Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Debrincat trade was really exciting at the time but in retrospect it wasn’t the right move and it cost us a really valuable asset that could have been moved for D help.

Hell I’d rather have Korchinski than Cat at this point. I don’t think we’re in a position to make any noise before Korchinski is ready even if we add someone like Chychrun.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah I think there’s an imitation period like any profession. And he failed lol.

Yeah I would sell watson lol. You think I’m saying “keep watson for the playoff push”?

Agreed he should have picked up tolvanen.

My position is extremely neutral. If there’s a good deal to be had for a d man with term, make it. If not. Don’t. And if someone wants to pay any price for our literal worst players. Sell them.

In a vaccum obviously this makes sense but with Dorion’s track record I highly doubt his ability to identify a « good deal to be had » so I’d rather he stand pat, sell the UFA’s (for picks, not busts) and let a better GM make the next decisions next season.

I think Sens have been scouting Van quite a bit, I assumed it was for Demko or Schenn

but Miller being available and not knowing what we are doing with Debrincat is interesting

I wouldn’t touch that contract with a 10 foot pole. I also wouldn’t want his attitude in the lockerroom. Would be a great fit on ice though.

Reactions: bert

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
In a vaccum obviously this makes sense but with Dorion’s track record I highly doubt his ability to identify a « good deal to be had » so I’d rather he stand pat, sell the UFA’s (for picks, not busts) and let a better GM make the next decisions next season.

I wouldn’t touch that contract with a 10 foot pole. I also wouldn’t want his attitude in the lockerroom. Would be a great fit on ice though.

ouf just saw the signing bonuses too, yikes.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm not mad at the Debrincat deal at all, you got a good young asset for a good price. I think, if we move him, he's a great trade chip for a summer hockey deal.

We have enough assets to get a top 4 dman regardless.

The Joseph trade and Talbot trades have sucked, however. Dorion consistently makes blunders, that is why this rebuild has taken so long, that is why as a budget team we have almost 5mil in dead cap, and that is why he will be fired when new ownership arrives.
Dbc trade was excellent. Nothing to complain about at all.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
LA and Ottawa make good partners.

Talbot and a protected 2024 1st for Matt Roy.
Are we paying to get rid of Talbot too?

I would rather reclamation projects than 6th and seventh round picks

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The Debrincat trade was amazing whether we get him signed or not. For the price we paid, it will always be worth the risk.

I’m just not sure how this can be the case.

He’s on pace for what 70 points and 25 goals or something? And he’s going to cost around $9mm to extend.

We traded a cost-controlled top 10 pick that could be a top pairing D in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Cosmix

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If he's signed to a good deal, sure.

Otherwise, it is awful
If he walks it's terrible. If he signs, it's excellent. If he doesn't sign it depends on how we handle it and what we get back.

I’m just not sure how this can be the case.

He’s on pace for what 70 points and 25 goals or something? And he’s going to cost around $9mm to extend.

We traded a cost-controlled top 10 pick that could be a top pairing D in 2-3 years.
On pace this year, yes, but he's a proven 40 goal scorer who is still young enough to be a restricted free agent. That's a deal you make any day imo.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
If he walks it's terrible. If he signs, it's excellent. If he doesn't sign it depends on how we handle it and what we get back.

On pace this year, yes, but he's a proven 40 goal scorer who is still young enough to be a restricted free agent. That's a deal you make any day imo.

I can’t really criticize the move at the time but it definitely seems problematic in hindsight.

Bobby Ryan was elite on the Ducks and was only a good player here. It happens.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

If we trade him, we aren't getting anything close to a Kevin Korchinski.

It will have been a loss and shortsighted trade way or another unless he signs.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Greenway for formenton?

He seems to have fallen out of favour in Minny and formenton has baggage

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

What makes you think we draft Korshinski over all the other options that were available.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I might be on an island but I’m no fan of Korchinski.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Yeah in no way will the Cat trade ever be a bad one. Especially with how we draft. Doubt we get anything close to Debrincat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What makes you think we draft Korshinski over all the other options that were available.
Was just using thew guy taken at 7, fair point they may go elsewhere.

Can sub out Korchinski for 3 the guys taken in the top 10 the Sens would have looked at, as I think we can all agree Savoie isn't one we'd be looking at.

Korchinski
Kaspar (95% the choice)
Mintyukov

Think it would be pretty fair to say one of these 3 were going to be Sens should they have kept the pick. They won't be getting any guys like that, nor a top selection, in a Draft day trade for DBC.

Yeah in no way will the Cat trade ever be a bad one. Especially with how we draft. Doubt we get anything close to Debrincat.
Yeah, all our top 10 selections are looking awful

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Who knows though. The price should be high for dbc if we have to trade him. You can argue the move in hindsight, but at the time you swing for the fences on that one.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
lol. You can’t possibly think LA would bite at that.

God no. I’ve been what’s known as bored and ‘strung out’ recently.

Even if it’s Talbot, Pinto and a ‘24 1st for Peterson and Byfield I’m pretty sure Blake tells Dorion to go pound sand.

But I do think Byfield is overvalued and LA ends up with Pastranak. There will be trades that will be needed to accommodate that.

Like all of us, I would like to see Dorion use these inflated trade deadline values to both sell and buy. Trade off expiring contracts for a tidy profit - then use that cap space and profit to his advantage for either an established player or an developing player feeling the squeeze.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Was an easy top 10 pick for me last year, and looks amazing this year. Guys that can skate that well, with that size, that have IQ like he does are extremely rare
Like I said I’m on an island with him. I was 100% Kaspar but my real hope was to trade down to around 20 and grab both Luneau and Warren from Gatineau.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
God no. I’ve been what’s known as bored and ‘strung out’ recently.

Even if it’s Talbot, Pinto and a ‘24 1st for Peterson and Byfield I’m pretty sure Blake tells Dorion to go pound sand.

But I do think Byfield is overvalued and LA ends up with Pastranak. There will be trades that will be needed to accommodate that.

Like all of us, I would like to see Dorion use these inflated trade deadline values to both sell and buy. Trade off expiring contracts for a tidy profit - then use that cap space and profit to his advantage for either an established player or an developing player feeling the squeeze.
Our expirings are terrible. Things can only get so inflated.

GMs arent like “wow jeannot went for that? I better blow dorions socks off with an offer for watson”. We’re in a shitty spot trade wise right now

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who knows though. The price should be high for dbc if we have to trade him. You can argue the move in hindsight, but at the time you swing for the fences on that one.
But you don't need hindsight.

The moment the trade is made without an extension, hindsight isn't needed if he doesn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad