Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why is it an L? When the trade was made everyone could see this as a possible scenario yet everyone was still in support of it. It isn't an L at all. We made a splash, we were selling hope, we were trying to establish a winning culture.

We didn't make the playoffs for myriad reasons that have nothing to do with ADC and here we are in a situation where we're going to try to recoup as much as possible OR sign the guy, which could still happen.

Faulting a GM for a trade like the ADC one is a vote in favour of GM's that sit on their hands.
It absolutely is an L. You make splashes involving selling first rounders when you're close to the cup, kind of like what Tampa does, not when you're still rebuilding. When you acquire players to make the next big jump, you make sure there is term involved or that you can sign them asap, not have to worry about losing them for nothing or having to move them for lesser value.

Cat not being on his usual game is one part of us not making the playoffs. It's not as big of a factor as injuries, or depth, but to overlook it is doesn't make sense.

PD acquired Cat but didn't address D, he still sat on his hands to address our needs.

Reactions: bert

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Dorion saw a chance to make the playoffs and went for it and as a fan I appreciate that, but what was frustrating was the C Brown move and then the Chychrun trade not happening. I get it, these things take time to happen, but to trade Brown in order to add Chychrun and it not happend hurt badly.

Then Norris getting hurt decimated us.

I'd like to see this team with a healthy Norris with DBC and Chychrun for a full year, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Why is it an L? When the trade was made everyone could see this as a possible scenario yet everyone was still in support of it. It isn't an L at all. We made a splash, we were selling hope .....
Some saw the potential risk in this trade, so not sure about the "everyone was in support of it part". Many (myself included) felt it was a short term focused move. It made some sense within the context of a team that was about to be sold, and a GM trying to have a good year for personal career reasons. There was always the tension of sacrificing long term objectives and benefits versus short term gains here.

Reactions: bicboi64

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Trading for DBC if he does end up leaving was a mistake, no way around that.

Trading that 2022 1st (7th) for a young player was a fine move, but that player needs to be a part of the core for the next 4+ years. If we trade it for what amounts to rental, it's very obviously a huge miss.

If we are looking at bringing another DBC type player this offseason if we do move on (let's say a 5-7 million dollar winger), the teams trading those are not going to want DBC, they're going to want what we traded away for DBC.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Why is it an L? When the trade was made everyone could see this as a possible scenario yet everyone was still in support of it. It isn't an L at all. We made a splash, we were selling hope, we were trying to establish a winning culture.

If you have to trade him a year later for less than you originally gave up and didn't make the playoffs, it's an L. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good trade at the time, just that the end result is a loss. Going all in with pocket aces before the flop is a good move but you can still lose.

Assen na yo!

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
What’s the deal with Batherson ?
Is he tradeable for the right piece ?

The reason I’m asking is because I was going to create a proposal on main boards but wanted to ask Sens fans first

Last time I made a proposal that included Sens player, you guys were on my ass

Reactions: Sensators

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

The reason I’m asking is because I was going to create a proposal on main boards but wanted to ask Sens fans first

Don't think so, especially with Debrincat likely on the way out. Batherson will probably be a 75 point player (if healthy) making 4.95 mil so I doubt we'd give that up unless it's an overpayment.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Not really an option, unless you have a Batherson level forward on a good contract coming back

Reactions: Coffees

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

No sorry. Contract is too good for what he provides.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Batherson is our most capfriendly contract on our roster. In the cap era having really good players that make 4 to 5 million dollars are highly sought after. At 5 million for the next 4 seasons I can't see us wanting to trade him. He can be a 30 plus goal scorer. I think there is too much upside to Batherson at a reasonable salary to trade him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am willing to bet that Detroit would give a 1st plus extras on a signed Debrincat. Use that plus Grieg to get Keller.
You're not getting Keller for a 1st + Grieg + extras. He's a 24 year old 90 point player, on an atrocious offensive team, signed to an unbelievable contract for the next 5 years

They aren't trading Keller without a Sanderson coming back, and the Sens aren't trading a Sanderson.

Reactions: bert

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Starting out with a Stutzle for Marner trade base was a bold move to say the least.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Trading for DBC if he does end up leaving was a mistake, no way around that.

Trading that 2022 1st (7th) for a young player was a fine move, but that player needs to be a part of the core for the next 4+ years. If we trade it for what amounts to rental, it's very obviously a huge miss.

If we are looking at bringing another DBC type player this offseason if we do move on (let's say a 5-7 million dollar winger), the teams trading those are not going to want DBC, they're going to want what we traded away for DBC.
I think this is the long and short of it. I was excited by the move, but really, it had no planning at all. At least Dorion should have had an indication about whether he would sign.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
It absolutely is an L. You make splashes involving selling first rounders when you're close to the cup, kind of like what Tampa does, not when you're still rebuilding. When you acquire players to make the next big jump, you make sure there is term involved or that you can sign them asap, not have to worry about losing them for nothing or having to move them for lesser value.

Cat not being on his usual game is one part of us not making the playoffs. It's not as big of a factor as injuries, or depth, but to overlook it is doesn't make sense.

PD acquired Cat but didn't address D, he still sat on his hands to address our needs.
I dunno man, easy to sit here and look in the rear mirror and pretend to be cleaver but it was almost universally seen as a very good trade by Dorion when it was anounced. Not just by sens fans but by fans and experts around the league...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Dorion saw a chance to make the playoffs and went for it and as a fan I appreciate that, but what was frustrating was the C Brown move and then the Chychrun trade not happening. I get it, these things take time to happen, but to trade Brown in order to add Chychrun and it not happend hurt badly.

Then Norris getting hurt decimated us.

I'd like to see this team with a healthy Norris with DBC and Chychrun for a full year, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be in the cards.
If that doesn't happen the Sens make the playoffs.

Reactions: SpezDispenser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad