Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think anyone is advocating paying a steep price for a rental but getting a D with team control makes sense if the cost is right. I’d also be fine moving Thomson for a rental RD we might want to test drive.
I dont think this team can trade Grieg, Pinto, 1st, Soogard. Those pieces should be off the table. So what type of player can they get? A stop gap guy like a Demelo would be something perhaps. I dont know if there is anyone like that though. I think they need to have a serious look at trading Debrincat here. If he isnt willing to sign now he wont be next year. Gotta protect the asset when you are in this position unfortunately.

Reactions: GCK

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I dont think this team can trade Grieg, Pinto, 1st, Soogard. Those pieces should be off the table. So what type of player can they get? A stop gap guy like a Demelo would be something perhaps. I dont know if there is anyone like that though. I think they need to have a serious look at trading Debrincat here. If he isnt willing to sign now he wont be next year. Gotta protect the asset when you are in this position unfortunately.
Korpisalo and Gavrikov went for a cap dump and a late 1st. There's lots of value out there that can help improve the team's weaknesses without having to spend premium assets to do it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sogaard Pinto and Greig are off the table for me. I’d move the 2023 1st w/ top 16 protection in a package for Chychrun and Vejmelka.

Arizona is looking for a prospect goalie, I’m hoping Merilainen having such a good season with Karpat would allow us to sub him in for Sogaard. I’ve said it a few times but Dorion should circle back with a palatable offer Friday morning.

To Ottawa

Chychrun
Vejmelka

To Arizona

Conditional 2023 1st
2024 2nd
Merilainen
Boucher/JBD/Ostapchuk/Kleven

I don’t really want to lose Boucher, Ostapchuk or Klevin but it’s better than losing Greig, Pinto or Mads.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I agree. Only way I could see it is if Vejmelka were coming back with Chychrun.
Agreed... cannot move Sogaard without getting similar back. Last week neither of our 1-2 goalies was available. How could you justify losing him at this point, short or long term? We're getting awfully close to needing the Zamboni driver if we lose a goalie without replacement.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If we make a trade for Chychrun I think Sens would be smart to move the 2024 1rst instead of 2023. I would only be comfortable trading the 2023 first if it was top 3 protected and if the add was easy to swallow or minimal. What's likely to be a 10-15th pick is valuable on it's own. Chychrun is ready to move on and has been vocal about it.

Chychrun is a great add but he's under contract for only 2 more years. It likely means that there's close to 0 chance to re-sign him at that point and the team will be in the hunt and won't want to trade him in 2 years. Does this team feel like they can win in 2 years?! I don't know, it's risky.

It could totally be worth it but idk

If we make a deal I also feel like Provorov or Parayko are more likely for some reason. More teams likely to be in on Chychrun because of lower cap and potential retention from Arizona ... means better return from a team making a serious push.. Easier situation to manage for teams in cap crunch

Last edited:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm not sure we have any board insiders tho do we? Like really connected?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Blue jackets back in for chychrun. That team is going to spin it’s wheels forever. They’re gonna use these firsts to get him and I doubt he’s going to be very happy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel like targets at 5 mil or under who are signed at least for next season are the way to go if we want to keep DeBrincat

Chychrun 4.6, but high acquisition cost
Tanev 4.5
Barrie 4.5
Murphy 4.4
Carlo 4.1
Pesce 4.025 but high acquisition cost if even avail
Roy 3.15
DeMelo 3
Peeke 2.75
Whitecloud 2.75

Leaving out guys like Andersson, and Hronek who aren't realistically available.

That's how I'm setting my expectations. I also have a sneaking feeling we extend Hamonic somewhere in the 2-3 range,

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
the hype around here is gonna be real if we beat the rangers. gimme it
It would be hilarious if the Sens beat up on a newly loaded up stars team. Going to be so interesting to see how these monster loaded eastern teams perform this year. There's one thing we can be certain of - it will not work out well for all of them! Even worse, many of those loaded teams are seeded against each other in the first round. It's going to be ugly for some!

There's something to be said for that old assertion that to be successful, teams needs the right recipe of stars and grinders. Star loaded teams typically just get pounded every time they touch the puck. Playoffs are not a no-touch Allstar game. This is the most interested I have been in years!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
That's a lot to pay for two rentals when you're not really competing.
They'll both be extended. No way they cleared out Quick so they could also walk away from the guys they traded for. They're still going to clear out one of Walker or Roy at some point and get Clarke into the lineup and probably move out one or both of Arvidsson and Iafallo. They're fine capwise and I doubt they see Korpisalo and Gavrikov as strictly rentals.

@benjiv1 is Garrioch....
I'm not saying he is but I am saying no one has ever seen both of them in the same room at the same time. Makes you think...

• Haha
Reactions: NB613 and kinghock
Oct 10, 2010
He said to not expect much if anything at all based on what was said to him. If anything happens, it will be on Friday
It’s funny how he knows people on the inside with this type of info, but can never come up with the trades himself … lol

Any info he’s provided gives him all sorts of outs and if he hits the perfect timeline well “ INSIDER”!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad