Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Had you just picked up Tyson Jost on waivers, you wouldn’t need another center.

Dude has more points than our entire bottom 6. Same with Tolvenen.

God our pro scouting sucks.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Debrincat-Pinto-Batherson
Tolvenen-Jost-Joseph
Crrokshank-Greig-Gauthier
If money-in, money-out was the policy, no wonder we didn't take either guy. Would have added approx. 2mil each.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Acquiring Nic Jensen (with an extension) and Nic Dowd from the Capitals would be a solid, smart move.

Jensen could slide in nicely as a #4 and presumable would come in at $3.5-4M on a ~3 year deal. Dowd is signed for 2 more seasons at $1.3M and would be a significant improvement in the bottom 6 over Gambrell, Kelly, etc, and could take on the lead PK minutes from Motte and Watson.

Would also be interested in van Riemsdyk if Jensen is too expensive. Another unremarkable but solid player.

And just go ahead and add Charlie Lindgren to be our backup. One stop shopping.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Acquiring Nic Jensen (with an extension) and Nic Dowd from the Capitals would be a solid, smart move.

Jensen could slide in nicely as a #4 and presumable would come in at $3.5-4M on a ~3 year deal. Dowd is signed for 2 more seasons at $1.3M and would be a significant improvement in the bottom 6 over Gambrell, Kelly, etc, and could take on the lead PK minutes from Motte and Watson.

Would also be interested in van Riemsdyk if Jensen is too expensive. Another unremarkable but solid player.
Joseph for Jensen and Dowd, make it happen Dorion & MacLellan

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Dowd is intriguing but not sure they would trade him. They have 7 forwards slated to make over 5mil next year, plus Carlson & Kuemper also making over 5mil. They have $65mil committed to 9 forwards, two goalies and ONE DMan. Dowd brings them about 30pts per 82 for cheap. Unless they are fully rebuilding (which doesn't seem like the plan at all) I think Dowd would require real value to acquire.

Joseph for Jensen and Dowd, make it happen Dorion & MacLellan
You are at least a 2nd and additional good piece off here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So the last 20 games this year is your concern? The trades being discussed have long term implications, and this season is pretty close to a write off in terms of playoffs

Of course Pinto will get better, if not, he wouldn't have value in a trade for a guy like Chychrun, who isn't much older himself. But Chychrun is a long piece that will help us now and in the future, it would be different if we were talking about adding Patrick Kane, but this is adding someone who fits the core group, he's younger than Chabot, same age as Batherson, a year older than Norris and DeBrincat.
It's a lateral move for these 20 games to move one of Pinto or Grieg. It's the long term implications I don't like. Both of them are going to he really good players and will peaking at the same time as Stutzle and Sanderson. That's when the teams cup window opens up. Not now. If at that time they still need a d man then you can move one at their peak value. The sens cup windows is quite clearly not now.

Also right now you're paying peak pricing for immediate help. Sens aren't in a position to make moves like that. They arent a contender have bad long term injuries. They arent even a playoff team rn. They also have no prospect depth or picks. It's sad given how bad they've been. If Dorion had managed the assets properly they would have a gluttony of picks and prospects to make a move for someone. But he has tried trash bandaid fixes for the most part and the sens have nothing to show for it. They should be sellers. For when the team is right.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Friedman on radio again “ I mentioned Jensen for Ottawa today, now I wonder if Trevor Van Reimsdyk makes more sense for them”

This dude knows nothing.

To be fair to Friedman, he has so much content to fill up that he has to put out more than just what he knows. He also has to mix in his own thoughts and speculation. He's got sources and knows some things but he's just a hockey fan when it comes to his own thoughts.

Assen na yo!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Kasperi Kapanen on waivers. I personally think he would be a useful Formenton replacement.

Could be an attempt by the Penguins to ditch his cap to open up space for Chychrun, who they are apparently interested in.

Reactions: Hun

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Friedman on radio again “ I mentioned Jensen for Ottawa today, now I wonder if Trevor Van Reimsdyk makes more sense for them”

This dude knows nothing.
Seriously. No GM is telling Elliotte Friedman (or Pierre LeBrun, or David Pagnotta) the inner workings and up to the minute status of their current trade negotiations. All these "insiders" speculate just as much as we do, except they get paid for it.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Seriously. No GM is telling Elliotte Friedman (or Pierre LeBrun, or David Pagnotta) the inner workings and up to the minute status of their current trade negotiations. All these "insiders" speculate just as much as we do, except they get paid for it.

No they don't. All that is done on these boards is speculation.

Guys like Friedman, Dreger and LeBrun, et al certainly speculate but they have legitimate inside info. No GMs are not directly telling them intimate details, but they do talk, and I would suggest more of the insider info comes from agents and other connection inside organizations. Their speculation is usually based on other info they are hearing.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Guys like Friedman, Dreger and LeBrun, et al certainly speculate but they have legitimate inside info. No GMs are not directly telling them intimate details, but they do talk, and I would suggest more of the insider info comes from agents and other connection inside organizations. Their speculation is usually based on other info they are hearing.
Freidman is famous for

I believe….
I think …..

Pay more attention if he says
I’m hearing…..

Otherwise mostly speculation.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

The NHL is a business.

It has TV contracts that generate revenue. It's in the NHL's interest to create media hype, it's just good business to do so. So ya I think there's a certain amount of leakage that takes place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad