Jan 16, 2009
3.png
Drake Batherson (RW/C)5416294522-27|

He seems to be doing OK the -27 is not good Projected to get 68 points

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ian said he had never seen that before covering the Sens. Very unusual thing to happen. Lads on 1200 said the same thing. Maybe....just maybe....you're doing your normal The Team Can Do Wrong schtick ooooorrrr it could be DJ asking for a bit of imput from good players because he needs a different look at things. Maybe he did the same with Gudbranson and Stepan. Lol
Lol, so that’s where the tin foil went…

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If we trade batherson I will riot. We all saw what he was able to put together last year, he has the talent and will put it together again. Don't sell low.
He is giving away the puck like crazy this season and it is costing the team wins, not just his plus/minus.

At some point he has to either cut that shit out or we trade him while other teams are looking at his points and contract thinking his plus/minus is due to our team being bad.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I’ve been one of Drakes biggest critics this season but you can’t deny the sheer talent the man has. His performance this season to me is confounding. He doesn’t look like he’s regressed but most nights he just looks like he doesn’t give a sh*t. He’s too cool for school, my face is in a magazine - so hey I don’t need to back check.

He’s definitely our most tradable asset based on his contract and his production.

It’s a tough one. Probably safest to move on from DJ.
He’s playing like a guy who is waiting to be found out that he was in the room with Formenton.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I bet St.Louis tries to turn it around quickly around Thomas and Kyrou.

I'd expect them to be very in on Debrincat if there's hints that he doesn't want to resign here. He'd probably be happy to be back in the midwest, and now they have 2 additional 1st rounders on top of their own...
Wonder if it would be possible to add to get Thomas in return

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Has there ever been a 4 way trade? I want it all.

To Chicago: Drake Batherson, Zack Ostapchuk

To Arizona: Tomas Chabot (retention through Chicago and San Jose)

To San Jose: Ottawa 1st ‘23 (top 3 protected), Washington 2nd ‘24, Tyler Boucher, Lassi Thomson

To Ottawa: Patrick Kane (40% Chicago) Erik Karlsson (15% San Jose, 15% Chicago) Jacob Chychrun

That’s the craziest thing I’ve posted on the internet. And this one time…

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Batherson has been sub par but is still only turning 25 in a few months and on a good contract.

I would look at unloading Joseph way before.

Upgrading him on the 3rd line and adding a top 4 D would be very impactful changes

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Has there ever been a 4 way trade? I want it all.

To Chicago: Drake Batherson, Zack Ostapchuk

To Arizona: Tomas Chabot (retention through Chicago and San Jose)

To San Jose: Ottawa 1st ‘23 (top 3 protected), Washington 2nd ‘24, Tyler Boucher, Lassi Thomson

To Ottawa: Patrick Kane (40% Chicago) Erik Karlsson (15% San Jose, 15% Chicago) Jacob Chychrun

That’s the craziest thing I’ve posted on the internet. And this one time…
No way. Way too expensive. Especially when Kane is a UFA and no way he wants to play here, and Chychrun has huge injury problems.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
No way. Way too expensive. Especially when Kane is a UFA and no way he wants to play here, and Chychrun has huge injury problems.

Gotta give to get. I think as fans we over value some of our assets. Kane hit 92 points last year and won 3 cups while Chicago is eating a portion of EK’s salary.

If trading for Kane helps us wake up and keep DeBrincat then you make that decision.

Karlsson at 8.31? Sign me up.

Solving our roster issues without having to trade Zaitsev at a premium? Sweet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He’s playing like a guy who is waiting to be found out that he was in the room with Formenton.

That could also be why he hasn't been traded. The hockey world is small, and chances are if that is the case (not saying it is!), other teams know it and won't touch that controversy with a 10-foot pole.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That could also be why he hasn't been traded. The hockey world is small, and chances are if that is the case (not saying it is!), other teams know it and won't touch that controversy with a 10-foot pole.
Well that and maybe we just don’t want to trade him

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Gotta give to get. I think as fans we over value some of our assets. Kane hit 92 points last year and won 3 cups while Chicago is eating a portion of EK’s salary.

If trading for Kane helps us wake up and keep DeBrincat then you make that decision.

Karlsson at 8.31? Sign me up.

Solving our roster issues without having to trade Zaitsev at a premium? Sweet.
Do you really think Kane would sign an extension here? Because I think there is zero chance, so he would be a rental if he waived his no trade clause. I'd love to see Karlsson come back, but his last few years were a huge drop off. I know he has had a resurgence this year, but there is reason to be cautious considering he has had 5 relatively mediocre (for 8 million) seasons and half a great one. I'd love to see him back, but I don't think it is a 100% sure thing he keeps up his current level of play going forward. And Chychrun has plenty of questions around injuries too.

So you are giving up:

2 core players on good long contracts
A pick that has the potential to be very high in a very very good draft
Some good prospects

And getting back:

Someone who will definitely walk
Someone who has been considered extremely over paid for the last 5 years
Someone who has had constant injury problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events