Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ok thanks, have the NYR not signed him, I assume he’s still their property. Unless signing window has expired.
My understanding is they had till June 1 2022 to sign him and he is now 20 so he is a free agent

CHL/USHL non NCAA players
Signability: A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent.
Eligibility: Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft.

Another potentially interesting one is RD Alex Cotton he put up 43 pts / 39 games in Mestis Finland. 6'2 190

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Close this thread now and open up THE PLAYOFF thread instead!!!!!
A tad premature as the team is not in control of its destiny as other teams are ahead of the Senators in points and/or have games in hand.

The western road trip starting Monday will be a major factor in determining whether the team makes the playoffs because road trips are generally difficult to win all/most of the games.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Close this thread now and open up THE PLAYOFF thread instead!!!!!
Cool the jets

My understanding is they had till June 1 2022 to sign him and he is now 20 so he is a free agent

CHL/USHL non NCAA players
Signability: A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent.
Eligibility: Any North American player who turns 18 by September 15 and does not turn 20 by Decemeber 31 is eligible for the draft.

Another potentially interesting one is RD Alex Cotton he put up 43 pts / 39 games in Mestis Finland. 6'2 190
So that makes Tyler Kleven in the same boat doesn’t it.
How long after he comes out of UND do we have to sign him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
A tad premature as the team is not in control of its destiny as other teams are ahead of the Senators in points and/or have games in hand.

The western road trip starting Monday will be a major factor in determining whether the team makes the playoffs because road trips are generally difficult to win all/most of the games.
The Sens are in control of their own destiny.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The only team with a game in hand on us in the running for the wild card spot is Buffalo but we play them in the final game of the season, so we can effectively remove that game in hand by beating them in regulation. If both teams win all their remaining games in regulation up until that point and we beat them in regulation in that final game, we'd hold the tiebreaker of regulation wins.

So we do in fact hold our own destiny in our hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
The only team with a game in hand on us in the running for the wild card spot is NYI, but we play them in the final game of the season, so we can effectively remove that game in hand by beating them in regulation. If both teams win all their remaining games in regulation up until that point and we beat them in regulation in that final game, we'd hold the tiebreaker of regulation wins.

So we do in fact hold our own destiny in our hands.
We have 3 games in hand on NYI and are less than 6 points back though.

Edit: regardless we agree, we control our destiny as of now

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So, lets say DeBrincat does not want to sign here.

How about a trade where we send him to Detroit, extension in place,
Detroit sends compensation to Arizona and so do we,
We get Clayton Keller.

Keller is cheaper and friends with Brady.

I want Debrincat to re-sign, I have his jersey after all, but this is incase he doesnt want to.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
So, lets say DeBrincat does not want to sign here.

How about a trade where we send him to Detroit, extension in place,
Detroit sends compensation to Arizona and so do we,
We get Clayton Keller.

Keller is cheaper and friends with Brady.

I want Debrincat to re-sign, I have his jersey after all, but this is incase he doesnt want to.

IMO if we move DeBrincat it will be to further strengthen the D and goaltending.

Stutzle
Brady
Norris
Batherson
Giroux

Quite a few key players we can obtain through UFA as well. Your scenario would be extremely savvy though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kleven will be signed by Ottawa the second his season is over with UND. I imagine we will see him in a Sens uniform shortly afterwards, but it's most likely he will need a few practises before he plays. Also hoping we see Ostapchuk & Boucher once their seasons end, they would look good with Greig in the middle. Having said that though the Sens are fighting for a playoff spot & until that is out of the question they could wait before playing any new prospects.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Kleven will be signed by Ottawa the second his season is over with UND. I imagine we will see him in a Sens uniform shortly afterwards, but it's most likely he will need a few practises before he plays. Also hoping we see Ostapchuk & Boucher once their seasons end, they would look good with Greig in the middle. Having said that though the Sens are fighting for a playoff spot & until that is out of the question they could wait before playing any new prospects.
Kleven might get a game but if we stay in the hunt I'd say it's unlikely.

Boucher is having shoulder issues. I see no way that he plays for the Ottawa Senators this year. It would be a really short-sighted move, IMO. He's clearly not ready to be an impact player in the NHL and he's at risk of long-term injury.

I think Ostapchuk will be a useful bottom 6 player for us at some point. But I don't see any reason for him to play NHL games this year. Maybe some time in Belleville if he's out before the B-Sens are eliminated, but otherwise I say just give these kids their rehab/training routines and see them in the fall.

EDIT: I forgot that Ostapchuk was traded to Winnipeg (WHL). They will make a good run at the Mem Cup. Virtually no chance they are done before the B-Sens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kleven might get a game but if we stay in the hunt I'd say it's unlikely.

Boucher is having shoulder issues. I see no way that he plays for the Ottawa Senators this year. It would be a really short-sighted move, IMO. He's clearly not ready to be an impact player in the NHL and he's at risk of long-term injury.

I think Ostapchuk will be a useful bottom 6 player for us at some point. But I don't see any reason for him to play NHL games this year. Maybe some time in Belleville if he's out before the B-Sens are eliminated, but otherwise I say just give these kids their rehab/training routines and see them in the fall.

EDIT: I forgot that Ostapchuk was traded to Winnipeg (WHL). They will make a good run at the Mem Cup. Virtually no chance they are done before the B-Sens.
Sorry, I should have said to see Boucher & Ostapchuk in Belleville not Ottawa & you're right if Boucher is still having shoulder injuries will likely not play. I also agree that while they are in the hunt for a playoff spot it will be difficult for them to play any prospects & I think I said that. Hopefully, Ostapchuk & Winnipeg make it to the Memorial Cup.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Sorry, I should have said to see Boucher & Ostapchuk in Belleville not Ottawa & you're right if Boucher is still having shoulder injuries will likely not play. I also agree that while they are in the hunt for a playoff spot it will be difficult for them to play any prospects & I think I said that. Hopefully, Ostapchuk & Winnipeg make it to the Memorial Cup.

Boucher could very well be in the Memorial Cup too. The 67s have a really good chance. Boucher just needs to get/stay healthy.

Reactions: aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Boucher could very well be in the Memorial Cup too. The 67s have a really good chance. Boucher just needs to get/stay healthy.
Is he playing right now? Gatineau is such a wagon. They have won like 15 games in a row. They absolutely smashed the 67's when they played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad