Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
It’s up to you to believe whatever you want, I’m just passing along what I’m told from people within the organization.

I’ve never claimed to have a direct contact to management, but people in the building talk and hear things.

10+ years ago, I had a source in their HR department, which meant I would get more concrete info. Not sure how far back you can go and look, but I was within like $100K of Zibanejad and Stone’s post ELC contracts within close succession. They left the organization but I still know people in the building.

There are also people on here that I have given more detail to directly, vs what I actually post. For example, I told people what the reverse retro jersey would look like for this season before it was revealed.

But there have also been times where I mention “something” is close to happening, and then shortly after it gets announced. (Extensions, minor trades etc)

So take whatever you want from my comments/posts.
Always appreciate the info you provide!

Oct 10, 2010
You denigrated him in your previous response. Not classy.
It’s up to you to believe whatever you want, I’m just passing along what I’m told from people within the organization.

I’ve never claimed to have a direct contact to management, but people in the building talk and hear things.

10+ years ago, I had a source in their HR department, which meant I would get more concrete info. Not sure how far back you can go and look, but I was within like $100K of Zibanejad and Stone’s post ELC contracts within close succession. They left the organization but I still know people in the building.

There are also people on here that I have given more detail to directly, vs what I actually post. For example, I told people what the reverse retro jersey would look like for this season before it was revealed.

But there have also been times where I mention “something” is close to happening, and then shortly after it gets announced. (Extensions, minor trades etc)

Fair enough,, My apologies!!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

lv6eh5586p961.gif

Dude you don't need to explain yourself.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Was looking through my post history.

Not groundbreaking stuff, but mentioned Zub deal was done the night before it was announced, and that Sens got Lebreton (without OSEG despite that being the buzz at the time) and had an unannounced press-conference scheduled for the next day.

I’m sure there’s more, but the last 5 months with a newborn are all a blur.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not groundbreaking stuff, but mentioned Zub deal was done the night before it was announced, and that Sens got Lebreton (without OSEG despite that being the buzz at the time) and had an unannounced press-conference scheduled for the next day.

You doin' good boy. Keep it up.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

No idea why you feel the need to justify it dude... Anyone who's been around here long enough knows your not just blowing hot air to get a reaction out of us.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

My good man, you typed hundreds of words more than what was needed to reply here.

I think 2 words would have summed up an appropriate reply.

Reactions: DrEasy and GCK

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The less dman scrubs we're directly connected to the better the chances are that we're honing in on the big fish, AKA Jake Chychrun.

Said with tongue firmly in cheek but it is a relief to know Parayko is an Ottawa hater. Wish the same would be said about Dumba lol.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I would move Greig, a 2024 1st and a lesser asset or two in a heartbeat for Chychrun

Chabot Chychrun
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic

With what we have upfront and that defence, the cup window opens next fall.

You've still got
Stuetzle
Norris
Pinto
Kastelic

Down the centre and we'd be far more equipped to withstand a center injury after Pinto, Kastelic and Stuetzle playing a full season at C

Reactions: Laphroaig

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would move Greig, a 2024 1st and a lesser asset or two in a heartbeat for Chychrun

Chabot Chychrun
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Hamonic

With what we have upfront and that defence, the cup window opens next fall.

You've still got
Stuetzle
Norris
Pinto
Kastelic

Down the centre and we'd be far more equipped to withstand a center injury after Pinto, Kastelic and Stuetzle playing a full season at C
I want keep Greig and would rather give up a future 2nd round pick in 2024 (either our own or Washington's).

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Don’t know why players don’t want to come here. With a new ownership and team close to make playoff for the next 8 years

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reactions: GCK

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don’t know why players don’t want to come here. With a new ownership and team close to make playoff for the next 8 years

Small Canadian city, budget team, high taxes, bad weather, arena in the middle of nowhere, non-contender, previous ownership issues, etc..

New ownership and a new downtown arena will help attract talent but we'll never be a top destination for many reasons.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Then you still have the other half of the equation. Does them team want him back?

Chabot at 8 AAV
Sanderson at say 7 AAV
Zub signed for a few years

How do you slide Karlsson in at a very high AAV? There's literally no way around that problem that doesn't involve moving Chabot

And if they win in MSG Thursday night, that might tilt PD into acquire mode.
Even if Karlsson wants to be traded to Ottawa, and Dorion wants him, the problem is Karlsson's AAV.

The team would have to trade equivalent AAV to create the cap and salary space, or get SJ to retain a substantial part of Karlsson's salary for 4 years.

If SJ and/or an intermediate party would agree to retain about 50% of the AAV for 4 years, it would cost substantial assets (roster players, prospects and future draft picks) in compensation. I therefore highly doubt that Karlsson will be traded to Ottawa. However, Karlsson would be great to improve our ES goal scoring.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Small Canadian city, budget team, high taxes, bad weather, arena in the middle of nowhere, non-contender, previous ownership issues, etc..

New ownership and a new downtown arena will help attract talent but we'll never be a top destination for many reasons.
We have Brady though

Ask Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad