Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
No, I understand, he's one of the game's elite players but how good will he be without a great supporting cast around him?

I look at their window and I'm thinking it's this year and maybe next year. What do they have after that? Haven't hit on a draft pick since Swayman in 2017. Have traded away almost all their draft capital incl. 2018 1st, 2020 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2nd in 2023, 2024, 2025. I don't know what the alternative would have been but I'm really happy we don't have that problem because that's the kind of contract that decimates your team depth.

I just assume they are going full Rams and accepting a decade of irrelevance for a shot at a cup this year and next.

This is likely the only way they get him to stay next year unless I'm misunderstanding the situation. After next year the world is over for them.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
its just a view ... I don't play Video games .., Not sure how this is a video game perspective. But whatever ..,. Not sure you can post without an insult. And I am not sure why you think its necessary. Something I would worry about more than any hockey opinion post.
It's a video game post in that it's all about numbers. Chess pieces. Robots to be moved around to fill out a lineup card. I didn't coin the phrase video game view in this site.

There's an absolutely legitimate view that our players need to learn to play in important games. DeBrincat is helping with that. Chabot and Tkachuk have both said this week "this is a first for me" type statement. Alfie said last week that they need experience. Well they're getting it. And DeBrincat is part of the reason why.

But you can take it to the bank now that if he doesn't sign and we inevitably recoup less assets that there will be posts about how terrible the asset mgmt was.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

Pasta is a great scorer but he's almost a third more expensive than Tkachuk and Stutzle.

And that's still a fair deal for Pasta.

High scoring FA - Even though he's a different tier, I hope that doesn't drive up ADB's ask

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I just assume they are going full Rams and accepting a decade of irrelevance for a shot at a cup this year and next.

This is likely the only way they get him to stay next year unless I'm misunderstanding the situation. After next year the world is over for them.

You are way off on the Rams.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Am I? They won their ship so it worked but that team looks rough moving forward and they have no draft capital to speak of.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Pasta is a great scorer but he's almost a third more expensive than Tkachuk and Stutzle.

And that's still a fair deal for Pasta.

Glad he is staying ,,, wowza on the $
Be fun to see how they transition going forward,

Imagine having Bergeron and Krejci for 3.5m total.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No, I understand, he's one of the game's elite players but how good will he be without a great supporting cast around him?

I look at their window and I'm thinking it's this year and maybe next year. What do they have after that? Haven't hit on a draft pick since Swayman in 2017. Have traded away almost all their draft capital incl. 2018 1st, 2020 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2nd in 2023, 2024, 2025. I don't know what the alternative would have been but I'm really happy we don't have that problem because that's the kind of contract that decimates your team depth.

I don't think he's untradeable with that contract.

He has 5 years of NMC and 3 years of NTC, but if the team tanks I'm sure he'd waive.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And so ends the taking less to stay in Boston
I think he gets more as a UFA. Probably 13 or so.

He's unreal man, he has 27 more points than the second leading scorer on his team he is the one driving it not vice versa. Top 3 winger in hockey who had taken a discount on his previous contract. He drives the play and can beat you any single way you want. Plays with an edge too. If you think this is alot wait until you see what Matthews gets next year. He took a discount, Pasternak gets more money without a doubt. The cap is going up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If I had a choice I'd take Marchand in a vacuum.

I know it's crazy, but I love that guy.

But at their respective ages, sure.
Pasternak is way better. He has 27 more points than Marchand in only 8 more games. Love Marchand but Pasternak is their true superstar.

Bostons team is insane.

Zacha Krejci Pasternak
Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Hall Coyle Bertuzzi
Greer Nosak Frederic

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
We sent Detroit's rebuild back 3-4 years after that 2 game spanking. I seriously dont know how they have the same points as us with that roster on paper. I guess that coaching is extracting everything out of them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He has more talent ... but I love Marchand's grit and he's pretty clutch

We shall see in the post-season.

Marchand is a Mr. Everything.
I mean pick your poison. Marchand is 35 now. In his prime they are comparable. I think people underate how much of an edge Pasta plays with. He is very hard. Has the best playoff ppg on their team too. He is going to score 55+ goals this year.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
We sent Detroit's rebuild back 3-4 years after that 2 game spanking. I seriously dont know how they have the same points as us with that roster on paper. I guess that coaching is extracting everything out of them.
I think it's more indicative of how unlucky Ottawa had been early in the year to not have better results. The Senators are better than Detroit in so many team categories: GF, GA, PP, PK, FO%, Shot Attempt Differential, etc.

The difference is much greater when you look at the teams post-December 1st. OTT 47P, DET 37P. That's almost half a season being 10 points better and would project to a 20+ point difference over the course of 82 games.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Glad he is staying ,,, wowza on the $
Be fun to see how they transition going forward,

Imagine having Bergeron and Krejci for 3.5m total.
Technically it's 5M for Bergeron and 3M for Kreji but the extra 4.5M will likely be assessed against next year's cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad