Pasta 1.33PPG..... 11.25MM$

Giroux 1.00PPG.....6.25MM$

I would take 2 Giroux over 1 Pasta give or take

I know different age and bla bla but still lol

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't get Detroit selling off good assets even though they feel they might be out of the playoff picture at this point. Like, they're still supposed to be entering their playoff contender window soon so why give away a player like Bertuzzi? I don't get what the plan is.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't get Detroit selling off good assets even though they feel they might be out of the playoff picture at this point. Like, they're still supposed to be entering their playoff contender window soon so why give away a player like Bertuzzi? I don't get what the plan is.
Maybe they realized they won't be able to compete at the same time as the Sens and Sabres. Things are too crowded right now in the Atlantic, so it's probably better to delay things a couple years and wait until some of Boston or Tampa starting falling off.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think contract talks fell apart and they dont want him to walk

Nobody. I don't think they want to take anyone off the roster and we are sitting at 23 right now.

Domi is a cock.
asking price is a 2nd for domi so probably goes for less

he would be an upgrade on Pinto at the 2C role.

Sens should find some depth down the middle

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean it was pretty obvious their team is way too soft. I know you dont like it but having a small not overly fast back end does not work against a heavy forcheck. They dont have a superstar forward to build around either. Yzerman made the right decision. He is building from the net out, they will have Edvinsson soon too. Wonder if they are trying to clear cap to sign some UFA's next year while maximizing assets like Bertuzzi.

Domi is the perfect fit

fits our style
Dont think so at all. This team plays its best when its heavy on the forcheck. I want a big guy centering that third line that can skate. They have enough small forwards.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
i think contract talks fell apart and they dont want him to walk

asking price is a 2nd for domi so probably goes for less

he would be an upgrade on Pinto at the 2C role.

Sens should find some depth down the middle

It appears the lack of contract talks was more on Yzerman's end though. Don't think it's wise of them to lose one of their only gritty players lol.

And I agree I'd take a shot at Domi for the rest of this season if he comes at such a cheap price. Clear upgrade on Pinto for now, and we can just let him walk this summer.

Like why the f*** would we not try this as we attempt to make the playoffs down the stretch?

Tkachuk - Stu - Giroux
DBC - Domi - Batherson
Joseph - Pinto - Gauthier
Brassard - Kastelic - Watson

Along with the addition of Chychrun on D, that's a good lineup should we make the playoffs. Might even win a round.

Reactions: HSF

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I think the plan is to take advantage of stupid deadline prices, get nice assets and then use the resulting cap space to acquire players in the off-season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It appears the lack of contract talks was more on Yzerman's end though. Don't think it's wise of them to lose one of their only gritty players lol.

And I agree I'd take a shot at Domi for the rest of this season if he comes at such a cheap price. Clear upgrade on Pinto for now, and we can just let him walk this summer.
agreed

other players I was looking at is Bjugstad who is probably worse than Pinto or taking a huge risk on Monahan and see if he returns

not many centres avaliable. think Domi is a good fit

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Domi lets us move Pinto down to the 3C spot

Bjugstad would be a good pick up too

There is not much else out there that's worth it at center

Reactions: PM and HSF

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So when GM PD sleeps off his celebratory hangover, he should be good for another deal? Talbot and Holden perhaps?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So when GM PD sleeps off his celebratory hangover, he should be good for another deal? Talbot and Holden perhaps?
I think they keep them at this point since we are going for it

Talbot we need unless there is another goalie that we are bringing in like Veggie

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
agreed

other players I was looking at is Bjugstad who is probably worse than Pinto or taking a huge risk on Monahan and see if he returns

not many centres avaliable. think Domi is a good fit
Teams building an identity Domi doesnt fit, guy ripped Columbus after he left said he friends actually like going to the games in Chicago, hes a loser. Pinto stays in the 2 hole and Bjustad plays on the third line. Just have a big heavy bottom 6 that punishes the opposition. Thats winning hockey. Dont need Domi floating trying back hand toe drags.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

They are not that good, plain and simple. They spent a lot on vets to help the team and insulate the young players, but some of those acquisitions were poor and their young core isn't all there yet. Outside Seider and Raymond, who is there that's an impending stud? And Raymond is not the type of player to pin all your offensive hopes on, he will be good but not as key as Stutzle for example. They have Edvinsson in the pipeline but need way more star power up front, their rebuild is still going.

Reactions: ijif

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Trying to find a potentially available center not named Domi/Bjugstad and it gets kinda gross kinda quick.

Nick Bonino? Vlad Namestnikov? Derek Grant? Pius Suter?

Also, if people think Bjugstad plays a heavy game because of his size, you're going to be disappointed.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Teams building an identity Domi doesnt fit, guy ripped Columbus after he left said he friends actually like going to the games in Chicago, hes a loser. Pinto stays in the 2 hole and Bjustad plays on the third line. Just have a big heavy bottom 6 that punishes the opposition. Thats winning hockey. Dont need Domi floating trying back hand toe drags.
Bjugstad is big but I wouldnt say he plays heavy

Im okay with that add though. I suspect a few teams will go after Domi not sure if Ottawa will compete with that

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'm staying away from Domi. He can play but not sure I like his demeanor. Bjugstad likely means another pick. We have 2 2024 4ths and also a 2025 3rd

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd be shocked if we added anyone. I don't think Dorion wants to remove anyone off the roster. We all want Gambrell upgraded but we have no idea what that would do to the team chemistry.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think he gets more as a UFA. Probably 13 or so.
Ya he definitely left some on the table. Not like in the past though.

Boston has saved enough AAV on guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, Krecji to squeak an extra 1.5 decent hockey players out of it.

I'm hoping DeBrincat is up for leaving some on the table. We can't fit him otherwise

Reactions: bert and DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If we are going to add someone it would ideally be a C/RW that can fill in at center this year and then potentially shift to RW to replace Joseph on a much cheaper salary for next season.

Nic Dowd would be perfect. Signed for two more years at only 1.2M. Doubt he's on the table though.

Travis Boyd (1 more year at 1.75M)
Colin Blackwell (1 more year at 1.2M)
Rasmus Kupari (RFA)
Pontus Holmberg (RFA)
etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad