Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Also remember DBC won't have trade protection for next year. He probably wants to know what the direction of the team is from the new GM and ownership. Could get stuck in a sign and trade situation

lots of reason to wait and see how this thing unfolds
This team is probably a good three to four years away from being competitive

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really hope we're out of any big moves.
And are you willing to part with that

And are you willing to part with that

I think clarke is viewed as a future top pairing guy.

Are you willing to part with greig + 1st.

No way I'd do any of those.

Chychrun won't solve our issues at RD, and the guy is injured way too often for my liking. Not to mention we're running without a NHL level goalie for the next while. Even if we do get one in a trade, we don't have a NHL backup.

Reactions: slamigo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I really hope we're out of any big moves.

No way I'd do any of those.

Chychrun won't solve our issues at RD, and the guy is injured way too often for my liking. Not to mention we're running without a NHL level goalie for the next while. Even if we do get one in a trade, we don't have a NHL backup.
Well chychrun is obviously a move for the next two years at least.

He’s a better RD than Hamonic.

I don’t think we need another big fish in the top 4. We have freaking 3. There’s like 5 teams in the league with a legit “top 4”. We need to work on our TEAM Defence. This team can add prime lidstrom and it wouldn’t fix much.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Chychrun isn't our answer. I'd focus on keeping Debrincat first and figuring out RD over the summer. This team could be effing stacked next season and primed for actual 'meaningful games'. I'm fairly excited about next season. I just want PD to dump our miserable UFA washouts at the deadline and let some prospects audition for the last couple of months. We aren't making the playoffs folks. It's not our year. Lots to be excited about for the next many years though!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
For the record, since it was discussed here, Friedman's full quote on the DBC situation was:

"The Senators have been asked about Alex DeBrincat and they have indicated they are not trading him at this deadline. I think they want to wait until the new ownership is set up and kind-of attack contract talks then and see where it goes before they even think of exploring the market with him."

Which reads far differently from "Sens would like new ownership to settle in and try and attack contact extensions with him again." It implies far more that DBC and the team haven't really gotten into the nitty-gritty of contract discussions at this time, rather than that they tried and failed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For the record, since it was discussed here, Friedman's full quote on the DBC situation was:

"The Senators have been asked about Alex DeBrincat and they have indicated they are not trading him at this deadline. I think they want to wait until the new ownership is set up and kind-of attack contract talks then and see where it goes before they even think of exploring the market with him."

Which reads far differently from "Sens would like new ownership to settle in and try and attack contact extensions with him again." It implies far more that DBC and the team haven't really gotten into the nitty-gritty of contract discussions at this time, rather than that they tried and failed.
Ok that is kind of reassuring!

Hopefully that means DBC has told the team he is willing to extend long term. Him wanting to wait to see what happens with ownership is sensible, no hard feelings.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Hot take: I'd rather sign Cat to a 1 year deal and see what he can do with a new coach-even if it means a worse trade for him at that year's deadline-then trade him now and see him score 40 goals for another team under a competent coach.

Reactions: HSF and bicboi64

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
No thanks. Do not want another mark stone situation
I think Mark Stone signs under new ownership He hinted at such when he went to LV

This situation it makes sense to wait till the summer change. If by August, under new ownership, he does not want to sign then deal him

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
How is Arizona willing to move Vejmelka, i swear to god they are a literal farm team for the rest of the leauge. They should be building around pieces like him ssmh

Reactions: NB613

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Agree that if we make significant upgrades the outlook changes. I remain skeptical those happen fast enough.
It's pretty much spend the assets for a top pairing righty - or at least a strong top 4 righty. Maybe we need a goalie now too, but it's not like we have holes all over the lineup (IMO) - and not only that, the lineup should be quite strong with a coach who knows that the defensive zone looks like.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How is Arizona willing to move Vejmelka, i swear to god they are a literal farm team for the rest of the leauge. They should be building around pieces like him ssmh
they want to go for bedard

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think just a new coach.

Where are we getting a top pair righty.
Not sure what the options are, but we know we need it. And if not that then one of Sanderson or Chabot must move over. Can't have the black hole of Calcutta over there any longer (after this year)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think just a new coach.

Where are we getting a top pair righty.
Klingberg and Severson are the only UFA I can think of, but top pair is a bit vague. Do you consider Zub to fit that description? Jensen is another UFA that could work

In terms of trades, maybe Matt Roy is available in the summer, StL seems to be selling, not sure what their plans are with Faulk or Parayko, they have to waive though. We can hope a team like Carolina gets bounced in the first and looks to make big changes, I'd love to ad Pesce

Reactions: NB613

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I think Mark Stone signs under new ownership He hinted at such when he went to LV

This situation it makes sense to wait till the summer change. If by August, under new ownership, he does not want to sign then deal him
I've heard through the grapevine that Karlsson truly believed an ownership change was going to happen in the summer of 2018 and was ready to sign a contract extension as soon as that happened, which is why the "will he or won't he be traded" situation dragged on as long as it did.

Reactions: Dionysus

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Pagnotta now has Ottawa as one of the teams supposedly linked to Chychrun.
I'd move Chabot in a Chychrun trade. Save 3.5 on the cap

Sanderson Zub
Chychrun xxx
Brannstrom Hamonic @ 1.5 or so

There's 5 M in cap savings right there and I'd look to find a 4-5 M RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad