Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ah it could be the equivalent of 3 firsts plus zetterlund and Ohotiuk who has some great raw ability. That's a ton. If someone's going to give the sens that much for debrincat they should consider it.

Mukhamadollin is legit as well

Yeah Muk is a good defensive prospect.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No way DBC gets that kind of return, not to mention it'd be Dorion making the trade. :P
Going into the season he was seen as more valuable than Meier. Good point about Dorion though. This is exactly why the sens shouldn't be buyers at this point of the season. Prices are at an all time high. Makes no sense. But @Burrowsaurus says differently. So i guess i dont know what I'm talking about.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Going into the season he was seen as more valuable than Meier. Good point about Dorion though. This is exactly why the sens shouldn't be buyers at this point of the season. Prices are at an all time high. Makes no sense. But @Burrowsaurus says differently. So i guess i dont know what I'm talking about.
Finally someone on this board gets it. If you disagree with me it means you’re wrong.

I don’t think that price on meier is all that high honesty. I think Chicago’s GM just botched the debrincat trade.

Let’s see what the price is for YOUNG-ish d men WITH TERM.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Finally someone on this board gets it. If you disagree with me it means you’re wrong.

I don’t think that price on meier is all that high honesty. I think Chicago’s GM just botched the debrincat trade.

Let’s see what the price is for YOUNG-ish d men WITH TERM.
So you're just ignoring years of data that it's more expensive to buy right now than in the offseason to stick to your argument? Sweet.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bunch of spare parts for Timo. NJD are a problem.

I'm seeing they only got one 1st round pick now seeing as the other pick is hiiiighly conditional.

That lessens the value for SJ considerably. All they're guaranteed to get is a very low 1st this summer, and one decent defensive prospect along with some mediocre players.

The other picks are always nice to have but is that really enough for a player who was considered the most coveted piece this TDL?

Reactions: Yak

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think its a fair trade for both SJ and NJ. If Meier is only a rental, it might suck for NJ but they didn't give up too much for a chance for their roster to get valuable experience. They have the capspace to extend Meier as well. I'd love for NJ to get to the ECF and give the sharks as many picks as they can, and then become first round fodder. Don't want NJD winning shit with all the lotto luck they've had

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you're just ignoring years of data that it's more expensive to buy right now than in the offseason to stick to your argument? Sweet.
Dude I haven’t combed over years of data. I know players are available now. More top 4 d men than usual. Get them now or someone else will. And we’re stuck in the off-season twiddling our thumbs again.
The advantage I see In the off-season is that if our pic ends up being like 11-14 it will likely be in play. Right now don’t think Dorion would trade it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Dude I haven’t combed over years of data. I know players are available now. More top 4 d men than usual. Get them now or someone else will. And we’re stuck in the off-season twiddling our thumbs again.
The advantage I see In the off-season is that if our pic ends up being like 11-14 it will likely be in play. Right now don’t think Dorion would trade it.
He can top 8/10 protect it or something.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bunch of spare parts for Timo. NJD are a problem.
I mean it's more than the sens got for Stone, Duchene, Zibanejad, Pageau Hoffman or Fisher when they sold them. Those aren't spare parts. It's 2 first rounders and some other decent pieces a cap dump in Johanson which as we know costs assets and a conditional pick.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean it's more than the sens got for Stone, Duchene, Zibanejad, Pageau Hoffman or Fisher when they sold them. Those aren't spare parts. It's 2 first rounders and some other decent pieces a cap dump in Johanson which as we know costs assets and a conditional pick.
Comparing any deal to a deal Dorion makes is a recipe to make it looks good.
Meier is a better peice than all of them tho except stone and zibanejad.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Comparing any deal to a deal Dorion makes is a recipe to make it looks good.
Meier is a better peice than all of them tho except stone and zibanejad.
Duchene was having a better year and was a center. None returned what Meier just got. Anyway sens should be sellers here. Use the assets in the summer to address all the holes. Once Norris is healthy all the young core is a year older and they have some assets to get a d they will be a way better team.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Duchene was having a better year and was a center. None returned what Meier just got. Anyway sens should be sellers here. Use the assets in the summer to address all the holes. Once Norris is healthy all the young core is a year older and they have some assets to get a d they will be a way better team.
There is no pressing urgent need to make a trade now; waiting for the post season when UFAs become available and the entry draft would be fine by me UNLESS a top RD under a longer term contract becomes available now.

Reactions: Icelevel and bert

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

They (SJ) went for a package rather than a "blue-chip" prospect like we did when trading Stone. I think the latter is a much better way of doing business. Why go for one magic bean, when you can get 3 or 4.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Meier is an RFA. they’re guaranteed to have him for another year. Duchene deal wasn’t bad. The others I agree with.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
There's plenty of defensemen out there. If we beat Detroit twice, we're definitely adding one fringe top-4 guy. Emphasis on the word fringe.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What do we have to sell that you think can return a decent enough asset to help us plug holes in the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad