Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I think we go after Domi next
I don't know about Domi specifically, apparently Chicago management likes him and he's still young enough to contribute in a retool.

The core idea is sound though. We need a center who can play above the 4th line, who would have to come from an non-playoff team. Due to budget reasons (and future roster construction) the player would have to be a pure rental. They'd also have to have some flaw that makes them affordable asset-wise and unlikely to be re-signed by their original team. Large contract isn't likely a big deterrent for us as it would most teams.

Only guy who stands out, to me, is Pius Suter. We had him in our camps before he signed in Chicago as a FA. So we know some of our scouts liked him at some point. He's not in Detroit's future plans and0 Detroit looks like they're sellers after today. They're unlikely to get anything good for him. He's the closest thing to a top-6 rental forward available for a mid-round pick, IMO. His points are down but his scoring per game is actually up despite the low ice-time. Almost all his points are even-strength, doesn't turn the puck over. Underlying metrics are okay.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Hold up.

I want Toronto to trade to Bertuzzi, and the media to fall over themselves fawning at ‘such a magnificent trade’ - only for Pierre to trade for Tom Wilson and have trade centre cut to commercial.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Ryan Reynolds needs to push whatever owner to get on with it and acquire the team already (yeah, I know there's boring process and paperwork and stuff involved)! He's potentially missing out on great TV material if we go on a crazy run to end the season!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think we go after Domi next
You know what? After initially being disgusted, and after having taken the time to clean the vomit from my clothes and rug, I though more about it and it’s not a bad fit as a pure rental.

Would definitely be an offensive punch in the arm and upgrade on Brass/Joseph for PP2.

Reactions: ThaShow

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Vancouver acquiring Hronek was a bit surprising, as was Detroit giving him up. Figured he'd be a fixture on Detroits D in the long run.

Wish the Pens gave up more for Granlund. Wonder if Nashville sells off anymore pieces

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Besides Pius Suter, here are some other candidates:

1. Monahan (if he can stay healthy for 5 minutes)
2. Namestnikov (but he'd probably require a decent pick)
3. Derek Grant (has been known to be decent for stretches)
4. Bonino (not really a center anymore but can take a faceoff)
5. Bjugstad (obvious choice but will likely return a moderate pick)
6. Jankowski (pure depth but he's a legitimate NHL player and can win a faceoff)
7. Drouin (I wouldn't touch this with a 10-ft pole)
8. Tierney (Sigh, please god, no)
9. Sundqvist (like bonino can take a draw but plays mostly wing)
10. Eric Staal (Won't happen since Florida is still "in it", but he'd be ideal)

I really can't think of anyone else where is available.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Besides Pius Suter, here are some other candidates:

1. Monahan (if he can stay healthy for 5 minutes)
2. Namestnikov (but he'd probably require a decent pick)
3. Derek Grant (has been known to be decent for stretches)
4. Bonino (not really a center anymore but can take a faceoff)
5. Bjugstad (obvious choice but will likely return a moderate pick)
6. Jankowski (pure depth but he's a legitimate NHL player and can win a faceoff)
7. Drouin (I wouldn't touch this with a 10-ft pole)
8. Tierney (Sigh, please god, no)
9. Sundqvist (like bonino can take a draw but plays mostly wing)
10. Eric Staal (Won't happen since Florida is still "in it", but he'd be ideal)

I really can't think of anyone else where is available.
Think top 5 are all better than Gambrell and think this is a large hole in our roster given Norris’ injury (ie - Brassard/Gambrell) as 3rd line C is not a good recipe for a push for playoffs. So given that, so long as its anything but a 1st/2nd Round pick would be happy.

Have a feeling its #2…

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No Fumba /Dumba for us! We probably need a physical vet D-Man as our 5-6 pairing, like Mayfield or that type of lower cost but more likely to be a JBD.

Domi is 2:30pm EST call to Chicago and see what a 6th round pick will get you! Revenge for the Zaitsev deal.
That's Hamonic....

Domi is gonna go for way more than the sens can afford and he isn't a fit here anyway. They need a big physical mobile guy. Bjustadt or maybe Bonino but I am not sure about his skating. Henrique would be good but he's probably too expensive from a cost and asset perspective.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's Hamonic....

Domi is gonna go for way more than the sens can afford and he isn't a fit here anyway. They need a big physical mobile guy. Bjustadt or maybe Bonino but I am not sure about his skating. Henrique would be good but he's probably too expensive from a cost and asset perspective.
The extra season on Henrique at his cap number could also be problematic..For me let Greig play some more ahl games and call him up later..No need to give away assets on players that are likely little to no use to us after this season

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You know what? After initially being disgusted, and after having taken the time to clean the vomit from my clothes and rug, I though more about it and it’s not a bad fit as a pure rental.

Would definitely be an offensive punch in the arm and upgrade on Brass/Joseph for PP2.
I'd pick up Domi just so I could put him on waivers

Senovision

May 23, 2011
A lot of trades made before TSN trade deadline show there may not be many trades to be made tomorrow. I think James Duthie will keep Lester Mclean busy ( who i once played on a line with in a beer league hockey game in Toronto) playing a lot of songs during the broadcast.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I think Ottawa should trade E.Brannstrom for J.Lauzon from Nashville. We would likely have to add, but I think we have the pieces to get it done.

Lauzon - Hamonic would be a good 3rd pair IMO

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
hope sens will add minimum 1 player , maye two tomorrow.. cheap 3-4 line players

hope also about GK, i mean saros :D

p.s one question also . can we trade 24 first round pick, ( i mean too many conditional about jacobs trade) or 25s first round pick, ?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Capspace looking tight next year,

Assuming we sign DeBrincat at 8, Pinto at 1.75, and Brannstrom at 1.5, filing in the rest with ELC and <1 mil deals, we'll have about 500k in space. Hope they increase the cap a touch more than projected, an extra 1.5 to 2 mil would give us the flexibility we need for injury callups, otherwise we probably need to dump Joseph

As an aside, getting a experienced starting goalie will be a challenge

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think it’s now clear Debrincat won’t be on the roster if he accepts his QO as he won’t fit.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think it’s now clear Debrincat won’t be on the roster if he accepts his QO as he won’t fit.
He needs to look at his situation...How many teams realistically would be interested in him at 9 mil for 7 to 8 years?? My guess would be not many...

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
IDK we have a real good up and coming team + new ownership coming in.. there is a lot to like about this team from a players perspective.
Hypothetically even if he hates the city (just based on his character I doubt hes a big city type of guy) there is still a lot of reason I can see him wanting to stay. If he truly wants a shot at the cup right here is probably his best bet

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
With Chychrun and with a push, gotta think we can make one more solid bottom 6 trade with the plethora of pieces we saved from moving for Chychrun.

I am still puzzled how the hell we never gave up Greig or Pinto for Chychrun. Absolutely puzzled.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Capspace looking tight next year,

Assuming we sign DeBrincat at 8, Pinto at 1.75, and Brannstrom at 1.5, filing in the rest with ELC and <1 mil deals, we'll have about 500k in space. Hope they increase the cap a touch more than projected, an extra 1.5 to 2 mil would give us the flexibility we need for injury callups, otherwise we probably need to dump Joseph

As an aside, getting a experienced starting goalie will be a challenge

Even if we get rid of Talbot + Joseph and with Hamonic + Holden coming off the books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad