Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Where is Mr. Raffi Bomb? We need a Matt Carkner, a 2nd pair rd and rw. He can find these things. He knows things.

He's prepping pocket dogs for the next home game.

Edit: didn't read far enough to see his post :( obviously the pocket dogs are locked and loaded

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
uhhh Buffalo should be tripping over themselves saying yes to that trade unless they don’t think Tkachuk will resign with them. If that’s the case they might need a 3rd team.

Too bad Tkachuk is a winger and Stutzle isn’t ready at Center yet.

B.Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
M.Tkachuk-Stutzle-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Ennis
Sandford-Paul-Watson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Eichel is ; Tkachuk , an upcoming 1 Rd pick, a former 1st Rd pick, and 2 prospects

What is Tkachuk worth? A player, 1st and a B prospect ?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
If that Flames offer is legit we wont be able to match it. Thats a solid offer.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White and Brannstrom for Monohan’s and whoever’s cap hit ? Add Jarventie ?

White is out most of the year and can be LTIT, insurance, reclaimed or bought out.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Monahan’s career arc is pointing straight down. I guess including White at least cancels out some salary but I’m not a huge fan of Monahan as a target.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He's prepping pocket dogs for the next home game.

Edit: didn't read far enough to see his post :( obviously the pocket dogs are locked and loaded
I think you might be the first person on here to get the reference. Maybe some others got it before when my avatar was Rafi but I guess most people haven't heard of or watched "The League". "Rafi" is such a hilarious and ridiculous character with plenty of memorable lines like these:
stupid-thinkingispointless.gif

fire-take.gif

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
So what are we giving Buffalo for Tkachuk?
Brannstrom would likely be one part of the deal as he played with Dahlin at the World Junior Championships and that was a solid pairing so the Sabres would probably want to reunite the two. White could also be an option as the Sabres head coach was his coach in the USNTDP and apparently is a big fan of his.

There would likely be some picks involved as well plus maybe another prospect depending on what the picks are.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Monahan’s career arc is pointing straight down. I guess including White at least cancels out some salary but I’m not a huge fan of Monahan as a target.

If you can get rid of White it's a no brainer IMO but I don't see the Flames allocating 5M of their cap to White for 3 more year (or I also don't see the appeal if they would buy him out).

Flames could easily trade Monahan for straight up picks, he has one year left and teams are always looking for depth at center.

For him though I think he needs a change and also this year he has to carry Lucic and Lewis around so I'm not that surprised he isn't doing well. I think he wouldn't be the worst gamble especially since it gives you til the end of the year to see what you got in him. I don't think he'll get that much as a FA with how he's performed in the last seasons.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If you can get rid of White it's a no brainer IMO but I don't see the Flames allocating 5M of their cap to White for 3 more year (or I also don't see the appeal if they would buy him out).

Flames could easily trade Monahan for straight up picks, he has one year left and teams are always looking for depth at center.

For him though I think he needs a change and also this year he has to carry Lucic and Lewis around so I'm not that surprised he isn't doing well. I think he wouldn't be the worst gamble especially since it gives you til the end of the year to see what you got in him. I don't think he'll get that much as a FA with how he's performed in the last seasons.

I thought he had one more year at 6+?

Reactions: Boud

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
White makes sense as an acquisition for Buffalo if they end up dealing Eichel for pretty much all futures.

They need to take back around 5M in cap if they are trading Eichel, and I don't think a team like the Flames would want to subtract Tkachuk/Monahan from their roster since Eichel isn't going to be playing for months after getting his surgery.

If we're going to buyout White and pay 5.25M for him not to play for the team, might as well trade him to Buffalo, retain 1M+ on Eichel's contract instead and get a nice asset from Calgary/Vegas for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad