Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Debrincat with an agreed upon extention that is palpable? That's a trade that makes some sense, still wouldn't have done it myself, but it makes sense.

DBC without an extension, for a pick as high as we had, with the roster built the way it was, is hard to understand.

I don't think we "overpaid" for DBC, I think we hastily made a move to appease the fans, when there were better moves to make, or not make.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Was moving Brown really needed for budget reasons, I mean, not adding Motte would have offset some of it, keeping him till the deadline probably had a net cost of about 2 mil.

It seemed at the time, the rationale to moving Brown was to open up budget room for the top 4 D acquisition that never materialized, heck didn't we make an offer to Klingberg after trading Brown?. Some of us were adamant that moving him at the deadline or in a package for the top 4 D was the better play, I still think that's true but Jeannot isn't a great comparable in terms of value, he's RFA, 800k, and much more physical. Kind of an apples and oranges situation.

Oh well, not losing any sleep over it at this point.
Between Motte and Zaitsev that was almost 4M. Assuming a deal was made for a D at 5M the money adds up as a 1M D would also be replaced.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Reality?.... It makes sense Because Tampa is a contender. Don't you see the difference? They got 5 picks including a first and 2nd rounder as well as a former 1st rounder who is a RD that is playing right now. Jeannot never returns that in the offseason. He is a physical middle 6 winger. He isn't a top 4 d man.

Blaming Dorion for sucking at his job on 'not being in the old boys club'. I've heard it all now.

Foote is quite clearly better than JBD. I am not going to bother arguing anymore it's pointless.

Why do you think so many teams are making playing available?.... could it be the return?... lol. Comical at this point. It's a sellers market they quite clearly aren't winning the cup. SELL.
Sell WHAT

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As a sens fan ya gotta love it. What a nightmare that Bolts team is to play against and got even tougher. They're gonna win the cup.

Brisebois knows what he is doing.

Expensive time to be a buyer! Look how loaded the east is lol. Time to sell sens fans. Too bad Dorion couldn't wait to sell Brown now eh! Lol. God damnit this team needs a new GM
Ya, maybe the Bolts were thinking that the way to beat the Leafs was to keep pounding them until their stars are little less eager to win those puck battles and play along the boards.

Bolts are "all in" this playoffs and they added a little pressure for the future by giving up all those assets for Jeannot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its been posted but here is the complete trade
The New Jersey Devils today acquired forwards Timo Meier, Timur Ibragimov, defensemen Scott Harrington, Santeri Hatakka, goaltender Zachary Emond and a fifth-round pick (originally Colorado's selection) in the 2024 NHL Draft via trade with the San Jose Sharks in exchange for New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft (conditional), defensemen Shakir Mukhamadullin and Nikita Okhotiuk, forwards Andreas Johnsson and Fabian Zetterlund, a conditional second-round selection in the 2024 NHL Draft and a seventh-round selection in 2024. San Jose will retain 50% of Meier's 2022-23 salary as part of the trade. The announcement was made by Executive Vice President/General Manager Tom Fitzgerald.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Debrincat with an agreed upon extention that is palpable? That's a trade that makes some sense, still wouldn't have done it myself, but it makes sense.

DBC without an extension, for a pick as high as we had, with the roster built the way it was, is hard to understand.

I don't think we "overpaid" for DBC, I think we hastily made a move to appease the fans, when there were better moves to make, or not make.
This is exactly my point. Knowing Giroux was signing, Debrincat was 9M + assets that could be used to improve elsewhere was a terrible move. 7OA alone could likely have gotten us a very good 2nd pair D. Dorion really screwed up with Debrincat.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I know this sounds crazy, but I wonder if we could snag Byfield from LA.

Talbot (50%), Watson, Wsh 2nd ‘24 for Walker and Byfield.

Give LA more cap flexibility next season, a tendy they can count on, Watson takes Byfield’s ice time and can contribute on the PK, and a 2nd they could use as another trade chip.

Then in turn maybe offer Pinto to Arizona for Chychrun… (barf)
lol. You can’t possibly think LA would bite at that.

Reactions: kinghock

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Motte replace Formenton’s money. It’s pretty obvious there was still a budget in place. Dorion should have used the Debrincat 9M to bring in a top 4 and keep Brown.

Who? Who is this mythical top 4 guy who was available? DeBrincat is a really good player who fits with the age of the team There was no dman similar to him on the market this offseason that could have been had for what they gave up for DeBrincat.

Assen na yo!

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I'm not mad at the Debrincat deal at all, you got a good young asset for a good price. I think, if we move him, he's a great trade chip for a summer hockey deal.

We have enough assets to get a top 4 dman regardless.

The Joseph trade and Talbot trades have sucked, however. Dorion consistently makes blunders, that is why this rebuild has taken so long, that is why as a budget team we have almost 5mil in dead cap, and that is why he will be fired when new ownership arrives.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hamonic, Talbot and Watson. Should have sold Motte for futures should have picked up Jost and Tolvanen off waivers. Not a complicated process. But for PD it is. But it's because he isn't in the 'old boys club' . What's Hughes, Adam's and Fitzgerlads. Old boys club resume look like.
It’s been reported that we are dollar in and dollar out so that kind of limits waiver claims. If we don’t get 4 points against Detroit we should sell if all UFAs, Holden, Hamonic, Holden, Watson for picks only. The Gauthier pick up was good IMO, he has speed which is lacking and he will be a cheap 4th liner.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I'm not mad at the Debrincat deal at all, you got a good young asset for a good price. I think, if we move him, he's a great trade chip for a summer hockey deal.

The Joseph trade and Talbot trades have sucked, however. Dorion consistently makes blunders, that is why this rebuild has taken so long, that is why as a budget team we have almost 5mil in dead cap, and that is why he will be fired when new ownership arrives.
what i’d do to have Gus back in this team

Reactions: bert

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
what i’d do to have Gus back in this team

I'm all on the Mads Sogaard train so its okay.

But Dorion just can't get out of his own way, loses out on value on players consistently, and makes countless bad trades/misjudgments - all while drafting a great core. The mistakes derail this thing, but the core is in a great spot for a new GM

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who? Who is this mythical top 4 guy who was available? DeBrincat is a really good player who fits with the age of the team There was no dman similar to him on the market this offseason that could have been had for what they gave up for DeBrincat.

Assen na yo!
When 7OA is on the table that likely opens up options.

Chychrun
Weeger (re-signing issues)
Murphy (big overpay)
Carlo allegedly
Someone from LA
Even Marino

Add in the extra money which could be repurposed and it makes sense.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hamonic, Talbot and Watson. Should have sold Motte for futures should have picked up Jost and Tolvanen off waivers. Not a complicated process. But for PD it is. But it's because he isn't in the 'old boys club' . What's Hughes, Adam's and Fitzgerlads. Old boys club resume look like.
Yeah I think there’s an imitation period like any profession. And he failed lol.

Yeah I would sell watson lol. You think I’m saying “keep watson for the playoff push”?

Agreed he should have picked up tolvanen.

My position is extremely neutral. If there’s a good deal to be had for a d man with term, make it. If not. Don’t. And if someone wants to pay any price for our literal worst players. Sell them.

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

If we can’t sign Debrincat by Friday move him at 50% retained. Market would be big IMO.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is exactly my point. Knowing Giroux was signing, Debrincat was 9M + assets that could be used to improve elsewhere was a terrible move. 7OA alone could likely have gotten us a very good 2nd pair D. Dorion really screwed up with Debrincat.
Well he is in a position now he should be able to sell him for more than it cost to trade for the player. If he wont sign an extension he should be traded too.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I'm all on the Mads Sogaard train so its okay.

But Dorion just can't get out of his own way, loses out on value on players consistently, and makes countless bad trades/misjudgments - all while drafting a great core. The mistakes derail this thing, but the core is in a great spot for a new GM
Same, I have high hopes for the big guy, but I think he’s maybe one or two more seasons away from taking on the reigns of #1. Ideally we could have just resigned Gus to a bridge deal (3 years) instead of trading him for Talbot. Him and Forsberg could have split the crease as a 1a 1b tandem this season. With us shipping Forsberg out for assets either this year or next. Which gives Mads enough time to develop in the AHL, and as back up for 2023/24 season. But Pierre gon Pierre 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Same, I have high hopes for the big guy, but I think he’s a maybe one or two more seasons away from taking on the reigns of #1. Ideally we could have just resigned Gus to a bridge deal (3 years) instead of trading him for Talbot. Him and Forsberg could have split the crease as a 1a 1b tandem this season. With us shipping Forsberg out for assets either this year or next. Which gives Mads enough time to develop in the AHL, and as back up for 2023/24 season. But Pierre gon Pierre 🤷‍♂️
Sogaard is waiver exempt for 2 more seasons. Don’t rush him, get a low priced vet for 1 year.

Reactions: bert

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
LA and Ottawa make good partners.

Talbot and a protected 2024 1st for Matt Roy.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I think Sens have been scouting Van quite a bit, I assumed it was for Demko or Schenn

but Miller being available and not knowing what we are doing with Debrincat is interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad