Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You know what this teams OI looks like with 6K … I’m not sure what your trying to do here other then defend our non attending fans.

I stand by my post.
Glad to hear you stand by a post that is clearly a fabrication, it makes it easy to determine how seriously any unsourced claims from you should be taken.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
What about a straight up trade with Arizona, Murray for Gostisbehere?

Arizona literally has the worst goaltending tandem in the league via two guys still on ELC. They take on Murrays extended contract and send us back a Dman that, although is not an all-star, is still better than every D on our team not named Chabot or Zub. Ghosts contract is pricey but less than Murray and ends after next year.

We get help on D, they get help with goaltending.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Arizona literally has the worst goaltending tandem in the league via two guys still on ELC. They take on Murrays extended contract and send us back a Dman that, although is not an all-star, is still better than every D on our team not named Chabot or Zub. Ghosts contract is pricey but less than Murray and ends after next year.

On top of overpaying Murray on a term that's too long, Dorion also gave him a 10 team NTC.

Highly doubt Murray would waive to get absolutely shelled night after night on a team clearly tanking.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
If we don’t use a number of assets to acquire a legit top 4 D or legit top 2 RW, where are they all going to play?

F: Greig Boucher Jarventie Ostapchuk Sokolov
D: JBD Thomson Brannstrom Kleven
G: Gus Sogaard Merilinen Mandolese
+ whatever high pick we get this year

We really need a smart proactive move on a real quality player. There really aren’t very many spots medium term even…these are already or will be longish term guys:

tkachuk norris Batherson
Stutzle Pinto Formenton
Paul White Brown

Chabot Zub
Sanderson

Murray

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lol. Believe me when I tell you the game day staff is not expensive in the slightest. Not a factor.

What is the 6K reference specifically again @Micklebot ? Feels like you’ve missed a few references with it “misused” around here…

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What is the 6K reference again @Micklebot ? Feels like you’ve missed a few references again about it being “misused” around here…
There was nothing wrong with that post, less game day staff getting paid minimum wage or close to it would have a negligible effect to where the break even point is. It's also worth mentioning game day staff is booked based on ticket sales, if the arena is expected to be half full they don't staff it the same as if its expected to be at capacity. I've already clarified my opinion on the sens break even point not being a static number but rather dynamic as player costs in particular are actually impacted by league wide revenue not just our own, there's no need for me to be responding to every mention of 6k,

When I see someone outright lie like you did, maybe I'll comment on it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
okay, hear me out.

I know Subban has turned into a bigger turd than he was in Montreal, BUT he is only making $2M in salary. Trade Zaitsev or even Josh "Watches KK dangle in front of the net instead of stopping him." Brown.

I will put up with his antics if it means that Brown is gone.

Reactions: Agent Zub

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
If we don’t use a number of assets to acquire a legit top 4 D or legit top 2 RW, where are they all going to play?

F: Greig Boucher Jarventie Ostapchuk Sokolov
D: JBD Thomson Brannstrom Kleven
G: Gus Sogaard Merilinen Mandolese
+ whatever high pick we get this year

We really need a smart proactive move on a real quality player. There really aren’t very many spots medium term even…these are already or will be longish term guys:

tkachuk norris Batherson
Stutzle Pinto Formenton
Paul White Brown

Chabot Zub
Sanderson

Murray

if you ask a certain somebody who shan't be named around these parts... Sokolov-Boucher-Kleven should be in the NHL lineup yesterday :P

Reactions: Loach

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So that means you can make up crap about what Melnyk really meant?

How about next time, instead of fabricating something out of whole cloth, you just point out breakeven at 6k was in the context of a return to normal transition and would need to be adjust to reflect the current context league wide?

You have totally missed the points. The "6K" reference is used by many posters here to support or justify league worst attendance and poor fan revenue ( I think you know this). This has been an ongoing discussion that you have just jumped in and thrown around a few claims and accusations that appear to support your personal view that you don't think its necessary for fans to buy $25 tickets or whatever. You appear content to regularly defend that position which is fine ...

I think otherwise, I think we need fans to buy $25 tickets.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
There was nothing wrong with that post, less game day staff getting paid minimum wage or close to it would have a negligible effect to where the break even point is. It's also worth mentioning game day staff is booked based on ticket sales, if the arena is expected to be half full they don't staff it the same as if its expected to be at capacity. I've already clarified my opinion on the sens break even point not being a static number but rather dynamic as player costs in particular are actually impacted by league wide revenue not just our own, there's no need for me to be responding to every mention of 6k,

When I see someone outright lie like you did, maybe I'll comment on it.

There is no lying ... no fabrifcation. I also think you are confusing statements from Melynk about team finances. What payroll do you think Melynk could afford with 6K fans? Assuming he broke even with his current spending on operations/staff etc. ?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

AZs goaltending has been really good this year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You have totally missed the points. The "6K" reference is used by many posters here to support or justify league worst attendance and poor fan revenue ( I think you know this).
Well no, it's typically used to refute the claim that he's losing money
This has been an ongoing discussion that you have just jumped in and thrown around a few claims and accusations that appear to support your personal view that you don't think its necessary for fans to buy $25 tickets or whatever. You appear content to regularly defend that position which is fine ...
again, no. I think there are reasons fans aren't currently buying tickets and if the team wants to encourage them to buy more, they need to address those reasons as best they can. Some are outside the control of the team, some going to take time, and some are going to require an initial investment to realize gains down the road

I think otherwise, I think we need fans to buy $25 tickets.

The distinction is that the team is responsible for motivating people to spend, that's pretty straight forward. One way they can do that by acquiring players fans want to see and who will improve the team, that's the part this thread is supposed to be about. Maybe we can get back to that part of this thread instead of making up false narratives about what Melnyk really meant.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Who says no:

To Buffalo:
Brannstrom, C. White, D. Dube, J. Brown, CGY 1st 2022, CGY 2nd 2023

Buffalo trades Eichel

To Calgary:
Eichel, TB 2nd 2022 (via OTT)

Calgary trades Monahan, Zadorov, Dube, 1st, 2nd

To Ottawa:
Monahan, Zadorov

Ottawa trades Brannstrom, White, J. Brown, 2nd

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
the team is responsible for motivating people to spend

but don't you know? Eugene is doing the absolute MOST to motivate the fans to spend...

He has an NHL team that exists... and spends money they are contractually obligated by the league to spend!

Isn't that enough for you people!?>!?!?!?!?! no? oh... well fk you then I LOVE EUGENE

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Who says no:

To Buffalo:

Buffalo trades Eichel

To Calgary:

To Ottawa:
Monahan, Zadorov

Basis for the deal isn't bad but I feel as though we come out as bandits in this trade. We'd have to give up more to get out of White's contract IMO.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Basis for the deal isn't bad but I feel as though we come out as bandits in this trade. We'd have to give up more to get out of White's contract IMO.

White's contract is very easy to get out of via buyout (avg caphit of less than 700k over 6yrs), I included him because apparently Granato loves him. Doubt the Sens would pay much of anything to get out of his deal. I would do this deal without White included... probably downgrade TBs 2nd, though.

I feel like Brannstrom is an extremely nice return for Monahan, too - they are having their most success in years and he's playing (& contributing) less than ever.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
White's contract is very easy to get out of via buyout (avg caphit of less than 700k over 6yrs), I included him because apparently Granato loves him. Doubt the Sens would pay much of anything to get out of his deal.

I don't know if that would be something Buffalo would be interested in but I think for us and Calgary it seems like a decent deal. Wouldn't be mad if it happened.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Colin White would be nice in the lineup right now. Center, wing. It would help.
Agreed. Shame what happened but I dont think we can afford to roll the dice on him since his buyout cost will double after this year (plus we'll be one year of salary-paid deeper). Buffalo, on the other hand, might.

Reactions: Loach

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Who says no:

To Buffalo:

Buffalo trades Eichel

To Calgary:

To Ottawa:
Monahan, Zadorov

I think Buffalo hangs up the phone, then lights it on fire

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I think Buffalo hangs up the phone, then lights it on fire

Pretty similar to what Karlsson got, if not better. White could be removed.

If you think Buffalo will get much better than that, I think you'll be surprised. Dube is a hell of a player, and Eichels camp is about to file a grievance against the organization. They dont have an awful lot of leverage aside from having a contract with him.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I thought Vegas was in on this too. What could Ottawa do to help Vegas and Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium