Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Throw offers on Chychrun.

Arizona won’t be competing in the 4 seasons he is signed for.

Sure he is a LD, but you could flip him out when Sanderson acclimatizes.

Chabot-Zub
Chychrun-Holden

Reactions: Blotto71

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I have a feeling Dorion has no choice. There’s a directive to save costs and that limits what moves we can make.
Then we aren't going to be able to keep very many of the young guys in the system. Not without trading a player like Chabot or Batherson. This is not a rebuild then. It's a scam that hopes for lightning in a bottle playoff run every 7 years to continue the scam.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Chabot-Zub
Chychrun-Holden

no chance they move Chychrun. And if they did, we wouldnt want to give up what it would take.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
no chance they move Chychrun. And if they did, we wouldnt want to give up what it would take.

Dorion is aggressive. I could see him putting a package together but he doesn’t have the money.

If Ottawa isn’t making the playoffs no way Dorion gets $$$ to spend help. No way, this roster is kinda set outside of some soft trades

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well Josh Brown is a poor man's Borowiecki, so we got that covered.
I really don't get why we moved on from him, he was good in the locker room, cheap, sticks up for his teammates, fits the team identity to a tee, can play both sides albeit as a 6 Dman,

But yeah, J.Brown, MDZ, Gudbranson, Coburn, Mete, those were all so much better...

I heard there was some sort of rift that offseason where he gave management an opinion they didn't appreciate and that's why he wasn't kept on. If true it's a shame, not that he's the solution to our problems on D, but at best we've moved the deck chairs in our attempt to replace him.

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

MCNSTY

Sep 15, 2020
It doesn’t but it makes it easier to spend to the cap. Average 13K and revenues are there to support it when we can break even at 6K fans.
I’m guessing that 6k break even factors in less staff being paid, etc. I’d guess that the break even point is higher now that they are employing and paying more staff to come to the games with the knowledge that 100% of the capacity is available. I could be wrong on that, though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Patrick Kane.
Carson Soucy.
Ilya Lyubushkin.

What_Is..._Cliff_Clavin%3F
Cliff_Clavin_in_Jeopardy.png

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m guessing that 6k break even factors in less staff being paid, etc. I’d guess that the break even point is higher now that they are employing and paying more staff to come to the games with the knowledge that 100% of the capacity is available. I could be wrong on that, though.

6K break even is a sarcastic reference to how much dead cap he could acquire selling off draft picks each year icing a ~$40 million lineup buffered to meet the floor.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
6K break even is a sarcastic reference to how much dead cap he could acquire selling off draft picks each year icing a ~$40 million lineup buffered to meet the floor.
The 6k comment wasn't at all sarcastic, stop making shit up, it was related directly to the teams safe seating plan to return from Covid, he was actively pushing for gov't to allow 6k in person attendance and stated that it would allow them to break even.

Is it a break even point going forward, probably not, since as the league as a whole is allowed full capacity, league revenue will increase player's shares and shift this team's break even point, but it wasn't some snide comment about bringing in dead cap hits...

Reactions: MCNSTY

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The 6k comment wasn't at all sarcastic, stop making shit up, it was related directly to the teams safe seating plan to return from Covid, he was actively pushing for gov't to allow 6k in person attendance and stated that it would allow them to break even.

Is it a break even point going forward, probably not, since as the league as a whole is allowed full capacity, league revenue will increase player's shares and shift this team's break even point, but it wasn't some snide comment about bringing in dead cap hits...

6K is referenced all the time around here as an excuse not to buy tickets. It isn't ever used in context ever for a specific covid season with reduced expenses... My comment is in response to every comment that seems to think shared revenue and 6K will support our payroll.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
6K is used all the time around here as an excuse not to buy tickets. It isn't used in context ever for a specific covid season...
So that means you can make up crap about what Melnyk really meant?

How about next time, instead of fabricating something out of whole cloth, you just point out breakeven at 6k was in the context of a return to normal transition and would need to be adjust to reflect the current context league wide?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

Chabot-Zub
Chychrun-Holden

Arizona has said that every player is available, except Chychrun. He's the only untouchable. So take whatever offer you think is fair, then add at least 50% more to it, and maybe Arizona bites.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So that means you can make up crap about what Melnyk really meant?

How about next time, instead of fabricating something out of whole cloth, you just point out breakeven at 6k was in the context of a return to normal transition and would need to be adjust to reflect the current context league wide?

odd that you jumped all over this with your profanity - but you let posts pass regularly about Melynk breaking even at 6K.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
odd that you jumped all over this with your profanity - but you let posts pass regularly about Melynk breaking even at 6K.
Keep deflecting,

I still haven't seen you do anything close to retracting your clearly made up claim.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Keep deflecting,

I still haven't seen you do anything close to retracting your clearly made up claim.

You know what this teams OI looks like with 6K … I’m not sure what your trying to do here other then defend our non attending fans.

I stand by my post.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Lol. Believe me when I tell you the game day staff is not expensive in the slightest. Not a factor.

Reactions: Wondercarrot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad