Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Even if we get rid of Talbot + Joseph and with Hamonic + Holden coming off the books?
That's keeping Joseph but no Talbot or Hamonic or Holden. Joseph would open up about 2 mil because you still need a warm body to replace him on the roster

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
That's keeping Joseph but no Talbot or Hamonic or Holden. Joseph would open up about 2 mil because you still need a warm body to replace him on the roster
Yeah it will be tight next year to add an experienced goalie, but they can roll with Forsberg/Soogard and then wait for the inevitable injury of one of our top players to gain some cap room ;)

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I think how the team is rolling (24-14-3 since Nov 25 vs Anahiem) plus the addition of Chychrun, I could see Cat committing to the team now. Up and coming team with a strong top 6, strong defence.. playing with a superstar in Stützle.. you couldn’t really ask for anything more

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For sure his number will be over 8

So basically

Zaitsev, 9 picks for DeBrincat and Chychrun. Nicely done PD!
I would not involve the Fixing of the Zaitsev mistake with either acquisition.

That cleanup re Zaitsev is separate He's messed up plenty.. the value paid for DBC and Chychrun in isolation was good but DBC either should have come with an extension at a good price or not be done .. he'll lose value on that one too.

Chychrun value is there

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
We don't need DeBrincat at 8-9 million

I'd rather have someone like C. Brown or Formenton, with Norris back and healthy. Not to mention Pinto and Greig coming along nicely, as well

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy and swiftwin

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
It seems like most of the big trades are done here but its time for Ottawa to third party retain some salary for expiring contracts.
Defo need to recoup some picks now

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
(someone reasonable) - Norris - Batherson
R. Grieg - Pinto - Joseph
??? - ??? - ???

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Chychrun
??? - ???

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I would not involve the Fixing of the Zaitsev mistake with either acquisition.

That cleanup re Zaitsev is separate He's messed up plenty.. the value paid for DBC and Chychrun in isolation was good but DBC either should have come with an extension at a good price or not be done .. he'll lose value on that one too.

Chychrun value is there
This is a video game, chess piece, asset mgmt view.

That's not really how this works. Yes, it's likely that if DeBrincat doesn't sign here, we won't recoup the assets we gave up. But we've got a 20 game stretch coming here that is going to go a long way to educating our young players. We're adding. They're gaining experience. DeBrincat being here has certainly helped put us in this position so if we don't recoup the assets, there's still significant benefit from the experience

See the bit here from Alfie that was in the Athletic the other day.

"They’re not throwing away games and giving up easy goals any more,” said Alfredsson. “The product is there. They’re missing a few pieces. More than anything, I think they’re missing experience.”

They're gaining that experience.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Pasta is a great scorer but he's almost a third more expensive than Tkachuk and Stutzle.

And that's still a fair deal for Pasta.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is a video game, chess piece, asset mgmt view.

That's not really how this works. Yes, it's likely that if DeBrincat doesn't sign here, we won't recoup the assets we gave up. But we've got a 20 game stretch coming here that is going to go a long way to educating our young players. We're adding. They're gaining experience. DeBrincat being here has certainly helped put us in this position so if we don't recoup the assets, there's still significant benefit from the experience

See the bit here from Alfie that was in the Athletic the other day.

"They’re not throwing away games and giving up easy goals any more,” said Alfredsson. “The product is there. They’re missing a few pieces. More than anything, I think they’re missing experience.”

They're gaining that experience.
its just a view ... I don't play Video games .., Not sure how this is a video game perspective. But whatever ..,. Not sure you can post without an insult. And I am not sure why you think its necessary. Something I would worry about more than any hockey opinion post.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
They had no choice to be honest.

They are cup favorites this year so I don't think they are worrying too much about the future.
No, I understand, he's one of the game's elite players but how good will he be without a great supporting cast around him?

I look at their window and I'm thinking it's this year and maybe next year. What do they have after that? Haven't hit on a draft pick since Swayman in 2017. Have traded away almost all their draft capital incl. 2018 1st, 2020 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2nd in 2023, 2024, 2025. I don't know what the alternative would have been but I'm really happy we don't have that problem because that's the kind of contract that decimates your team depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad