Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Formenton is never gonna play in Ottawa again, can we move on?
Why not? Every other player that was involved played this year because they had a contract. I wouldnt come back if I were him with the same ownership and management but atleast half of that is changing.

If we are trading Debrincat I want it to be for a similar player on a term deal.

I said it before

To Detroit
DeBrincat

To Ottawa
Keller

To Yotes
1st from Detroit,
1st from Ottawa
a prospect
This team cant keep trading picks, they dont have the money or a need for a skill forward there. They need hard and fast guys to play against and the money needs to go to signing what they have and or going after a legit goalie.

100% fact Formenton is done in Ottawa
Nope. This is absolutely not 100%.

Reactions: Cosmix and h2

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
If we are trading Debrincat I want it to be for a similar player on a term deal.

I said it before

To Detroit
DeBrincat

To Ottawa
Keller

To Yotes
1st from Detroit,
1st from Ottawa
a prospect
Not sure if serious.. but no thanks.

Reactions: Dionysus

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Why not? Every other player that was involved played this year because they had a contract. I wouldnt come back if I were him with the same ownership and management but atleast half of that is changing.

This team cant keep trading picks, they dont have the money or a need for a skill forward there. They need hard and fast guys to play against and the money needs to go to signing what they have and or going after a legit goalie.

Nope. This is absolutely not 100%.

It is most definitely 100% fact

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

I said it before

To Detroit
DeBrincat

To Ottawa
Keller

To Yotes
1st from Detroit,
1st from Ottawa
a prospect
Oof
Ottawa pays a first and DBC for Keller.
And maybe a prospect as we don’t know who’s giving that up.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
In other news, Dorion fleeces two more GMs, getting that high in-demand player named Future Considerations.

That's weird. Aren't they needed in Belleville?

Reactions: Yak and bert

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The story did implicate that one individual had a bigger hand in it all than the others. Maybe the team knows that was Formenton. It's speculation, but it's plausible imo that they'd steer clear of JD1 more than the others.

Safe assumption seems like he won't be charged and will eventually be traded. Unfortunately, it sounds as though no other team was interested in taking him on just before his signing deadline, so it doesn't seem like an Ottawa only thing at this point to me. If I recall correctly, it was rumored we were only asking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Kinda sucks for us how Austin Watson saved his best for the games leading up to the deadline so Pierre decided to keep him lol.

Sure it would have just got the Sens a mid-round pick probably, but Julien Gauthier deserves to be in the lineup over him and Brass imo

I dunno I think the guys pushing Gauthier and Brassard out of the lineup are probably Brown and Kelly, who probably shouldn't be.

I know he scored last night but I'm not sure why we even acquired Brown. He's the definition of replacement level.

If we had to trade a pick to add offensive depth it shouldn't been for a decent bottom 6er like Sundqvist that could push Gambrell out of the lineup and potentially replace Joseph at RW next season at a cheaper salary.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not having a contract made it much easier. As did the fact that he was one of the only guys to stay silent throughout the entirety. Whether we want to look at it or not, this has to do with why some are playing, and Formenton is not. Players got out in front of it, when they could, and jumped to either clear their name or steer far away. Batherson said no comment on why he never made any statements about his innocence when asked by reporters a week after the below.

I do not think those statements mean a hill of beans other than in public opinion and based on the wording of some of them they shouldn't. Which players without a contract provided a statement? I think there would be a difference in training on your own vs playing for a NHL team regarding microphones in your face asking for a statement. A couple were acquired that way. I don't think we should pronounce anyone innocent or guilty based on a statement put out by "their people".

Reactions: Cosmix and Yak

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Kelly isn't pushing anyone out, been scratched for a few games now.

Brown showed well in his first game. Won most of his draws, checked well and scored.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I dont think that has anything to do with it. Not from the information I have been provided. All the other guys that were there had contracts and are playing in the league right now. I believe if he was under contract he would be playing right now. The sens have had alot of bad press and with the team being for sale I am not suprised they werent willing to offer him anything more than a QO. Now if nothing comes of this if I were him id be upset with the organization and I would want a change. However with new ownership and management maybe he considers coming back here next season.

As you mentioned its been a long time with multiple different investigations with nothing that has come from it. At what point does this get resolved one way or another.

Would be strange to accept Batherson but not Formenton.
Well as of now there’s a few more signs that point to formenton being there than Batherson. Unless we’ve heard diff

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I dunno I think the guys pushing Gauthier and Brassard out of the lineup are probably Brown and Kelly, who probably shouldn't be.

I know he scored last night but I'm not sure why we even acquired Brown. He's the definition of replacement level.

If we had to trade a pick to add offensive depth it shouldn't been for a decent bottom 6er like Sundqvist that could push Gambrell out of the lineup and potentially replace Joseph at RW next season at a cheaper salary.
They wanted a centre, 67% on draws last night I think.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad