Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The shit reality to our current situation is that our team is about to be sold.

As a result the board of governors have told Pierre “Listen, bud, you’re still in charge - you just can’t spend any more money or use cap space to your advantage. Sorry. Hope that doesn’t inconvenience you.”

Do you guys really think that Pierre wouldn’t have LTIR’d Norris and Forsberg in the last few weeks leading up to the deadline knowing they won’t be healthy for a cup run?

We could have actually weaponized cap space like Chicago just did, taking on expiring contracts for picks to make trades - or making waiver claims - or literally anything but all of our players are on back loaded deals so Pierre is between a rock and a hard place.
They were LTIR’d to open up 2 roster spots, otherwise max extra players would be one that Sens could carry.

LTIR only creates extra salary room if closer to cap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It is however infinitely more likely to help them than not having the first
I feel like orlov would help more.

I'm not so sure about us being that deep at center. Norris and Pinto have a history of shoulder issues. Timmy is still adjusting to the position. And Greg isn't a full time NHLer quite yet (who also has some injury history).

It feels like we're rushing the gun. Wait til summer at least.
They’re not gonna be any less or more injury prone in the summer

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
They were LTIR’d to open up 2 roster spots, otherwise max extra players would be one that Sens could carry.

LTIR only creates extra salary room if closer to cap.

As it currently sits the players are on injured reserve - which I thought means they still count against the cap. Only once the player goes to LTIR does cap space open up is how I think the system works.

I’m just going off capfriendly though and I may be mistaken about those rules in general.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'm ok with hockey trades where we flip a position of strength for an area of weakness, flipping Pinto in a package for Chychrun is a bit like Clb flipping Johansen for Jones. They were about the same age, 2 years apart, and just allowed both teams to fill a position of need by moving a posting strength.
I could live with that. I am not interested however in attaching a high pick to one of those guys, as Chychrun’s injury history scares the shit out of me.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
As it currently sits the players are on injured reserve - which I thought means they still count against the cap. Only once the player goes to LTIR does cap space open up is how I think the system works.

I’m just going off capfriendly though and I may be mistaken about those rules in general.
My bad misread, thought you said they were on LTIR.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
It looks like they barely gave anything up because their first round pick is so late.

If we gave up our first we would all take a shit.
Agreed. Any GM who trades an early to middle 1st round pick in the draft year of Connor Bedard, for a team that has even a remote chance of falling into the lottery, should be summarily fired.

Btw - no team can advance more than 10 spots, so any 1st round spot traded near center pack (at present) better be lottery protected!

Last edited:

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Very interesting perspective.

Given how NHL ready each of Pinot and Greig are, I think i'm at the stage where I'd rather offer both Boucher + Thomson or JBD to see if another team will bite. If its not enough, I want to say I'd move Pinto because of his shoulder injury and what I perceive as Greig ahving a higher ceiling. Still it'll sting regardless, Pinto is developing fine as a 3C with a good shot for goals.,
Pinot Grieg-io... Makes for a great line name - The Wine Line! lol

I'm totally lost on which of the two I would move, Pinto or Greig. Aside from Stü, I have been saying I think Pinto is a diamond in the rough. I haven't seen enough of Grieg. I think he is deferring way too much to veterans at present. I see all kinds of potential, his knowing where to be, his speed, nose for the net.

I like your thinking re trading a developing D, especially given we would be bringing in a D who would eat an available spot for those we are developing. Makes much sense to me. Good call.

Reactions: bicboi64
Oct 10, 2010
Friedman says we aren’t after Chychrun, Karlsson or Parayko( thank god) mentions Jensen and Dumba (arguably worst d man on the market) as fits.

We’ll probably end up getting the D-man that nobody wants that being Dumba lmao

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Hmm - Friedman mentions Jensen who I also thought would be a good target about a month or 2 ago.

I'd think it's better to just wait until the summer when he hits Free Agency. Then all it costs is money versus assets & hopefully we could get him at a reasonable price. He only has a $2.5 m cap hit on his current contract.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Friedman says we aren’t after Chychrun, Karlsson or Parayko( thank god) mentions Jensen and Dumba (arguably worst d man on the market) as fits.

Maybe dumba may be rejuvenated here with Chabot or Sanderson

Also I’m beginning to get the sense that teams are starting to use Friedman as the “official leak guy”. So yeah get Friedman. To say we aren’t interested in chychrun or whomever and let us sneak in.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016

He actually mentioned he could not confirm or deny on Parayko

Gavrikov and Schenn are the only other guys on the market I can think of, along with Roy/Walker and Weegar

I also thought about Jones but with the Zaitsev to Chicago trade that's likely a no go

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Dorion will get another Hamonic level D-man and call it the best day of his life. PD needs to be sequestered away from cell service for the next 8 days.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Would freaking love Jensen. Age is a little concern but would offer him a 3 year contract.
Not perfect but a good addition I thought for quite some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad