Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we getting Chychrun, you gotta think Chabot going to be sent packing in next 2 years.

Chabot
Sanderson
Chychrun

On left side makes no sense.

We need a RD. I would be much more inclined to trade Greig for Pesce. And I LOVE Greig.
Did having Hedman, McDonaugh and Sergachev make no sense as the lightning won back to back cups and 3 consecutive SCF appearances?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Then the sens have a hole at center. Trading rookie centermen men when you're 12th in the conference with your #1 center and your #1 goalie out for the season makes absolutely no sense. Terrifying times to be a sens fan. Can't believe how short sighted this board is. They aren't winning anything this year. Mortgaging the future when your two best players are 21 and 20 is idiotic.
I might be missing something here, but we've currently got 4 centers with top 6 potential in Stü, Norris, Pinto and Greig, trading one of them for a Dman is pretty much the definition is trading a position of strength for a position of need,

Or are you just worried about being short a 3rd line center for the final 20 games of this season?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I might be missing something here, but we've currently got 4 centers with top 6 potential in Stü, Norris, Pinto and Greig, trading one of them for a Dman is pretty much the definition is trading a position of strength for a position of need,

Or are you just worried about being short a 3rd line center for the final 20 games of this season?
He's always first in line to complain. These guys are trying to improve the roster, at the position we clearly need to improve, and he calls it shortsighted. :laugh:

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa

I agree that its harder to get a top4 RD than a 3rd line centre, and that the D would provide better results than having a 2 3rd line centres. On the flipside theres the cost certainty / longer term on these young centres. Just hope the D they target is the right one and they dont lose having the “right” centre depth/talent for nothing… not confident they find the best fit.

For the right position, person, salary, term… one of Pinto/Grieg should absolutely be made available.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm ok with hockey trades where we flip a position of strength for an area of weakness, flipping Pinto in a package for Chychrun is a bit like Clb flipping Johansen for Jones. They were about the same age, 2 years apart, and just allowed both teams to fill a position of need by moving a posting strength.

Reactions: NB613

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Uh Boston barely gave anything up for Orlov and Hathaway. Why can't we do that ever...
Guerin (Minn's GM) and Sweeney (Boston's) played 2 years together in Boston. Maybe they became friend.

Hockey is a small world where nepotism is happening quite often.

And dealing with friends.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Guerin (Minn's GM) and Sweeney (Boston's) played 2 years together in Boston. Maybe they became friend.

Hockey is a small world where nepotism is happening quite often.

And dealing with friends.
Guerin had nothing to do other than retain and get a 5th in that deal

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No futures should be traded right now unless it's for a long term solution.

I've no interest in trading a first rounder only to get bent over by Boston. We might score 2 ES goals in that series.
I don’t know if I agree with this mentality. 8 teams make the playoffs. They’re not all cup favorites. I agree about long term solution. But even if we get a long term solution we’re still gonna get beat by Boston.

There’s a stage in a franchise’s cycle in between shit rebuilding team and perennial cup favorite. And that’s when you make the playoffs and are the 8th seed. The 7th seed. Not the favorite in your series.

Then the sens have a hole at center. Trading rookie centermen men when you're 12th in the conference with your #1 center and your #1 goalie out for the season makes absolutely no sense. Terrifying times to be a sens fan. Can't believe how short sighted this board is. They aren't winning anything this year. Mortgaging the future when your two best players are 21 and 20 is idiotic.
Odds are we aren’t winning anything ever. No Canadian team has won in how long? In the last 4 years there’s been only two cup champs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

It's not a position of strength when one is hurt. Or the fact that two of them are rookies. They're gonna get better... I am worried the sens are trading players now when they have no chance to win right now and there are other alternatives to find a number 4 d man. The motive of the lame duck GM who has made countless terrible trades from the pro side is trying to save his job instead of sticking with the plan and build a perennial Contender. Like this team was from 1999 to 2008. When they had a real chance to compete for a cup.

Last edited:

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Guerin had nothing to do other than retain and get a 5th in that deal
Exactly

for 50% of Orlov cap hit - 2.55M it costs a 5th - almost a 6th, and little of salary for the remainder of this year and an improved chance for the SCup

We trade Zaitsev, for a full year it cost us a nice 2nd this year and a 4th in 2026

Is it just me or Boston's deal is a lot better?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Odds are we aren’t winning anything ever. No Canadian team has won in how long? In the last 4 years there’s been only two cup champs.
Your excuse to do something stupid is because the odds of winning are poor? This can't be real. I am sorry when I endure 6 years of losing on purpose I can wait 20 more games when its obvious the team isn't there yet. 2020 draft is the defining draft for this franchise. Once those players mature is the time to make decisive moves. Trading the players from that draft in their rookie season is not the answer because new ownership is coming and you want to save your job.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Exactly

for 50% of Orlov cap hit - 2.55M it costs a 5th - almost a 6th, and little of salary for the remainder of this year and an improved chance for the SCup

We trade Zaitsev, for a full year it cost us a nice 2nd this year and a 4th in 2026

Well, yeah.

Zaitsev is a negative asset. The team taking him on, fully, is to be compensated appropriately.

Minny took on nothing, other than the cap hit and money owed to Orlov, which is much less than 2.55M.

They took ~1 million cap hit, for a pick.

Chicago took a cap hit this year, 100% cap next year, and 100% salary next year for a negative asset

Minny and Chicago aren't comparable whatsoever in the deals

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Your excuse to do something stupid is because the odds of winning are poor? This can't be real. I am sorry when I endure 6 years of losing on purpose I can wait 20 more games when its obvious the team isn't there yet. 2020 draft is the defining draft for this franchise. Once those players mature is the time to make decisive moves. Trading the players from that draft in their rookie season is not the answer because new ownership is coming and you want to save your job.
I don’t think trading for a top 4 d man with term is stupid. Yeah and when they mature we will have more picks to trade You get a new set of pics every year.

Like yeah if we trade a first for Tyler Myers I’m obviously not down for that.

But. This seems to be the season of available RD lol. And available top 4 d in general.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's not a position of strength when one is hurt. Or the fact that two of them are rookies. They're gonna get better... I am worried the sens are trading players now when they have no chance to win right now and there are other alternatives to find a number 4 d man. The motive of the lame duck GM who has made countless terrible trades from the pro side is trying to save his job instead of sticking with the plan and build a perennial Contender. Like this team was from 1999 to 2008. When they had a real chance to compete for a cup.
So the last 20 games this year is your concern? The trades being discussed have long term implications, and this season is pretty close to a write off in terms of playoffs

Of course Pinto will get better, if not, he wouldn't have value in a trade for a guy like Chychrun, who isn't much older himself. But Chychrun is a long piece that will help us now and in the future, it would be different if we were talking about adding Patrick Kane, but this is adding someone who fits the core group, he's younger than Chabot, same age as Batherson, a year older than Norris and DeBrincat.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Got to hand it to Washington for seeing the writing on the wall this year. The east is a blood bath and sometimes you just need to take a step back. Capitalize (pun intended) on the value gained from a hot market and accept that it isn’t your year. We will play meaningful games in March but I hope Dorion isn’t burning our future to the ground for the sliver of a chance to get smashed against the absolutely stacked east this year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lebrun said were not in on Chychrun
Lebrun dumb

Got to hand it to Washington for seeing the writing on the wall this year. The east is a blood bath and sometimes you just need to take a step back. Capitalize (pun intended) on the value gained from a hot market and accept that it isn’t your year. We will play meaningful games in March but I hope Dorion isn’t burning our future to the ground for the sliver of a chance to get smashed against the absolutely stacked east this year.
Meh. That late first is likely to never help them in any sort of meaningful way.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

I get what you're saying. Maybe push hard the next 2 summers for the best d in UFA. Like when we brought in Gonchar.

That way we can keep Pinto or Greig.

Reactions: bert

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

This is exactly what I am afraid of Dorion doing, him thinking we have any sort of chance this year is asinine.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Exactly

Sens paid a second for next year and a 4th for the rest of this year, I’d say close to similar for this year.
Leafs paid a fifth for 78k retention this year

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not so sure about us being that deep at center. Norris and Pinto have a history of shoulder issues. Timmy is still adjusting to the position. And Greg isn't a full time NHLer quite yet (who also has some injury history).

It feels like we're rushing the gun. Wait til summer at least.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The shit reality to our current situation is that our team is about to be sold.

As a result the board of governors have told Pierre “Listen, bud, you’re still in charge - you just can’t spend any more money or use cap space to your advantage. Sorry. Hope that doesn’t inconvenience you.”

Do you guys really think that Pierre wouldn’t have LTIR’d Norris and Forsberg in the last few weeks leading up to the deadline knowing they won’t be healthy for a cup run?

We could have actually weaponized cap space like Chicago just did, taking on expiring contracts for picks to make trades - or making waiver claims - or literally anything but all of our players are on back loaded deals so Pierre is between a rock and a hard place.

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
In my opinion, Washington has an aging core so they have to go for that rebuild/retool sooner than later. We still have a very young core, we should build off that and improve the team with futures. I just hope Dorion use our future wisely to improve the team and not waste them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad