Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
You want Karlsson from Vegas?

Yeah, I think he'd be a great fit. Would solidify our C immediately and longterm.

I'd rather a legit top line C, but dont think we will ever acquire one by trade or FA. He's a good 2C.

I get the argument against - cost - but I think having guys to play ahead of your young guys can actually bring down costs longterm. Think Brady would have gotten 8.5m if he had Landeskog in front of him in the lineup?

Worst case, I think his deal will age well enough and he will be tradeable if need be down the road.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah, I think he'd be a great fit. Would solidify our C immediately and longterm.

I'd rather a legit top line C, but dont think we will ever acquire one by trade or FA. He's a good 2C.

I get the argument against - cost - but I think having guys to play ahead of your young guys can actually bring down costs longterm. Think Brady would have gotten 8.5m if he had Landeskog in front of him in the lineup?

Worst case, I think his deal will age well enough and he will be tradeable if need be down the road.
Isn't he hurt?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

Isn't he hurt?

Out til December at the earliest with a broken foot.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I wouldn't mind Wild Bill, he kind of turned into a pumpkin after the 43 goal season but still puts up 2C esque numbers, also seems to elevate his game in the playoffs.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You have totally missed the points. The "6K" reference is used by many posters here to support or justify league worst attendance and poor fan revenue ( I think you know this). This has been an ongoing discussion that you have just jumped in and thrown around a few claims and accusations that appear to support your personal view that you don't think its necessary for fans to buy $25 tickets or whatever. You appear content to regularly defend that position which is fine ...

I think otherwise, I think we need fans to buy $25 tickets.
The 6K to break even came from Melnyk's own plan. No it is not an excuse to not buy tickets, I brought it up to point out to you that you can stop worrying about Melnyk losing money. There is sufficient revenue to support the team and 13K provides sufficient revenue to add substantial payroll while still breaking even. An additional 7K per game based on publicly available estimates will generate about 17M USD per year in revenue. I am one of the few that feels Melnyk will spend and has begun to show that commitment. The revenues are there to support the team, and assuming attendance grows as the spending grows Melnyk will not be losing money.

You consistently talking about the owner potentially losing money as an excuse for not spending is as tiresome as those who complain the owner is cheap. Melnyk isn't cheap and he isn't going to lose money.

Every year the team breaks even Melnyk increases his equity in the team so he will make a killing when he eventually sells, he would be at about 250M USD if he sold today..

Reactions: MCNSTY

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The 6K to break even came from Melnyk's own plan. No it is not an excuse to not buy tickets, I brought it up to point out to you that you can stop worrying about Melnyk losing money. There is sufficient revenue to support the team and 13K provides sufficient revenue to add substantial payroll while still breaking even. An additional 7K per game based on publicly available estimates will generate about 17M USD per year in revenue. I am one of the few that feels Melnyk will spend and has begun to show that commitment. The revenues are there to support the team, and assuming attendance grows as the spending grows Melnyk will not be losing money.

You consistently talking about the owner potentially losing money as an excuse for not spending is as tiresome as those who complain the owner is cheap. Melnyk isn't cheap and he isn't going to lose money.

Every year the team breaks even Melnyk increases his equity in the team so he will make a killing when he eventually sells, he would be at about 250M USD if he sold today..

Well… Mr. @Micklebot feels it only applies to the Covid season …. Who’s “lying” here ? And what payroll did he say he could break even on at 6K fans?

of the top of my head he broke even in 2019 with a sub floor payroll and 11K fans. I don’t see how 6K fans makes that better and fuels the type of trades people want.

It remains to be seen if this franchise will ever be sold in the Forbes estimate range.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Sidenote: if Melynk, a one-time pharmaceutical industry billionaire, didnt make an absolute killing thoughout the pandemic, he must have been ridiculously cash-poor.

He is doing just fine, as you said - between expansion, TV deals, and all the value those things bring.

Reactions: h2owned

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Where is Mr. Raffi Bomb? We need a Matt Carkner, a 2nd pair rd and rw. He can find these things. He knows things.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well… Mr. @Micklebot feels it only applies to the Covid season …. Who’s “lying” here ? And what payroll did he say he could break even on at 6K fans?

of the top of my head he broke even in 2019 with a sub floor payroll and 11K fans. I don’t see how 6K fans makes that better and fuels the type of trades people want.

It remains to be seen if this franchise will ever be sold in the Forbes estimate range.

it’s amazing how you speak about Melnycks books like you have the archive of Sens annual accounting ledger before you and you just reference for it for your pretend profit, losses and revenues.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
And what source do you use to dispute Forbes ?

I don’t use numbers I dont know about. One day he’s threatening to move the team and the next day he’s saying they’ll be here for forever. One day he said he’ll never sell and the next days he’s saying the offer wasn’t sweet enough. One day he’s saying they are going to rebuild the defence and the next day it’s Micheal adel Zotto and Josh Brown on my TV - it’s like the guys is nuts

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t use numbers I dont know about. One day he’s threatening to move the team and the next day he’s saying they’ll be here for forever. One day he said he’ll never sell and the next days he’s saying the offer wasn’t sweet enough. One day he’s saying they are going to rebuild the defence and the next day it’s Micheal adel Zotto and Josh Brown on my TV - it’s like the guys is nuts

Ok, so you use nothing. Got it. Nice chat.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ok, so you use nothing. Got it. Nice chat.

I use the metric of “I don’t care - I want good players on a good team playing fun hockey, and if you can’t afford to do that then go away and let somebody who can do that take over”

I supported the players during the strikes (I was in the minority big time) - I’m here for the hockey, the talent and not the profits or the owners ego

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I use the metric of “I don’t care - I want good players on a good team playing fun hockey, and if you can’t afford to do that then go away and let somebody who can do that take over”

I supported the players during the strikes (I was in the minority big time) - I’m here for the hockey, the talent and not the profits or the owners ego

great - why don’t you take over. I think we would all like a owner willing to spend more money.

Right now we get exactly what we pay for - and actually more than that because we draw a disproportionate share of TV revenue and we receive low income revenue sharing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
great - why don’t you take over. I think we would all like a owner willing to spend more money.

And a new commissionaire, and a new leader for the NHLPA - these guys are arses all of them.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Where is Mr. Raffi Bomb? We need a Matt Carkner, a 2nd pair rd and rw. He can find these things. He knows things.
Finding them is one thing, find those players that are also available on the trade market is another thing. I can tell you the UFA's this next offseason that fit what you are looking for and some of them might be available via trade.

Matt Carkner Type
Nikita Zadorov, Kurtis MacDermid, Nic Deslauriers

2nd Pair RD
PK Subban, Rasmus Ristolainen, John Klingberg, Josh Manson, Jan Rutta

and not RD options: Hampus Lindholm, Brayden McNabb

Then you have some KHL options like Stepan Falkovsky

RW

Reilly Smith, Dmitrij Jaskin

In terms of actually trying to acquire a player this season Dmitrij Jaskin seems realistic as a forward option. He has zero points on the season but apparently has played decent, I am not sure why he signed with Arizona this year but he might be open to a change of scenery and the Coyotes might be open to moving him. He had great production in the KHL and would likely perform better with Ottawa's style of play. On defense Subban and Manson might be realistic targets.

Reactions: Loach

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Finding them is one thing, find those players that are also available on the trade market is another thing. I can tell you the UFA's this next offseason that fit what you are looking for and some of them might be available via trade.

Matt Carkner Type
Nikita Zadorov, Kurtis MacDermid, Nic Deslauriers

2nd Pair RD
PK Subban, Rasmus Ristolainen, John Klingberg, Josh Manson, Jan Rutta

and not RD options: Hampus Lindholm, Brayden McNabb

Then you have some KHL options like Stepan Falkovsky

RW

Reilly Smith, Dmitrij Jaskin

In terms of actually trying to acquire a player this season Dmitrij Jaskin seems realistic as a forward option. He has zero points on the season but apparently has played decent, I am not sure why he signed with Arizona this year but he might be open to a change of scenery and the Coyotes might be open to moving him. He had great production in the KHL and would likely perform better with Ottawa's style of play. On defense Subban and Manson might be realistic targets.

If this team was spending to the cap we'd add Klingberg and/or Manson in the offseason. If we add Klingberg and Sanderson comes close to as good as advertised then we have a playoff caliber top 4 D. I don't think that is in the plans though. And if it is we should be playing Brannstrom in the NHL to up his value. Getting a guy like Klingberg would mean that Brannstrom's main role on a future team would be gone.

But a top 4 of:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Klingberg

could be the best in our division within 2 years.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad