Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They (SJ) went for a package rather than a "blue-chip" prospect like we did when trading Stone. I think the latter is a much better way of doing business. Why go for one magic bean, when you can get 3 or 4.
I don't see much of a difference between Branntsrom and Mukhamadullin. Both first rounders. Both d men. But yeah its a good haul. Zetterlund is solid. He's a good young player. Heavy player.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

You guys still want him?

How about Cat for Jeannot + Fabbro package?

I don't see much of a difference between Branntsrom and Mukhamadullin. Both first rounders. Both d men. But yeah its a good haul. Zetterlund is solid. He's a good young player. Heavy player.

Brannstrom was, at one point, regarded as a top-3/5 prospect in the league.

Shakir will probably be a good top-4 guy one day, but he's in the 30-40 range currently.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What do we have to sell that you think can return a decent enough asset to help us plug holes in the Summer.
Not much unfortunately. But it will be a hell of alot cheaper then than now. If they can recoup some picks at the deadline now that will help from an asset stand point. Difference is Jersey, Buffalo etc have tons of assets because they managed them properly. Ie buying and selling at the right times. Exactly the opposite of what you're proposing.

How about Cat for Jeannot + Fabbro package?

Brannstrom was, at one point, regarded as a top-3/5 prospect in the league.

Shakir will probably be a good top-4 guy one day, but he's in the 30-40 range currently.
Never was he seen as this good. If so who the hell was watching him. Highest I'd ever seen him was around 10/12

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What would Carolina give up for Debrincat is the question. They need to answer the bell to all the teams in the east. It would be future based they won't be trading Pesce if they are trying to win.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
What would Carolina give up for Debrincat is the question. They need to answer the bell to all the teams in the east. It would be future based they won't be trading Pesce if they are trying to win.

If we trade Debrincat I’d try to go for a hockey deal similar to Dubois/Laine

I think we can get a top 4 at this deadline and worry about either extending Debrincat or trading him in the summer

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They (SJ) went for a package rather than a "blue-chip" prospect like we did when trading Stone. I think the latter is a much better way of doing business. Why go for one magic bean, when you can get 3 or 4.

It was a "mini blue chip prospect" that we got when trading Stone.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If I had to guess around a quantity type package that SJS got, I'd say something along the lines of probably Jack Drury, Heimosalmi, this years 1st (top 10 protected) and a conditional 2nd that becomes a 2024 1st if the make the ECF. Maybe someone like Fast thrown in to balance out salaries while we retain 50% on Cat?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not much unfortunately. But it will be a hell of alot cheaper then than now. If they can recoup some picks at the deadline now that will help from an asset stand point. Difference is Jersey, Buffalo etc have tons of assets because they managed them properly. Ie buying and selling at the right times. Exactly the opposite of what you're proposing.

Never was he seen as this good. If so who the hell was watching him. Highest I'd ever seen him was around 10/12
They have more assets because they drafted really really Well better than us it seems.

Also they didn’t trade 2nds for Murray and Stepan and then trade buckets of picks to get rid of Murray and Zaitsev. I’m not condoning doing those things again

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If I had to guess around a quantity type package that SJS got, I'd say something along the lines of probably Jack Drury, Heimosalmi, this years 1st (top 10 protected) and a conditional 2nd that becomes a 2024 1st if the make the ECF. Maybe someone like Fast thrown in to balance out salaries while we retain 50% on Cat?
Feel like San Jose's package is way better. Mukahmadullin is a much better prospect and they got a good ready player in Zetterlund. Don't think they actually have the pieces to match now that I look at it.

If Kane goes to NYR they might be desperate.... Could the sens get Jarvis? Have to think about a deal around him.

They have more assets because they drafted really really Well better than us it seems.

Also they didn’t trade 2nds for Murray and Stepan and then trade buckets of picks to get rid of Murray and Zaitsev. I’m not condoning doing those things again
No it's because they didn't burn countless assets like Dorion has. It's not a debate we Have seen it. He just did it with Zaitsev a week ago. Giving up picks and prospects for replacement level players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lol Tampa's highest pick this year is going to be a 6th rounder.

No first rounder for the next 3 drafts. Not a big deal I guess since they're legitimate cup threats for at least 2 more seasons
Selling the future for today! That's how you rise to the top but eventually fall to the bottom.

Reactions: bicboi64 and Yak

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There's no way any team that isn't already built to go far in the playoffs for years to come could have matched what Tampa offered for Jeannot. We're certainly not in a position where we can send back five frikkin picks, including a 1st, for a third liner.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Tanner is second coming of McJesus? I know those are all going to be low picks but wow. JB got fleeced Poille that is way to much of a over payment. 🫣

Tanner is going to be good player for them but that is one hell of a price to pay.
Safe to assume a few teams wanted him.

No way does the price get that high if Tampa was alone on him.

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad