Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Could mean getting screwed over next season if he has a breakout year.

We're going to be in a cap crunch after next season too, depending on what happens with the cap.

Sanderson is going to need a big extension and that will pretty much eat all of our cap space that opens up and more, since the only money coming off the books next year is about 5M from buyouts and Murray's retained salary.

I'd rather bridge him for 2 years.
Lots of space in 2 years.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I find it funny that the difference between Chychrun and Hronek was a 2026 2nd round pick.
It was surprising to see Hronek traded. Can't recall hearing a peep about that. Steve Yzerman showed his eye remains very much on the future of the rebuild.

From what I read, Detroit received:
  • 1st in 2023 (from Islanders), top 12 protected.
  • 2nd in 2023 (from Vancouver)
Vancouver receives from Detroit:
  • Hronek
  • 4th round pick, 2023
The deal gives the Wings their own and the New York Islanders' first-round picks in 2023. The deal also gives the Wings three picks in the second round: Their own, the St. Louis Blues' pick from last year's trade-deadline deal, and the Canucks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ottawa receives Chychrun for:
  • 1st in 2023, top 5 protected
  • 2nd in 2024
  • 2nd in 2026

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully Dorion has the financial flexibility to be a 3rd party broker and grab a couple of 3rds.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I don’t think that has anything to do with ownership.

Not directly, but I was thinking more along the lines of new ownership cleaning house and asking the question if new brass give that another look.

Strange situation, but there's still no official direct link to Formenton after all this time.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Happy to see the Senators adding a big relatively young D for the remainder of this season and the future.

I would rather have kept the 2023 first and given the 2024 first. The other picks are better lost than Pinto, Greg, & Kleven.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pinto is a 10.2, just give him 1.25-1.5 on a 1 year deal.

I think a 2 year deal would be ideal. In the 2-3m range can work. Expires same time as Chychurn and Giroux. Hopefully the cap sees a good bump by the time Sanderson is due for an extension.

Reactions: bert and Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
cap bump might lead to Chychrun Sandy and Chabot long term

Lets get itttttttt

Going into the season I thought Pinto would get 3mill on a bridge but I doubt he gets that now. He is less than 3

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
I think we go after Domi next

He looked pretty good against us a couple of weeks ago, although anyone looks good playing with Kane. Imagine a scenario where we still trade for RD.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Pinto - Batherson
Joseph - Domi - Gauthier
Brassard - Kastelic - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Chychrun - Dumba
Sanderson - Hamonic

Talbot
Sogaard

I should note that I've been drinking since the trade was announced.

• Haha
Reactions: Bileur and Que

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
He looked pretty good against us a couple of weeks ago, although anyone looks good playing with Kane. Imagine a scenario where we still trade for RD.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
DeBrincat - Pinto - Batherson
Joseph - Domi - Gauthier
Brassard - Kastelic - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Chychrun - Dumba
Sanderson - Hamonic

Talbot
Sogaard

I should note that I've been drinking since the trade was announced.
No Fumba /Dumba for us! We probably need a physical vet D-Man as our 5-6 pairing, like Mayfield or that type of lower cost but more likely to be a JBD.

Domi is 2:30pm EST call to Chicago and see what a 6th round pick will get you! Revenge for the Zaitsev deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad