Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
The worst part is that its the Devils getting him… they are considered to be our rebuilding counterparts but will just 5-6 years ahead of us with this move and have better long-term outlook. More frustrated than anything. Would rather Meier than DebrinCat.

Agreed and think that with new ownership and team outlook well be able to attract one here.

I dont mind Brassard tbh. So someone like him but with better productivity.

Gauthier/Kastelic/Joesph…. sounds like an ideal 4th line except for Joseph’s contract.
I know he will probably get top 6 $$$ but Killorn would be an amazing add for third line

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Would love fabbro. Considering a 2nd went for Nino, this will be a less expensive trade for Sens.
Do we want a mini reclamation project tho? There’s a chance he comes here and is just not that great. And there are some sure things on the market at the moment. Maybe not sure thing contracts. But sure things on the ice for at least the next 3-5 years

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Do we want a mini reclamation project tho? There’s a chance he comes here and is just not that great. And there are some sure things on the market at the moment. Maybe not sure thing contracts. But sure things on the ice for at least the next 3-5 years
Why not both

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-XXX
Brannstrom-Fabbro

That defense as a whole would look a lot better and we can make moves as our players develop in the ahl (kleven etc). However if we can only trade for one dman then I agree I much rather a sure thing

• Love
Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Emerica

May 29, 2010
He's more a St-Louis guy it seems but generally when he says something it seems like it's accurate. Doesn't seem like the type of guy to throw shit around. He's definitely connected.
Kevin Weekes confirmed it as well

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Not surprised there's a decent amount of interest in Talbot. With one year left and very good numbers in the playoffs teams will be interested. Cost won't be anything too high, he brings a level of stability and proven track record of performing when it matters the most.

I'm hoping there's a bit of a bidding war since there aren't many goalie available and hopefully we can get a late 2nd or something like that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not surprised there's a decent amount of interest in Talbot. With one year left and very good numbers in the playoffs teams will be interested. Cost won't be anything too high, he brings a level of stability and proven track record of performing when it matters the most.

I'm hoping there's a bit of a bidding war since there aren't many goalie available and hopefully we can get a late 2nd or something like that.
Probably goes for a 4th or 5th.

Giving up The Bus for that kind of stings.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
With all due respect to RD, Ottawa should forget and prioritize Meier hard.

Would be a brilliant get. And we have the assets. This is a no brainer trade. It would also allow us to potentially move on from Batherson if need be. Meier is a mold of DeBrincat and Batherson.

Greig-Stutzle-Meier
Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kaestlic-Gauthier

DeBrincat for Meier (or something of that sort)

Batherson for Pesce (or defenseman similar)

Chabot-Pesce
Sanderson-Zub

Let’s get to it. Doubt Dorion has that vision. If NJD get Meier, will be genius genius move.
But if SJ doesn’t want Meier, why would the want DBC. Plus 10 million QO offer.

Don’t they want prospects and picks

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well you can feel good that it wasn’t an extension that Talbot wanted. It was likely very short term and for not much money
Pretty much this.

Safe to assume that if Dorion offered a lengthy deal and or big dollars that Talbot accepts the deal. But he didn't accept what was offered

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
But if SJ doesn’t want Meier, why would the want DBC. Plus 10 million QO offer.

Don’t they want prospects and picks
Would seem so, as that's what most rebuilding teams want.

If we are trading for a good player, you have to think its assets like Pinto, Grieg and our 1st round picks that teams would be after, especially the 2023 1st. Reality bites.

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I know this sounds crazy, but I wonder if we could snag Byfield from LA.

Talbot (50%), Watson, Wsh 2nd ‘24 for Walker and Byfield.

Give LA more cap flexibility next season, a tendy they can count on, Watson takes Byfield’s ice time and can contribute on the PK, and a 2nd they could use as another trade chip.

Then in turn maybe offer Pinto to Arizona for Chychrun… (barf)

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Give LA more cap flexibility next season, a tendy they can count on, Watson takes Byfield’s ice time and can contribute on the PK, and a 2nd they could use as another trade chip.

If there's a deal to be made with LA, I hope it can be a quantity for quality type move.

retain half on Holden, Watson, Talbot and throw in a 2nd for Roy. All of our expiring spare parts for a defender that can help us right now and next year would be a dream come true

Reactions: DrEasy and Que

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If there's a deal to be made with LA, I hope it can be a quantity for quality type move.

retain half on Holden, Watson, Talbot and throw in a 2nd for Roy. All of our expiring spare parts for a defender that can help us right now and next year would be a dream come true

Well I think they might want to move Peterson as well, which we might entertain.

I believe LA ends up in a bidding war with Boston and Chicago for Pastranak in the off-season so they’re going to use the trade deadline and playoffs as a potential showcase.

I just don’t see them wanting to move* Roy. They love him.

Edit: I see LA thinking of moving a bad contract with a younger developing asset rather than trading an asset that contributes for other assets that contribute. Sometimes these comprehension skills… I tell ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and bicboi64

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Wow don't know how LA says no to that.

Honestly one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad