Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone else think Klingberg makes sense? There was lots of smoke with him this summer before signing with Anaheim. He'd help our puck possession game immensely. There's no way he's going to be expensive lol

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Klingberg
Brannstrom - Hamonic

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'm not sure i agree that Meier is better than Cat. They're about the same for me. Two first line wingers with slightly different games. Meier is scoring at a pace that Cat has already reached with Karlsson playing godly. Yeah Cat has had Kane feeding him the puck for most of his career, but lets not act like there's a significant gap between these two .They are both in the exact same tier in terms of ability and production

One guy is a big, physical power forward, the other is not. Meier has more value just because of that.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I agree but I think Matthews is going to leave.
Why would he ? Superstar who will get paid like crazy in Toronto and all the endorsements

I think Toronto has a good chance to keeping him.

Nylander too

Even if they lose one they are still a good team

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Trade deadline is silly season where teams throw away draft picks like they are trash because they think they are one acquisition away from the cup.

Teams are typically a lot more stingy about trading picks, especially 1sts, around the time of the draft when that's what the focus is.

If we're talking about pure value, no question we'd get more trading DeBrincat now than in the summer.
The problem is, the only people tracing 1st round picks are contending teams so the pucks are low.

In the summer teams on the bubble or wanting to take a step are looking to make deals, like we were, especially if teams don’t like who is available.

Anyways, they want to sign him, but it looks like the budget is static right now until new ownership is settled, if the rumours are to be believed, so there isn’t much to be done until the summer besides a deal in principal

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sure, but Meier is better than Debrincat. One is a 165lb winger on pace for 27 goals and the other is a 220lb winger on pace for 45 goals. We would have gotten less for DBC than San Jose for Meier even if we traded him yesterday.

And San Jose got:

1st
Conditional 1st
Mukhamadullin (B Prospect)
Okhotyuk (C Prospect)

That's what I suggested. I missed Zetterlund, my bad.

Maybe you rate the prospects better. But I'd compare Mukhamadullin to Kleven and Okhotyuk to Thomson. B and C prospects.

For where we are, it's not a return I'd be overly excited about. If we had tried to trade DBC to NJ, I would have wanted Siegenthaler + 1st. But that's not a deal they'd make today. They might make it in the summer though, when they'd have options to replace Siegenthaler.
Debrincat has been far more productive outside of this season. Before this year he would have had more value. I dont think its much different at all.

I dont know why you are making these comparisons to sens prospects the sens have these players and they arent trading with NJ. From a value perspective Mukhamadullin is a much better prospect than Kleven its never been close.

Thompson and Okhotyuk are similar ill give you that one.

Again they should only do this if they arent able to sign him.

Zetterlund is a solid young player that the sens could absolutely use right now.

The conditional first has a very high chance of hitting.

Its a massive package.

You may not like the return but you will like it alot less in the summer time.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Anyone else think Klingberg makes sense? There was lots of smoke with him this summer before signing with Anaheim. He'd help our puck possession game immensely. There's no way he's going to be expensive lol

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Klingberg
Brannstrom - Hamonic

If we trade for someone it better be for a player that is willing to stay here long term. I don't see this team anywhere close to the top teams in the East right now. Adding a Dman will not get us in the conversation. Especially not a UFA.

Next year you hope the team stays healthy and Norris and (let's see..) maybe Formenton return. Greig takes a full time spot. Hope JBD or Thomson can hold a spot on the 3rd pair and add a legit top 4 Dman and you're at least looking like a solid team. This year is not the year to make these deals. I would wait until next year regardless at this point.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Klingberg
Brannstrom - Hamonic
Like in the offseason? There is no circumstance the sens should be buyers right now.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
You may not like the return but you will like it alot less in the summer time.

It depends.

Let's say today, we could have made the NJ deal - 2023 1st (30th*) + 2024 conditional 1st + Zetterlund + Mukh + Okyotuk.

Let's say in the summer, we can get a 2023 1st (16th*) + Fabbro from Nashville.

The NJ return is more "value".

But I'd rather the Nashville deal since Fabbro can step into a meaningful role as soon as next season and the 1st is 14 spots higher.

San Jose would prefer their package, since they're just starting their rebuild.

*What the picks would be based on standings today.

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we can’t sign Debrincat by Friday move him at 50% retained. Market would be big IMO.
Agree with moving him .. get the best assets you can and reset the roster construction. Based on what O'Reilly and Meier and now Jeanott returned Sens should definitely be moving him for the good of the team going forward.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not sure i agree that Meier is better than Cat. They're about the same for me. Two first line wingers with slightly different games. Meier is scoring at a pace that Cat has already reached with Karlsson playing godly. Yeah Cat has had Kane feeding him the puck for most of his career, but lets not act like there's a significant gap between these two .They are both in the exact same tier in terms of ability and production
Yeah but the grass is always much shittier on your side of the fence. Or something.

We should not be going after rentals

You either find a long term fit for a top 4 RHD or leave it
I don’t think Dorion is going after rentals although he has card on Jensen which i find strange

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Klingberg
Brannstrom - Hamonic
No

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don’t think Dorion is going after rentals although he has card on Jensen which i find strange
Jensen is a good fit and he's likely to come at a price that the Sens can afford. The problem is that if you cold-call him on July 1st he tells the Sens to pound sand because he's got plenty of interest from other teams.

If you get him in here early and get him acclimated to the team and the city you might have a chance at keeping him. The Senators have done this is in the past [Craig Anderson for example] and sometimes it works out.

For a team like Ottawa there is value in jumping the market and taking a swing at rentals.

Last edited:

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
Why would he ? Superstar who will get paid like crazy in Toronto and all the endorsements

Another early Toronto exit this year and he’s good as gone imo. Let’s be real here. He’s not getting any younger and he’s going to get PAID wherever he signs. I could easily see him think that his best chance to win a cup is elsewhere

Reactions: bert

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Another early Toronto exit this year and he’s good as gone imo. Let’s be real here. He’s not getting any younger and he’s going to get PAID wherever he signs. I could easily see him think that his best chance to win a cup is elsewhere

Chicago is an interesting team to watch. After next season, they'll have two new lottery picks on ELCs, tons of prospects, massive cap space and are in a major market with cache for any American player...

Imagine they draft Bedard, Kane goes back there this summer on a discount and Matthews joins them the year after...

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m not sure the posters who are clamouring for PD to trade to bring in players for a playoff run have actually looked at the murderers’ row of teams in the East. If by some miracle the Sens squeaked into the playoffs, it would be a swift and brutal exit. Not worth giving up any assets for. Also, the chances of even making the post season are ridiculously small.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Nylander too

Even if they lose one they are still a good team
I think Matthews rolls into LA to replace Kopitar.

• Love
Reactions: FSL KINGS

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m not sure the posters who are clamouring for PD to trade to bring in players for a playoff run have actually looked at the murderers’ row of teams in the East. If by some miracle the Sens squeaked into the playoffs, it would be a swift and brutal exit. Not worth giving up any assets for. Also, the chances of even making the post season are ridiculously small.
A. I don’t think anyone is clamoring for him to spend wil assets if ANY on a pure rental.
B. The East will be tough for a long time. The chances of going out in the first round will always be high.

We can go from horrific team to cup favorites and then start making moves.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thats why they are making this push they know he is gone if they dont win anything. I think he is going to California. Anaheim seems like a wicked fit he can live in newport beach. They have so much cap and lots of good young guys so he knows theyre gonna be good for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki