Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That seems a bit much but if they win the cup then who cares right?
As a sens fan ya gotta love it. What a nightmare that Bolts team is to play against and got even tougher. They're gonna win the cup.

Tanner is second coming of McJesus? I know those are all going to be low picks but wow. JB got fleeced Poille that is way to much of a over payment. 🫣

Tanner is going to be good player for them but that is one hell of a price to pay.
Brisebois knows what he is doing.

Expensive time to be a buyer! Look how loaded the east is lol. Time to sell sens fans. Too bad Dorion couldn't wait to sell Brown now eh! Lol. God damnit this team needs a new GM

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I admire their ability to find the players they want to target and then go all in.

Seems to be a winning strategy if you have good pro scouting.
Add a smart GM and an owner willing to spend to put the best possible team on the ice.

Reactions: Senscore

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Feel like San Jose's package is way better. Mukahmadullin is a much better prospect and they got a good ready player in Zetterlund. Don't think they actually have the pieces to match now that I look at it.
Remember the Dorion effect, unless a bit of luck is involved, the initial trade won't exactly wow us.

I'd love to get Suzuki or a more high end prospect but I'm considering how NJD didn't give up Holtz or Nemec in their deal

Reactions: Yak

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Good things don’t really happen to this team but winning the lottery for a top 2 pick basically fixes most of our problems. Batherson/DBC probably become available to improve defence.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
In light of recent events I have changed my trade proposal for L.A. - I am removing the 2nd round pick.

Wow.

I’m afraid of this trade deadline.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Feel like San Jose's package is way better. Mukahmadullin is a much better prospect and they got a good ready player in Zetterlund. Don't think they actually have the pieces to match now that I look at it.

If Kane goes to NYR they might be desperate.... Could the sens get Jarvis? Have to think about a deal around him.

No it's because they didn't burn countless assets like Dorion has. It's not a debate we Have seen it. He just did it with Zaitsev a week ago. Giving up picks and prospects for replacement level players.
Im not saying do that again.

Dorion is not careful with his picks. But he doesn’t really burn prospects on players. At least not yet. Could be because No body wants our second tier prospects

Looks like tanner went for a lot but in reality? Picks spreads over 3 years and a prospect. I like that for tampaw

You can see how little respect other GMs give Dorion lol. I mean. Look at what we got for Nick Paul. They gave us a fourth liner and a late pick. Look at what the preds pull out of them. Jeannot is better than Paul no doubt but the difference is not that large.

I think Pierre already had a tough go not being part of the old boys club and then the first thing he does is the super embarrassing brassard for Zibanejad + 2 deal and I think he’s been fighting up hill ever since

Ask me if I’ll trade JBD and 5 picks spread across 3 years for a legit top 4 tho. Answer yes

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wouldn’t have given up a 2nd for Jeannot from the Sens with where they are, and wouldn’t have wanted to give up more than a 2nd + B prospect from a contender.

Unless they think that he’s actually a 20% shooter, that’s way, way too much.

Inflation is pretty nuts, a lot more than the Sens got for a signed Pageau, or for Duchene. And that’s not a knock on those guys returns.

Reactions: bicboi64 and Bileur

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Dorion is not careful with his picks. But he doesn’t really burn prospects on players. At least not yet. Could be because No body wants our second tier prospects

Looks like tanner went for a lot but in reality? Picks spreads over 3 years and a prospect. I like that for tampaw

You can see how little respect other GMs give Dorion lol. I mean. Look at what we got for Nick Paul. They gave us a fourth liner and a late pick. Look at what the preds pull out of them. Jeannot is better than Paul no doubt but the difference is not that large.

I think Pierre already had a tough go not being part of the old boys club and then the first thing he does is the super embarrassing brassard for Zibanejad + 2 deal and I think he’s been fighting up hill ever since

Ask me if I’ll trade JBD and 5 picks spread across 3 years for a legit top 4 tho. Answer yes
Did he have the choice of NOT spread the picks?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Wouldn’t have given up a 2nd for Jeannot from the Sens with where they are, and wouldn’t have wanted to give up more than a 2nd + B prospect from a contender.

Unless they think that he’s actually a 20% shooter, that’s way, way too much.

Inflation is pretty nuts, a lot more than the Sens got for a signed Pageau, or for Duchene. And that’s not a knock on those guys returns.

Tampa paid too much but they want him to be a part of their future and they're banking on him to make a big difference for them. They've hit with these types of trade in the past and they want a hard working and heavy team and they don't have much cap space so getting a guy like that for 800K makes Jeannot just that more valuable. He's also somewhat of a hard player to find, he's having a tough year compared to last but Nashville has been struggling mightily offensively so I think it's fair to expect better production from him going forward. One things for sure, that shutdown line will be hard to play against in the playoffs with Jeannot and Paul.

Tampa always does these types of deals. They gave up 1rst rounders for guys like Goodrow, Coleman and (multiple) for Hagel. Of course this time the price is way too high but I don't think they'll care that much in the end.

FWIW I would've much rather given a 2nd for Jeannot than a 2nd to get rid of 1 year of Zaitsev. I think the team would benefit from a guy like that.

Reactions: NB613

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Wow.. TB paid a wild price. Seeing what everything is selling fore, I have a feeling PD does nothing now or at least of significance. Those prices are wild

Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Reality?.... It makes sense Because Tampa is a contender. Don't you see the difference? They got 5 picks including a first and 2nd rounder as well as a former 1st rounder who is a RD that is playing right now. Jeannot never returns that in the offseason. He is a physical middle 6 winger. He isn't a top 4 d man.

Blaming Dorion for sucking at his job on 'not being in the old boys club'. I've heard it all now.

Foote is quite clearly better than JBD. I am not going to bother arguing anymore it's pointless.

Why do you think so many teams are making playing available?.... could it be the return?... lol. Comical at this point. It's a sellers market they quite clearly aren't winning the cup. SELL.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow.. TB paid a wild price. Seeing what everything is selling fore, I have a feeling PD does nothing now or at least of significance. Those prices are wild
It's like this every year at this time. No different. Washington and Nashville have better records than Ottawa. Neither has their starting goalie or first line center out for the year. It's time to sell. But instead we have a guy trying to save his job. One last major blunder before we are rid of this amateur.

Reactions: Cosmix and RyCam

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dude? He is not McDavid

Please, come back to Planet Earth

I wonder why didn't his older brother fetch 10 first round picks? If we go by your logic LOL
They didn't trade him at the deadline. It was also a sarcastic post.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding markets. It's before the deadline.... picks are worth an all time low. At the draft an all time high. Hence why selling Connor Brown at an all time low was so moronic. Selling Zaitsev when cap space value is at an all time high is moronic. The sens have a moron of a GM.

Reactions: Cosmix and RyCam

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
They didn't trade him at the deadline. It was also a sarcastic post.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding markets. It's before the deadline.... picks are worth an all time low. At the draft an all time high. Hence why selling Connor Brown at an all time low was so moronic. Selling Zaitsev when cap space value is at an all time high is moronic. The sens have a moron of a GM.
If we hadn’t dealt for Debrincat we could have kept Brown and sold him now. I’m fine with paying to move Zaitsev, I prefer the certainty that he is gone to the risk that we couldn’t move him during the off season. Dorion is a moron and it scares me what he could do at the deadline BUT we don’t really know what the D market is right now as only Orlov moved and the cost was middling.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If we hadn’t dealt for Debrincat we could have kept Brown and sold him now. I’m fine with paying to move Zaitsev, I prefer the certainty that he is gone to the risk that we couldn’t move him during the off season. Dorion is a moron and it scares me what he could do at the deadline BUT we don’t really know what the D market is right now as only Orlov moved and the cost was middling.
I mean this is in theory.... No actual proof. They had the cap space. They weren't bringing back Formenton they signed Motte late. I don't buy it. Dorion is the anti asset management and it bit the sens hard this year. They should have had a plethora of assets to trade for a top 4 d but it's the terrible management and horrific drafts of 2021 and after the first round in 2020 that has put this organization in an inexplicable scenario of having a bottom 5 prospect pool and 1 pick in the first two rounds of 2022 and 2023. After finishing bottom 10 for 6 straight seasons.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I mean this is in theory.... No actual proof. They had the cap space. They weren't bringing back Formenton they signed Motte late. I don't buy it. Dorion is the anti asset management and it bit the sens hard this year. They should have had a plethora of assets to trade for a top 4 d but it's the terrible management and horrific drafts of 2021 and after the first round in 2020 that has put this organization in an inexplicable scenario of having a bottom 5 prospect pool and 1 pick in the first two rounds of 2022 and 2023. After finishing bottom 10 for 6 straight seasons.
Motte replace Formenton’s money. It’s pretty obvious there was still a budget in place. Dorion should have used the Debrincat 9M to bring in a top 4 and keep Brown.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was moving Brown really needed for budget reasons, I mean, not adding Motte would have offset some of it, keeping him till the deadline probably had a net cost of about 2 mil.

It seemed at the time, the rationale to moving Brown was to open up budget room for the top 4 D acquisition that never materialized, heck didn't we make an offer to Klingberg after trading Brown?. Some of us were adamant that moving him at the deadline or in a package for the top 4 D was the better play, I still think that's true but Jeannot isn't a great comparable in terms of value, he's RFA, 800k, and much more physical. Kind of an apples and oranges situation.

Oh well, not losing any sleep over it at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad