Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
IMO if we move DeBrincat it will be to further strengthen the D and goaltending.

Stutzle
Brady
Norris
Batherson
Giroux

Quite a few key players we can obtain through UFA as well. Your scenario would be extremely savvy though.
Strengthen the D?? Nah we good. Also Goalies are voodoo so would hate to see us trade for one with the Cat.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I would look at trading chabot and trading debrincat.
And those trades only happen if it improves our team immediately or within a year.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m not proposing specific trades but ideally we could reallocate the money.

Out
Debrincat at 8M projected
Sogaard 925K minors

In
Formenton 2M
Saros or Demko 5M

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Greig Norris Batherson
Formenton Pinto Joseph
Crookshank Kastelic Gauthier
Sokolov Gambrell

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Chychrun
Brannstrom Hamonic
JBD

Saros
Forsberg

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I would look at trading chabot and trading debrincat.
And those trades only happen if it improves our team immediately or within a year.
I was just about to the post this. With the addition of Chychrun, it gives the team a supreme opportunity to readjust the core and get a couple young guys who better fit the system.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
maybe we should grab a goalie for the next month

some sort of vet backup that can step in if Soogard falls apart here

I know they can't play in the playoffs but Talbot should be back then

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

They can't play at all. Any player transferred from one team's reserve list to another after the deadline is ineligible to play in the rest of the regular season or the playoffs.

The only option would be a free agent.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I’m not proposing specific trades but ideally we could reallocate the money.

Out
Debrincat at 8M projected
Sogaard 925K minors

In
Formenton 2M
Saros or Demko 5M

Tkachuk Stu Giroux
Greig Norris Batherson
Formenton Pinto Joseph
Crookshank Kastelic Gauthier
Sokolov Gambrell

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Chychrun
Brannstrom Hamonic
JBD

Saros
Forsberg

If Saros becomes available I'd gladly deal DeBrincat away to open up the cap space to fit him in.

Trading him seems crazy - I mean we're talking about a goalie who has not had a season below .910 SV% at ANY level since 2009/10 - but they are re-tooling, he's approaching 30, they invested a high pick in Askarov, and just re-signed Lankinen as a stop gap - so who knows.

Hopefully stops more than 9 shots out of 12

Hard to blame him much given double digit breakaways and odd-man rushes against.

One of the worst defensive displays I've seen in years, and against a bottom feeder no less.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If Saros becomes available I'd gladly deal DeBrincat away to open up the cap space to fit him in.

Trading him seems crazy - I mean we're talking about a goalie who has not had a season below .910 SV% at ANY level since 2009/10 - but they are re-tooling, he's approaching 30, they invested a high pick in Askarov, and just re-signed Lankinen as a stop gap - so who knows.

Hard to blame him much given double digit breakaways and odd-man rushes against.

One of the worst defensive displays I've seen in years, and against a bottom feeder no less.
I could be on board. There's a lot of uncertainty in net right now for a team expecting to be competitive. Talbot will be gone, can Forsberg return, is that good enough even if he does, and does Sogaard take a step to be the backup.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I could be on board. There's a lot of uncertainty in net right now for a team expecting to be competitive. Talbot will be gone, can Forsberg return, is that good enough even if he does, and does Sogaard take a step to be the backup.

I'd give Sogaard another year in Belleville for sure. Due to covid and injuries he's only played 72 games in the past 3 seasons.

Will be good for him to get some NHL time to finish the year but we should definitely have an established 1B starter in place this summer given Forsberg's injuries.

Reactions: GCK

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'd give Sogaard another year in Belleville for sure. Due to covid and injuries he's only played 72 games in the past 3 seasons.

Will be good for him to get some NHL time to finish the year but we should definitely have an established 1B starter in place this summer given Forsberg's injuries.
Seems like the smart thing to do.

I'm nervous just going for a 1B and hoping Forsberg can carry some of the load given he just blew out both of his knees, but we should know more about his recovery progress by the time they need to decide.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa

Pretty sure they cant play both season and playoffs - like can do effectively AHL only deals (ie - like the ones weve seen in past two days, more recently arizona).

Maybe see if we can sign Hasek out of retirement?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Pretty sure they cant play both season and playoffs - like can do effectively AHL only deals (ie - like the ones weve seen in past two days, more recently arizona).

Maybe see if we can sign Hasek out of retirement?
you can still make trades irrc

just cant play in the playoffs

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seems like the smart thing to do.

I'm nervous just going for a 1B and hoping Forsberg can carry some of the load given he just blew out both of his knees, but we should know more about his recovery progress by the time they need to decide.
MCL injuries arent like injuring the rest of your ligaments he should be fine by the start of the season. I think this stretch here is going to tell the sens alot about what they need to do next season. If Soogard plays well then its him and Forsberg next year. If he doesnt they will have to find a solution. Talbot is not the solution.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
MCL injuries arent like injuring the rest of your ligaments he should be fine by the start of the season. I think this stretch here is going to tell the sens alot about what they need to do next season. If Soogard plays well then its him and Forsberg next year. If he doesnt they will have to find a solution. Talbot is not the solution.
I did have that thought when I made that comment, but I guess the impact of both of them at once and being stretchered off makes it seem worse than it was.

Not overly comforting either way unfortunately. And agreed, Talbot is clearly not the fit and should not be brought back.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Out:

DeBrincat
Brannstrom
Hamonic
Gambrell
Watson

in:

Saros