team even inquired.

He’s only got a year left, but he’s likely not a guy teams want to invest in.

Should take whatever they can get. Makes zero sense to bring him back, and zero sense to not take something for him.

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
The only team that wanted Hamonic was the Sens last year, and the ask was for a 4th. No other team even inquired.

He’s only got a year left, but he’s likely not a guy teams want to invest in.

Should take whatever they can get. Makes zero sense to bring him back, and zero sense to not take something for him.
Only situation I want him back is a league minimum or $1.5 million. If he wants more he can find it somewhere else

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn’t classify Kastelic as a mean hitter at all, nor is he particularly good at fighting. He does move quick for a big man, but like most big guys in the NHL he just doesn’t hit mean. Kelly and Watson hit way harder and meaner than Kasty.

He is good in other areas, and is still a big body who can protect the puck, and has a little offensive flair, and he’s still young.

Finding big guys that are aggressive and like running guys over is super rare.

It's much easier to run around throwing hits, like Kelly and Watson do, when playing on the wing. As a centre, Kastelic has more responsibilities.

Reactions: Arogie and Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It's much easier to run around throwing hits, like Kelly and Watson do, when playing on the wing. As a centre, Kastelic has more responsibilities.
It’s true, and I like the kid so I don’t want to spend too much time on the point. To me he just isn’t nasty. Doesn’t mean he can’t play or be effective. I guess with all the Neil talk of late it reminds me that we are missing that element.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only situation I want him back is a league minimum or $1.5 million. If he wants more he can find it somewhere else

I like that.

I think we can afford to keep him the rest of the season. A bit of stability over the next two months is worth the 3rd-5th round pick or whatever he could get in a trade. I do get that we need to start refilling the prospect stables, but we also have to balance that with stability on the roster.

Of course, if a team is crazy enough to give a late 1st for the guy (lord knows why), then obviously you'd pounce on it.

Reactions: bicboi64

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For all of his faults, Dorion hasn't been that bad with his extensions. I feel like our management could've gotten deals done with lower aav's. Also, Pesce is better than Weegar, in a situation where i have to pay either player $6 million aav, i'd pay Pesce that
I’m not sure he’s better.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
So we have been linked to Gavrikov Dumba Roy Weegar Jones and Karlsson

Let’s see how it shakes out

We’re also scouting St.Louis tonight who have quite a few players up for grabs

Reactions: FSL KINGS

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I like that.

I think we can afford to keep him the rest of the season. A bit of stability over the next two months is worth the 3rd-5th round pick or whatever he could get in a trade. I do get that we need to start refilling the prospect stables, but we also have to balance that with stability on the roster.

Of course, if a team is crazy enough to give a late 1st for the guy (lord knows why), then obviously you'd pounce on it.
I just hope we don't pull an Edmonton and extend a vet bottom-pairing guy with an overpayment like they did for Kris Russell a few years back. A 1 year deal is more than enough

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why does anyone have a problem with Hamonic coming back as a 3rd pairing D? It's the fact that we're void of a top 4 right handed D that's troubling, not penciling in Hamonic for 12 minutes a night or whatever.

Reactions: SensFan1010

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why does anyone have a problem with Hamonic coming back as a 3rd pairing D? It's the fact that we're void of a top 4 right handed D that's troubling, not penciling in Hamonic for 12 minutes a night or whatever.
I'm fine with him coming back, but it has to be at a paycut. Every penny counts this off season given the dead capspace we have and he isn't worth anything more than $1.5 million

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad