Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
No idea how Hronek goes for a mid 1st round pick and a 2nd when Ghost just got a 2016 3rd and Barrie was pretty much a throw-in cap dump.

Canucks management are out of their damn minds.

He’s not good right? Thought I was taking crazy pills there.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tell me the lines and D in 6 years?
Well thats impossible. But we do know they have all of these players under contract for a long time. Only really Chabot, Debrincat and Tkachuk are in or entering their prime. Do you think this is the year to go for it?...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This trade deadline has proven GMs have as much clue as fans do. This is just ridiculous. I'll take Hronek! For a first, sure. Ok! Like, WTF?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
They are trading a 24YR old defenseman with 28 points in 36 games on a terrible Yotes team that is signed for two more years at a steal of a cap hit.

I don't get why you think a non-elite prospect like Matveychuk or Sillinger should be off the table for a player like that.

For the record I believe it's been established that Columbus actually had a deal worked out for Chychrun at the draft for the 12th OVR pick (which was used to take Matveychuk) + more, but it ended up not happening.

Because it's been almost 2 years that the Yotes, reportedly, have been asking for that (+ a first) and nobody is giving it to them. Almost every team rumoured to be interested has moved to something else.

That leads me to believe that the league doesn’t value Chychrun nearly as highly Bill Armstrong does.

So yeah, at the end of the day they’ll have to lower the price. Maybe they have to choose a 1st OR Mateychuk. Not both. But again, that’s probably a return they could have gotten last summer.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
He's very good offensively but we just saw over the last two games how bad he can be in his own end.

I'd consider him a 2nd pairing D, but he's the last type of D that the Canucks need.

Yeah he was a liability when I watched him but I guess the offense offsets. Crazy.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Was looking through my post history.

Not groundbreaking stuff, but mentioned Zub deal was done the night before it was announced, and that Sens got Lebreton (without OSEG despite that being the buzz at the time) and had an unannounced press-conference scheduled for the next day.

I’m sure there’s more, but the last 5 months with a newborn are all a blur.
You need not explain or apologize. It's good that the dude apologized. Please, no more identity clues or you may find yourself in a small room with bright lights and one-way glass! Stay safe!

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yzerman is gonna get chychrun
Now thats a possibility. Hronek and a 1st for Chychrun ..
theodoros.gif

Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't see how a protected 1st for Hronenk is bad value-wise. Not sure Vancouver should be doing that though.

It's a top 12 protected 1st, but the Isles pick is likely going to be around the middle of the 1st - a very valuable pick in what is considered a fairly good draft.

The Canucks also threw in their own 2nd in 2023, which is sitting at 38th OVR right now.

Value of offensive D has never been lower with the change in PP format. Only one talented D needed to run a PP now, when you used to have two OFD back on the point.

Hronek has 38 points in 60 games, went for a mid 1st and high 2nd
Ghost has 31 points in 52 games, went for a 2016 3rd
Barrie has 43 points in 61 games, was pretty much a cap dump, may have a little value

It's a headscratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad