Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
The NHL is a business.

It has TV contracts that generate revenue. It's in the NHL's interest to create media hype, it's just good business to do so. So ya I think there's a certain amount of leakage that takes place

I am not saying they don't speculate, but to say they speculate as much as the posters here, is ridiculous. Plus when they speculate, I tend to think they have some other info that makes that speculation more probable at least.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Friedman on radio again “ I mentioned Jensen for Ottawa today, now I wonder if Trevor Van Reimsdyk makes more sense for them”

This dude knows nothing.
Speculation.

It’s a little boring that he said it as speculation. Would be more fun if he wa slike “Sens close to van riemsdyk”

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I am not saying they don't speculate, but to say they speculate as much as the posters here, is ridiculous. Plus when they speculate, I tend to think they have some other info that makes that speculation more probable at least.
For sure ya

R2010

May 23, 2011
Could be an attempt by the Penguins to ditch his cap to open up space for Chychrun, who they are apparently interested in.

Yeah. They're tight to the cap and it challenges all their moves whether IR or otherwise. I think worst case scenario we retain half his salary next year and get a pick. He's only 26.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Kasperi Kapanen on waivers. I personally think he would be a useful Formenton replacement.
Trade Joseph for Kapanen - Kapanen has two years less term then Joseph this would free up money at the end of next year when kk contract expires.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Future considerations needs to be done away with.

I find it incredible that we gave up murray plusbretained salary and got nothing back.

And then Zaitsev plus a 2 plus a 4th. Aaaaaand we got nothing back. Like just give a 7th back

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Then the sens have a hole at center. Trading rookie centermen men when you're 12th in the conference with your #1 center and your #1 goalie out for the season makes absolutely no sense. Terrifying times to be a sens fan. Can't believe how short sighted this board is. They aren't winning anything this year. Mortgaging the future when your two best players are 21 and 20 is idiotic.

You experiencing one of your random fits again?

Chychrun is 24. Pesce is 28. Both are top pairing defenders playing in the most coveted position in hockey and in their primes.

How in God's green earth is that short-sighted. This isn't just about now. It's now AND the future. Either should only be considered if we know we have an excellent shot at re-signing them. Chychrun wants to be here, we know that. He said so. We'd be able to extend Pesce this off-season.

Very unusual response from you. Short-sighted post.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Chychrun is 24. Pesce is 28. Both are top pairing defenders playing in the most coveted position in hockey and in their primes.

How in God's green earth is that short-sighted. This isn't just about now. It's now AND the future. Either should only be considered if we know we have an excellent shot at re-signing them. Chychrun wants to be here, we know that. He said so. We'd be able to extend Pesce this off-season.

Is it really that unreasonable for a fan to be concerned about a likely lame duck GM trying to make a job saving trade under immense pressure?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Future considerations needs to be done away with.

I find it incredible that we gave up murray plusbretained salary and got nothing back.

And then Zaitsev plus a 2 plus a 4th. Aaaaaand we got nothing back. Like just give a 7th back
So change it to 2nd + 3rd for a 7th back? I don’t think it will change anything, the scales will balance

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Mines short sighted? You've made up an accelerated timeline based on impatience.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
My analysis is that our forwards are good good and our dmen are bad bad bad bad but if we trade good for bad bad we'd only be good bad which would lead to us winning more overall.

E5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Please don't let Dorion make any big trades at the dead line.
He has had his run.. he has tried to fix mistakes by trading picks.
The AHL team is not very good.. the NHL prospects there are not very good.
We have a couple 3rd liners in the system maybe.
DeBrincat was a flashy trade at the expense of quality depth .. The return will drop after the TDL. Signing him will hamstring other areas that need to be solidified to move towards a legit playoff team.
The price on Chychrun is too high to allow Dorion to execute that trade.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Please don't let Dorion make any big trades at the dead line.
He has had his run.. he has tried to fix mistakes by trading picks.
The AHL team is not very good.. the NHL prospects there are not very good.
We have a couple 3rd liners in the system maybe.
DeBrincat was a flashy trade at the expense of quality depth .. The return will drop after the TDL. Signing him will hamstring other areas that need to be solidified to move towards a legit playoff team.
The price on Chychrun is too high to allow Dorion to execute that trade.
Aside from moving out UFAs to any team desperate enough to take them, I hope he does nothing.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad