Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
437F44C2-E11F-4C3B-AD38-0CE57D5137B2.jpeg

I don’t get why we can’t just ride out the last year. Cap situation isn’t that bad.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
To Anaheim
Zaitsev +
Capitals '24 2nd +
Ottawa '23 4th

To Ottawa
Anaheim '24 5th
-----
To Calgary
Ottawa '23 1st (Top 8 protected)
Mathieu Joseph (2.95*3)
Egor Sokolov

To Ottawa
Mackenzie Weegar (6.25m*8)
-------

Weegar takes Zaitsev's money.
Pinto and Debrincat take Joseph's money and the left over cap space
Sanderson takes the expiring dead cap in the year after with the cap increase.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
To Anaheim
Zaitsev +
Capitals '24 2nd +
Ottawa '23 4th

To Ottawa
Anaheim '24 5th
-----
To Calgary
Ottawa '23 1st (Top 8 protected)
Mathieu Joseph (2.95*3)
Egor Sokolov

To Ottawa
Mackenzie Weegar (6.25m*8)
-------

Weegar takes Zaitsev's money.
Pinto and Debrincat take Joseph's money and the left over cap space
Sanderson takes the expiring dead cap in the year after with the cap increase.
I don't hate it this. Frustrating that we're in this position in the first place though, 8M in dead cap (including Zaitsev) is pretty embarrassing for a team that's been rebuilding for years.

I hated the MDZ buyout at the time and the 2M from Ryan's also hurts. Ryan only had 2 years left on his deal and he seemed to like being in Ottawa (covers the team and speaks very highly of the city). You could have traded MDZ at 50% retained for future considerations if you really wanted him gone due to off ice issues and Ryan would have been a great mentor for the young guys.

Trading the WSH second would be fitting as we got it for Brown and would make the original Zaitsev trade a wash.

Zaitsev + Brown to Ottawa - Ceci + 3rd to TOR
2nd to Ottawa - Brown to WSH
Future considerations to OTT - 2nd + Zaitsev to ANA

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
to san jose

this year first ( top 4 protected)
next year first ( unprotected)
jarventie
lassi..
joseph

to sens EK ( 25% retain).

+ to ducks zaitsev + 2 round pick no matter year.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
From Elliotte's 32 thought

The Remington Group, which got a commitment from Ryan Reynolds to join its ownership bid for the Ottawa Senators, has an interesting history with the NHL. In 2013, a plan of theirs to build a 20,000-seat arena in Markham, ON — in hopes of bringing a second team to Toronto — was crushed by city council after residents made it clear public funding for the project would not be well-received at election time. Then, Remington entered into serious discussions to purchase the Arizona Coyotes, but abruptly backed away when unhappy with the real estate potential.

So, immediately there are questions about its interest here — coveting the real estate much more than the team. That’s why it probably made Reynolds a pitch and purchase options other groups weren’t prepared to, knowing the power his public persona has over the process. Our family used to be in the construction business, and everyone knew Remington’s patriarch, Rudy Bratty, was not to be underestimated or trifled with. His children run it now, and they are still formidable. A lot of this comes down to how much everyone’s willing to bid, but one thing the NHL will want to know is: will this ownership be as passionate about the team as some of the other contenders?

• Wow
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Make sure you re-sign DBC before losing Bath cuz
We have a history of getting burnt

Also there is cheaper option better defensively than Weegar like Pesce.
For 6.25 you can almost add Hronek + Jensen or Pesce + Gudas or Holl
Or any combination that give you more flexibility than Weegar long contract
Just food for thought

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ugh, people are offering way too much for Weegar imo, he's got two years where he has produced a ton of pts on a Fla team known for high octane offence ballooning stats and he's not known as a stud defensively, this isn't going to play out like Giordano 2.0 where a late bloomers becomes a stud for years, i see this playing out more like Dadonov where a player parlays a big contract out of inflated offensive stats from Floridas system only to be a depth guy going forward.

Just my opinion...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Gotta think we allocate DeBrincat's money to 2 solid defenders.

Looking at games around the league, it's all about strong mobility from the back-end. Especially when we have the likes of Tkachuk in our top line, we need strong drivers who can get them the puck in their successful positions.

DeBrincat + Jospeh + Picks OUT

Pesce and Gavrikov/Graves IN

Better roster. I also think Formenton coming back (investigation stagnant unless otherwise).

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Jarnkrok(type)
Kelly-Kaestlic-Motte

Chabot-Pesce
Sanderson-Zub
Graves/Gavrikov-JBD/Brannstrom

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Ugh, people are offering way too much for Weegar imo, he's got two years where he has produced a ton of pts on a Fla team known for high octane offence ballooning stats and he's not known as a stud defensively, this isn't going to play out like Giordano 2.0 where a late bloomers becomes a stud for years, i see this playing out more like Dadonov where a player parlays a big contract out of inflated offensive stats from Floridas system only to be a depth guy going forward.

Just my opinion...
Sutter effect? Huberdeau has 36 points in 51 games after having 115 in 80 last year. I don't know if all of Weegar's scoring regression can be assigned to Sutter's system but I think they're the only current playoff team who don't have at least 1 point per game player on the roster. Doesn't feel like a coincidence.

Edit: not advocating for or against Weegar. I'm not sure how the money would work and obviously the asset cost is unknown.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sutter effect? Huberdeau has 36 points in 51 games after having 115 in 80 last year. I don't know if all of Weegar's scoring regression can be assigned to Sutter's system but I think they're the only current playoff team who don't have at least 1 point per game player on the roster. Doesn't feel like a coincidence.

Edit: not advocating for or against Weegar. I'm not sure how the money would work and obviously the asset cost is unknown.
Idk, Gaudreau went from playing under Sutter with 115pts to pacing under a pt per game in Clb, while Matt Tkachuck added 10 pts to his pace moving from Sutter to Florida, I'm not convinced Sutter was holder either of them back,

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gotta think we allocate DeBrincat's money to 2 solid defenders.

Looking at games around the league, it's all about strong mobility from the back-end. Especially when we have the likes of Tkachuk in our top line, we need strong drivers who can get them the puck in their successful positions.

DeBrincat + Jospeh + Picks OUT

Pesce and Gavrikov/Graves IN

Better roster. I also think Formenton coming back (investigation stagnant unless otherwise).

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Jarnkrok(type)
Kelly-Kaestlic-Motte

Chabot-Pesce
Sanderson-Zub
Graves/Gavrikov-JBD/Brannstrom
If we could get Pesce for DeBrincat I'd be all for it, but only if we can extend him and I suspect your looking at 6+ mil to get it done.

Graves is likely to be looking for a raise too, so I think your committing to more than just Debrincat's money there.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
An interesting option is Larkin, I dont think he stays in detroit this year and the only way Id be willing to part with Debrincat is if we got him. IMO though Id try to hold on to debrincat at all costs

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I seriously doubt the club's 1st round pick gets moved with a potential new owner coming in. The NHL would lose its mind if Ryan Reynolds called out the Ottawa Senators 1st round selection. Holy crap that draft would have viewership!
I'm not entirely convinced getting a pop from a crowd is a valid reason to abstain from trading your 1st, but do agree that getting RR to make that pick would be fun,

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Idk, Gaudreau went from playing under Sutter with 115pts to pacing under a pt per game in Clb, while Matt Tkachuck added 10 pts to his pace moving from Sutter to Florida, I'm not convinced Sutter was holder either of them back,
Columbus is abysmal this year, obviously. They have almost no scoring power beyond Gaudreau, so the fact he's even that close to a point per game is honestly miraculous. Good point about his results last year. Wondering if they changed the scheme a bit in Calgary this year? Because watching that game the other night was f***ing painful. Robotic, uninspired hockey. Classic late 90s, early 00s kind of discretely hook and hold your way up and down the ice.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I seriously doubt the club's 1st round pick gets moved with a potential new owner coming in. The NHL would lose its mind if Ryan Reynolds called out the Ottawa Senators 1st round selection. Holy crap that draft would have viewership!
Unprotected firsts rarely get moved anymore. The fact that any non-playoff team has a chance at top 2 keeps FRPs from changing hands often. I could see it being an offseason trade when the draft slotting has been determined but I can't imagine they're willing to move their 2023FRP even if they 100% believed they could make the playoffs this season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the Sens decide to trade DeBrincat and his 9m QO in the off season to balance the lineup $ into a top4 D and a quality 2nd/3rd line piece or a goal tender.
Do they get something similar to what they got for Duchene or how much more might they get?

Things could get interesting if/when new hockey ops come in. Some very nice pieces in place .. now its time to go next level with the roster construction to be able to get into the playoffs and be a threat to win a round.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If the Sens decide to trade DeBrincat and his 9m QO in the off season to balance the lineup $ into a top4 D and a quality 2nd/3rd line piece or a goal tender.
Do they get something similar to what they got for Duchene or how much more might they get?

Things could get interesting if/when new hockey ops come in. Some very nice pieces in place .. now its time to go next level with the roster construction to be able to get into the playoffs and be a threat to win a round.
My hope is that Debrincat's value is similar or better than Fiala in the offseason, a deadline deal should in theory be more valuable because you get the extra playoff run.

The fact that people think it will take 8+ mil to extend DeBrincat suggests he has equal or more value on the ice than Fiala who extended for 7.8, he's a bit younger, but also smaller though.

So with that in mind, what does Faber and 19 OA in 2022 get you? Is that worth more than Ty Smith (gets you Marino)? Is it worth more than 2022 13th OA (gets you Romanov)?

Nils Lundqvist cost Dal a top 10 protected 2023 1st,

Hampus Lindholm cost Boston a late 2022 1st(22nd OA) and two 2nds, that's in the ballpark imo and would be a brilliant trade if we could get the RHD equivalent...

Chiarot somehow got what was expected to be a late 2023 1st and a 4th from Florida, but is currently looking like 11 OA, yikes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad