StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
I'd move Chabot in a Chychrun trade. Save 3.5 on the cap

Sanderson Zub
Chychrun xxx
Brannstrom Hamonic @ 1.5 or so

There's 5 M in cap savings right there and I'd look to find a 4-5 M RD
Removing a 25+ min/game thoroughbred and adding an injury prone workhorse does not make us better.. at all. That 5M RD better be one of the best in the league.

Reactions: NB613

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Methot on Locked on talking Karlsson today

Chabby or Karlsson going forward... I'd go with Erik. Marc Methot.

There is a grand canyon sized chasm between their play this year, that much is for sure.

And their contracts favor Karlsson in some ways assuming ~20% retention from SJ.

5 years of Chabot plus another sizable deal likely needed after or Karlsson for 4 and likely a reasonable re-signing after.

No brainer imo if its just a hypothetical question.

I've heard through the grapevine that Karlsson truly believed an ownership change was going to happen in the summer of 2018 and was ready to sign a contract extension as soon as that happened, which is why the "will he or won't he be traded" situation dragged on as long as it did.
Certainly seems plausible. Same obstacle Alfie had to staying involved too. Maybe that was the 650 mil offer Garrioch confirmed that Melnyk had received. Seems like that one would have got his attention.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Klingberg and Severson are the only UFA I can think of, but top pair is a bit vague. Do you consider Zub to fit that description? Jensen is another UFA that could work

In terms of trades, maybe Matt Roy is available in the summer, StL seems to be selling, not sure what their plans are with Faulk or Parayko, they have to waive though. We can hope a team like Carolina gets bounced in the first and looks to make big changes, I'd love to ad Pesce
Yes zub is a top pairing dman.

Reactions: Micklebot

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I agree but giving DeBrincat a contract that walks him straight to Ufa is awful asset management.

I don't see a world in which they do that. If talks go nowhere this summer, I would hope they look at doing a sign-and-trade like what Calgary did with Matt Tkachuk. If they can line up a buyer who wants to commit to DeBrincat long-term, the return could be solid.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't see a world in which they do that. If talks go nowhere this summer, I would hope they look at doing a sign-and-trade like what Calgary did with Matt Tkachuk. If they can line up a buyer who wants to commit to DeBrincat long-term, the return could be solid.
agreed, the whole conversation started with me responding to the point of giving Debrincat a 1 year deal
Well technically any contract you give him is going to walk him to UFA
technicalities haha you know what i meant

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think Mark Stone signs under new ownership He hinted at such when he went to LV

This situation it makes sense to wait till the summer change. If by August, under new ownership, he does not want to sign then deal him
A Qualifying Offer cannot actually be accepted before July 1. If a Qualifying Offer is not accepted, it expires by July 15 unless extended in writing by the team.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
A Qualifying Offer cannot actually be accepted before July 1. If a Qualifying Offer is not accepted, it expires by July 15 unless extended in writing by the team.

sure then wait till then

it really depends on when the new ownership group comes in it might be tough to switch out the GM before the draft. I am hoping though new ownership is in place atleast for April might give the team and chance to move our Dorion and bring in a new management team or atleast a POHO to run negotiations with DBC camp

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
sure then wait till then

it really depends on when the new ownership group comes in it might be tough to switch out the GM before the draft. I am hoping though new ownership is in place atleast for April might give the team and chance to move our Dorion and bring in a new management team or atleast a POHO to run negotiations with DBC camp
It was the July 15th date I was thinking more of seeing as how you mentioned something about August. By July 15th the new owners would need to put something in writing and give it to the Debrincat camp if they wish to extend the timeframe to get a new contract done.

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It was the July 15th date I was thinking more of seeing as how you mentioned something about August. By July 15th the new owners would need to put something in writing and give it to the Debrincat camp if they wish to extend the timeframe to get a new contract done.
yup makes sense

hopefully things move quickly after the new ownership group is in place

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we move The Cat I hope we get a decent top 9 winger back in any return for him....We still need depth in the top 9

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Gavrikov scratched for trade related reasons.

Friedman wondering if Columbus will move the assets they get for Gavrikov to go get Chychrun.

I would prefer he goes there instead of Toronto, Boston or even LA.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Flames are playing NHL on rookie lmao. Man this is utterly pathetic.

Parker kelly leaves dube
Gavrikov scratched for trade related reasons.

Friedman wondering if Columbus will move the assets they get for Gavrikov to go get Chychrun.
what on earth is the blue jackets plan lmao

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I really hope we're out of any big moves.

No way I'd do any of those.

Chychrun won't solve our issues at RD, and the guy is injured way too often for my liking. Not to mention we're running without a NHL level goalie for the next while. Even if we do get one in a trade, we don't have a NHL backup.
If Forsberg is healthy I don't see why we don't have a backup next year, he may not be a starter but he would make a good backup I'd say..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad