Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Frank Servalli thinks Nick Scmaltz a Coyotes right dman could be available. Ooops Schmaltz a center or rw.

Last edited:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Pierre sleeping or what. Pay the price for Chychrun. Gonna have to add a D , do it now. Would have be better this week before this 4 important game. Now I think we lose tonight against Montreal

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chychrun is the best option ainec imo

Best player available and has a great multi year contract

Chabot/Sanderson/Zub/Chychrun as your top 4 is amazeballs

Very ready to overpay

Chychrun is a LD. If we're paying "three good pieces" for a RD, it damned well better be one who is a natural RD.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Mines short sighted? You've made up an accelerated timeline based on impatience.
Well you’ve made up a timeline based on….. preference? Who says there is a timeline? Internal timeline could be “when there’s a top pair d available go get him”

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well you’ve made up a timeline based on….. preference? Who says there is a timeline? Internal timeline could be “when there’s a top pair d available go get him”
When did that internal timeline start?
At this point I am just so fn tired of Dorion calling the shots based on his vision of where the team is at, what they need and what would be an acceptable price. A lot of really adequate D have been available, and on the roster and ignored or moved on from. He has had his fn timeline and for me his time has run out. If moving DBC is off the table for "reasons" those "reasons" should apply to moving out top young player/prospects and 1st round picks. Let the new group do that .. there is no urgency now. He has had since we lost Methot or longer. Pretender/Contender.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Law of probabilities is probably worth looking in to. We might be able to get past Pittsburgh or Washington who are sagging, but Detroit, Florida & Buffalo have been on a roll. Given the law of probabilities, what we are most likely competing for is the 11th seed in the Eastern Conference. Its worthwhile understanding the odds of leap frogging 5 teams.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
At this point I am just so fn tired of Dorion calling the shots based on his vision of where the team is at, what they need and what would be an acceptable price. A lot of really adequate D have been available, and on the roster and ignored or moved on from. He has had his fn timeline and for me his time has run out. If moving DBC is off the table for "reasons" those "reasons" should apply to moving out top young player/prospects and 1st round picks. Let the new group do that .. there is no urgency now. He has had since we lost Methot or longer. Pretender/Contender.
I agree. Dorions time should be over. I’m not arguing that.

But there are lots of good D on the market and I don’t blame him for browsing the market

Law of probabilities is probably worth looking in to. We might be able to get past Pittsburgh or Washington who are sagging, but Detroit, Florida & Buffalo have been on a roll. Its worthwhile understanding the odds of leap frogging 5 teams.
The nature of the East right now is that there will be multiple teams fighting tooth and nail for the playoffs every single year. We’re not going after rentals. Either go after the d man you love now. Or risk losing him to something else who will have him for several more years and wait for something else to become available.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
Pierre sleeping or what. Pay the price for Chychrun. Gonna have to add a D , do it now. Would have be better this week before this 4 important game. Now I think we lose tonight against Montreal

Pierre should be sleeping, or someone should shoot him with a tranquilizer.

We're a massive long shot to make the playoffs and we have been for three months. Paying someone to take Zaitsev off the books needed to happen no matter what, so that is fine. But his salary savings should be used by a competent GM this summer to help fix the roster, not Dorion making a stupid desperation move right now when the season has been over for months.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The nature of the East right now is that there will be multiple teams fighting tooth and nail for the playoffs every single year. We’re not going after rentals. Either go after the d man you love now. Or risk losing him to something else who will have him for several more years and wait for something else to become available.
I agree with the point you are making, but I would add one other one. Who should be making personnel decisions at this point? Is it PD, or should it be someone from the new regime that is about to take over? There's going to be Free Agency this summer so now is not the only time that players will be available.

Reactions: ksens

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I agree with the point you are making, but I would add one other one. Who should be making personnel decisions at this point? Is it PD, or should it be someone from the new regime that is about to take over? There's going to be Free Agency this summer so now is not the only time that players will be available.
Exactly. Any players available right now will have inflated trade value due to the TDL. The Sens don't need anyone for this season. They are out. The focus should be on unloading UFAs for whatever pics/prospects they can get. Address any long term roster needs in the off season with a new ownership/mgmt group.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think guys are a little too caught up in regime change. The NHL just extended the bidding timeline into March. There's a lot of interested parties. Proposals to buy the team will be large documents, each of which will require significant due diligence to analyze. Once all that analysis is done, I suspect the process will include bidder presentations, each of which needs to be scheduled, conducted, analyzed. Then once a decision is made, the BoG needs to vote on it but I suspect they'll convene a special meeting for that.

Earlier this week I saw an expected sale date in June. These things never take less time and in my experience dates are usually best case scenarios.

I won't be surprised if that June date is extended by months

Reactions: Ice-Tray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
From Ian's article on trade proposals, this proposal being Chychrun for Chabot straight up

Expert No. 1: “That’s an easy one for me. Arizona says no, but Ottawa says yes in my opinion. The term of the contract is a big thing and that’s a lot of years left on Chabot. And he’s got some holes in his game. I’m not saying Chychrun is perfect by any stretch, but let’s put it this way: If you put both guys on the market, I think Arizona is getting more for Chychrun than Ottawa is for Chabot. So I don’t see this as a one-for-one.”

Reactions: NB613

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think guys are a little too caught up in regime change. The NHL just extended the bidding timeline into March. There's a lot of interested parties. Proposals to buy the team will be large documents, each of which will require significant due diligence to analyze. Once all that analysis is done, I suspect the process will include bidder presentations, each of which needs to be scheduled, conducted, analyzed. Then once a decision is made, the BoG needs to vote on it but I suspect they'll convene a special meeting for that.

Earlier this week I saw an expected sale date in June. These things never take less time and in my experience dates are usually best case scenarios.

I won't be surprised if that June date is extended by months
There is always a BoG around the draft time in June, So might not need special meeting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Have you seen the FA d man list? I assure you the available d men for trade with term left is better.

Dorion is the GM of this team. Until he isn’t. If he’s not allowed to make moves then you know what fire him and bring in an interim figure head.

Handcuffing your team because new ownership is coming so nothing is allowed to happen would be embarrassing

People are romanticizing new ownership new GM. And yeah it’s time for both. But what do you think new ownership and GM are gonna do the second they get a hold of this team? Start looking for a top tier RD. And guess what. They won’t know who the f*** greig and pinto are lol. And will likely consider trading them without a second thiught.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosside

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
There is always a BoG around the draft time in June, So might not need special meeting.
Yes there is, but we might not have a decision by then.

The NHL is already on record saying the best value for the team isn't necessarily the highest number so the evaluation process is going to be extensive

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
PD needs a muzzle and have his phone/internet disconnected. The time is shortening every day to new ownership, which we all want and anticipate. Dorion should be one of the first changes announced. In no way should be allowed to sell off assets (with an added 2nd) to hamstring the development for the next number of years.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Exactly. Any players available right now will have inflated trade value due to the TDL. The Sens don't need anyone for this season. They are out. The focus should be on unloading UFAs for whatever pics/prospects they can get. Address any long term roster needs in the off season with a new ownership/mgmt group.
This makes no sense. You can unload pending UFAs and dead weight while simultaneously shopping for pieces you absolutely need to upgrade. One doesn't exclude you from the other. This is a buyer's market, and there's a number of RDs on the market who could fit the bill on a long term horizon for this team. Standing pat because you don't think a "lameduck" GM should be allowed to do anything while the team completes the sale process is f***ing ridiculous. The goal should always be to improve the team. Every chance you get. It's literally their job until they're fired.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Agreed
But at the same time if JC ,or whoever is the target, is dealt to let's say EDM for something everybody here would be ok to pay for (1st, prospect or whatever) , We are all going to unleash at PD
So not easy decision

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Anybody else getting tired of vague frivolous updates like these from the ‘insiders’? Doesn’t seem like any other have Tammy been on top of trades this year, Pierre just starting the obvious here…

Reactions: gab6511

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This makes no sense. You can unload pending UFAs and dead weight while simultaneously shopping for pieces you absolutely need to upgrade. One doesn't exclude you from the other. This is a buyer's market, and there's a number of RDs on the market who could fit the bill on a long term horizon for this team. Standing pat because you don't think a "lameduck" GM should be allowed to do anything while the team completes the sale process is f***ing ridiculous. The goal should always be to improve the team. Every chance you get. It's literally their job until they're fired.
I have zero faith that PD is capable of improving the team at the TDL. And the TDL is never a 'buyers' market'.

Also, why are you so confrontational and aggressive with your posts?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes, of course I have. I like Jensen = "one example". There are reasons for saying what I said.
Jensen will be highly sought after. One would think. I trust us acquiring a d man with term more than I trust us trying to sign 1 of 2 max 3 decent d men in FA. And if we don’t get them? We start next year desperately scrambling for another.

It’s really just preference at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad